“Okay place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Virginia
“Okay place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel is right next to the Farm Show Complex. It is located at the end of street with nothing within walking distance. Neighborhood past the Farm Expo Center is a bit sketchy and is billed as a revitalization opportunity. The room was clean and we were told we needed to request housekeeping on the weekend. We requested towels only, but the rooms were cleaned too,

Breakfast area/seating is small. Room is open to the second floor, so noise travels. Would not rec. staying on level two, at least not in the middle of the floor. Food items were decent. Nice but small covered patio out back.

About 20 minutes to everything here. Convenient for Hershey Park. There is a fantastic restaurant down the street called Appalachian Brewery. Nice rooftop dining terrace.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of your room and on our convenient location - close to the Farm Show Complex and a short drive to Hershey Park.
Thank you for trusting us with your hotel needs and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed a weekend at this hotel, It was my fourth time staying here. I dont dislike this hotel. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and polite. The room was clean and well stocked the second day I was there. I requested a king with pull out couch for my older son and they obliged my request even after the room I thought I reserved was incorrect. The free breakfast was enjoyed by my boys, especially the waffle maker! We also enjoyed the indoor pool because the weather was a bit chilly! overall no complaints here!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hershey and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you received excellent service from our friendly and helpful staff. It was our pleasure to accommodate your request for a different room type. We want all our guests to be comfortable during their stay!
We hope that our great service, clean and well-stocked suites and delicious complimentary breakfast buffet will encourage a return visit soon. We look forward to welcoming you back.
HP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family of 4 was staying for Memorial Day weekend to visit Hershey Park. We stayed in studio with 2 full size beds and non-pullout sofa and kitchen.

Negatives: The room was lacking in much dresser space, only two drawers below the TV hutch. For a good size hotel, only 3 luggage carts were available, and ours worked poorly. Breakfast was ok, with standard items you'd expect. No real driveway space in front of hotel to load/unload luggage. We played ball in the grassy area in back of hotel, but since there was no fence we had to chase the ball down to the river below. The benches in the back were in poor condition. No stairs alternative next to the slow 2 elevators. Noisy air conditioning. Small pool couldn't handle number of swimmers, so it was unusable. Not much going on around the hotel as it's an industrial area. Tiny trash cans in room. Not a great value as we stay at Hampton Inns and Residence Inns all the time.

Positives: .staff was helpful, brought us pitchers of drinks to the conference room where we ate our own food. Common area and rooms were clean. Kitchen worked fine. Bathroom vanity area and shower area were separated. Internet worked fine. Plenty of cable channels. Nice BBQ area in back, although we didn't see anyone using it.

Room Tip: We need queen size beds at a minimum, so these mattresses were too small for us.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for trusting the Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hershey with your hotel needs during Memorial Day Weekend. We are pleased to hear that you received excellent service from our staff and found our hotel and guest rooms to be clean and comfortable. We are sorry that the number of guests during the weekend made luggage carts scarce and use of the pool difficult. We are mindful of your comments regarding dresser space in your guest room and we have shared your concerns about the benches out back with our maintenance team.

Should your travels permit a return visit, please feel free to utilize the space in front, near the flag poles, to conveniently load and unload your luggage. Also, there are stairs available at either end of the hotel, if you prefer them over the elevator.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to enhance the overall guest satisfaction. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Harrisburg so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked a king suite for a romantic weekend away, as a mini honeymoon for my husband and I. The employee that checked us in was rude, and rolled her eyes when I stated that I wished to pay with cash. If paying with cash, you're also asked to pay a deposit to cover incidentals. I had no problem with that, but upon checkout, no one could find it, which held us up from our planned activities for the day. Our room was nice. Smaller than anticipated, but still decent. On our king bed, we had four pillows. Normally, that'd be fine, but they smashed down to about an inch thick. Luckily, we brought our own. The kitchen was great; fully stocked with dishes, coffee, etc, but when I grabbed a glass from the cupboard in the evening, it was dirty. I don't know about anyone else, but that certainly grosses me out. The bathroom was small, but the shower was spacious. I do recommend bringing your own toilet paper, because the "feather soft" brand is about as soft as a sheet of sandpaper. The remote didn't work properly for the tv, and the thermostat would not stay on what we set it. There is some noise from the railroad nearby, but it's inevitable. It wasn't too disruptive. No one delivers after 9pm, even on the weekends, and you have a short drive to find anything decent. I did like that there wasn't a lot of activity near the hotel, and it seemed to be in a safe part of town. You'll have to drive to get to any activities or restaurants. All in all, for the amount that I paid for this room, I would've chosen somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your romantic weekend getaway. We are glad that you enjoyed our quiet location and the “great” kitchen in your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we will have the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Last May I was volun-told, I had to attend a three-week training class in Harrisburg. I used to stay at the Holiday Inn express during business trips that Harrisburg area. But I figured three full weeks in Harrisburg I might need some space in the room so I took a shot in the dark and convinced eight others to try this hotel. We fell in love, and ever since we've been staying at the stay bridge. The last two months I've logged in over 25 nights at the stay bridge. The only two issues that I can really speak about and they are very minor. It seems like they have added several rooms with two full beds. Last May when I stayed there I had a king bed, like I said only a minor issue one that is the sleep one and the other is to hold my luggage just kidding I would not put dirty luggage on the bed. The other issue minor in nature is there is a young lady at the desk who seems like she is always having a bad day when we check in. In contrast there is a young lady with blonde hair who goes out of her way with her bubbly personality to make us feel welcome and part of the family. The rooms are clean, the food is good, and the facilities are nice. I would recommend this hotel the people traveling to Harrisburg on business or pleasure because they really take care of their guests at this location. I'll see you guys next week.

Room Tip: Avoid the back rooms as they face the railroad tracks, trust me it's an active railroad all hour...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
On behalf of the entire Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hershey team, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate your comments on our staff, our great facilities, cleanliness and good food. Our goal is to make each of our guests feel as though they are a guest in our own home and your comments are the seal of approval on our efforts. Your repeat business and recommendation to others are two of the greatest compliments you can give us and we thank you for them.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I wish I could give a 1/2 Star... This is an EXCELLENT hotel - I stay here once a year when I'm in Harrisburg on business and will continue to stay here. The staff is courteous and friendly, the rooms top-notch. The complimentary breakfast is buffet-style and very good.
The location is perfect if you're in Harrisburg for the Farm Show Complex or the Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC), but a little out of the way for downtown and other nearby attractions.
There is a Business Center, Pool and Fitness Room. A friend used the Bus. Center and stated the computers are running Windows XP. The Fitness Center has a set of dumb-bells to 25 lbs, a treadmill that wasn't working properly, an elliptical machine (perfect) and a bike machine (didn't use it). I didn't use the pool, but it appeared to be very clean.
The only 2 things preventing me from giving this hotel 5 Stars is: 1) There's no bar or restaurant within or adjoining the hotel, but there's some very good restaurants only a short drive away. 2) If you like to sleep in, the outside noise from the nearby railroad yard will be your morning wake-up call during the week.

Room Tip: For less noise in the morning, get a room away from the railroad yard
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel for other travelers on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments on our friendly staff, excellent complimentary breakfast and convenient location.
While we do not have an adjoining restaurant, we do keep several menus on hand at the front desk for local restaurants that deliver. We will be happy to share them with you on your next visit.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very clean! Friendly, helpful staff. Safe and convenient location. Will definitely return and recommend to friends and family. Directly across from the farm complex where many different types of events are held throughout the year....book early.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
On behalf of the entire Staybridge Suites Harrisburg team, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We set high standards for product, service and cleanliness and it is very gratifying to hear that we met those standards during your stay. We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations the next time you are in town.

Been to Staybridge Suites Harrisburg? Share your experiences!