“Clean Hotel…Free Breakfast and evening snack (really felt like dinner)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Harrisburg

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
District of Columbia
“Clean Hotel…Free Breakfast and evening snack (really felt like dinner)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here while on business. It is right next door to the Farm Complex. You can walk there. Not walking distance to anything else. The hotel was very clean. The rooms were nice. The hotel provided the standard free breakfast which was yummy and had a nice mix of protein & carbs. They also provided an evening "snack." During my stay the snack for one night were Brats and Burgers with Chips, salad, fruit…Yeah…it was really dinner. I thought that was a nice touch. The service was great and I slept well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy the evening social which is offered on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week.

We greatly appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Mastic, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This is actually my second time staying in this particular Staybridge Suites. We stayed 2 years ago while in town for the PA Auto Show, and this time we returned to town for the same reason.

The hotel is next door to the PA Farm Show Complex, making it very convenient for any event taking place there. It's also right off I-81 (Exit 67) so it's convenient for travelers as well.

I usually love staying at Staybridge because the rates are very reasonable for what you get. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite which was very clean and spacious. Since it was a Sunday night in January, the hotel wasn't very crowded naturally, so we were able to get a room on the first floor, right down the hall from the breakfast area. The two-bedroom includes a separate living room as well as a kitchen with full-sized fridge and two enclosed bedrooms and bathrooms (one with two queen beds and another with one bed (I believe it was a king). The beds were clean and comfortable, the bathrooms were nice sizes and the living room with TV was also nice. Free Wi-Fi was fast and easy to log on to. Can't complain at all, the room was excellent. But I expected as much since I was familiar with the hotel from my last visit.

The breakfast is free and was pretty good, the selection was moderate but included your normal options such as eggs, make-your-own waffles, fruits, bagels, cereals, sausages, etc. The sitting area is nice with a fireplace and TV, and there's even an outdoor sitting area for the warmer times of the year.

Staff was always very pleasant and helpful. Check-in and check-out was easy.

I would (and will) definitely return to this location the next time I'm in the area, and would also recommend it to anyone looking for a spacious option convenient to the Harrisburg area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear jasonk827,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you had during your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and recommendation. It brings me great pleasure to know that you found the staff pleasant to interact with.

Our goal is to treat all of our guests as though they are guests in our own homes. We strive to create an atmosphere where our guests can feel comfortable and at home.

We really appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again during your next trip into town!
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

staff was pleasant and hotel was clean and inviting. bfast buffet nice. we booked a one bedroom king suite. 3 adults. found very nice room layout except my 18 yr old daughter had a small couch to sleep on. not a pullout full size sofa. no sheets or blanket provided. no pillow. we shared ours. she slept on floor because couch too short. never expected this for price of room. first time with this chain. will inspect room before settling in next time.

• Stayed January 2014
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear CJandGene1986,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel.

We are honored to be your first stay at a Staybridge Suites. We do have additional suite-types available, one of which includes a one bedroom suite with two beds and even a two bedroom and two bathroom suite for your ultimate comfort. We will look forward to the opportunity to host you again and have you enjoy one of these suite-types.

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and amenities of our property. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip into the Harrisburg area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

A group of us stayed here while in town on business. Hotel was full, but staff made sure everyone was taken care of. Staff is ultra friendly. Nice evening buffet and morning breakfast. Mercedes and the other staff for the dining went out of their way to make sure we had all that we needed. We look forward to staying here again in a few months.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you had during your stay with us. It brings us great joy that you found the staff pleasant to interact with. We look forward to seeing you in a few months during your next stay at our hotel!
Shaker Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel as it was a good halfway point between Philadelphia and Cleveland. Travelling with 2 young children, we really enjoy suite-style setups where there is a separate room. This way the children can go to bed earlier and we can still enjoy ourselves in the other room. The accommodations were great and the staff was friendly. The location was a little off the beaten path (we had to drive 10 minutes or so for the closest restaurant) but the surrounding area was fine. And the free breakfast in the morning was an added bonus! Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Brad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We are greatly appreciative of your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town!
Endwell, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My family and I lodged at the Staybridge this month while I worked at Pennsylvania Christmas Show at the Farm Show Complex.
Pros:
As a family of 6, finding adequate accommodations can be a challenge. While I discovered several options in the Harrisburg/Hershey area, I chose the Staybridge for it's proximity to the event and price.We were quite happy with the suite itself. It was just big enough that we all had space but still had that cozy feel we are used to.

I LOVED having 2 bathrooms. Each were full with the sink and vanity separate from toilet and shower.

The suite and hotel were quite clean.

A hotel provided breakfast is a must for us. Staybridge had a nice selection of hot and cold items. The kids always love a waffle station which they did have. I liked that to-go bags were provided for those not having time to sit and eat.

The Cons:
For an extended stay/suite hotel I really think that there should be at least 1 larger trash can. My trash cans were overflowing immediately and it was an issue during our stay. I would have been happy to take it out someplace if we were provided a chute or designated area on the floor to dispose of it, at the very least.

Each room has it's own tv (3 in total). I found that excessive and issues arose with sound competition and remotes changing channels on unintended tv sets.

The mattresses seem to have exceeded their lifetime. The beds were very uncomfortable. Even my children complained of this. The sofa bed mattress was VERY bad-even considering it was a sofa bed.

The heat was too high in the hotel. I would think it was just me, but I over heard other guests mentioning how hot it was. **Tip: to cool the room in winter, I had to turn it on cool with the desired temperature. Lowering the thermostat a few degrees with out running on cool did not help.

**Overall, I would chose this hotel again if I find myself back in Harrisburg**

Room Tip: If you are easily disturbed by night noises, you might want to request rooms on the front side of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Christina,

We are glad you were able to enjoy the amenities of our hotel and experience the homelike atmosphere with your family in our two bedroom, two bathroom suite.

Thank you so much for bringing the room temperature to our attention. Although our goal is to make sure your room is at a comfortable temperature for your arrival, your feedback will help us standardize the temperature to 70 degrees. Thank you for your insight on the mattresses, the rooms on the first floor do tend to get more use in addition to the sleeper sofas. Until we can get mattresses changed out, we can place you on a higher floor as the mattresses may be more firm. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff during your stay so we can ensure you are most comfortable.

We appreciate your insight on the amenities in the room to comply with Staybridge Suites brand standards. We do offer more trash receptacles in the larger suites along with a daily light touch service in order to remove the trash so that it does not create any odor or build up in your room. We apologize for any inconvenience and upon your next visit our staff is more than happy to remove your trash or direct you to our hotel trash receptacle, if you prefer.

Again, thank you so much for your valuable feedback as it does help us greatly to better our guest experience. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip into the Harrisburg/Hershey area.
Covington, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I love the layout of these rooms! I was traveling on business and had wanted to try a Staybridge Suite for when my family and I travel. The rooms are perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I arrived after dark and didn't really feel like going out to get something to eat, they have a little social hour in the dining area with light dinner choices, FREE!!! Great stay! Thanks so much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a great first Staybridge experience at our location. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip into the area!

Been to Staybridge Suites Harrisburg? Share your experiences!