I stayed at this hotel for one night in order to be near Harrisburg for a test the next morning, so I was willing to spend a little more money in order to get a quiet room and a free, quick breakfast. When I arrived, I waited for 10-15 minutes to check-in... the person at the front desk was trying to check-in another customer while handling no less than three phone calls. She was very polite despite the stressful conditions.
The room was great, with an ample kitchen and far more features than a traditional hotel room. While the balance of the suite had an attractive, contemporary design, the bathroom left a lot to be desired, but was acceptable.
When I went back down to the front desk to ask for the best directions into the city, I waited another 5-7 minutes to speak with the employee at the front desk, even though there was no one else in line! She was busy taking phone calls and clearly distracted with other tasks. She was, again, very polite when she got to me, but was only marginally useful with directions (local employees should probably be familiar with the area enough to provide guidance).
The sleep was completely peaceful, with blackout curtains, comfy blankets and mattress, and no noise interruptions to speak of. In the morning, I went down for breakfast, which was marginal at best. The warm food consisted of flavorless fake eggs and french toast sticks, and the coffee was extremely weak. The breakfast at Super8s are far superior, which is saying something.
Lastly, I was disappointed that the hotel does not have an indoor pool or hot tub... that would have been great!
Don't let this review cause you to forgo booking the hotel... I'm merely dwelling on the hotel's opportunities so that they can be noted. I would certainly stay at this hotel again, especially on an extended stay (mostly for the kitchen - you can make your own breakfast if you like).
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg
- Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hotel
- Harrisburg Staybridge Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, PA is a brand new all suite hotel located only minutes from Downtown Harrisburg, The Outlets at Hershey, Harrisburg State Capitol Complex and Hershey Park Stadium as well as the Harrisburg International Airport MDT.If you are coming to the area for a few nights or a few months you will find all the conveniences of home at our hotel. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, stove top, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access or relax in the comfortable living room area while you enjoy premium cable television, DVD player and HBO movies. Work off some stress in our 24 hour fitness center, take a dip in our indoor pool, or relax in our library with your favorite book. Don t forget to stop by our Bridgemart where you can pick up a variety of foods, beverages and even toiletry items 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Staybridge Suites Harrisburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.