“Difficult exit off of I-81 southbound” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
florida
“Difficult exit off of I-81 southbound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed here before, and swore I wouldn't stay here again, because of the confusing exit numbers. Bless the DOT but they deserve to be smacked for stupid signage all over this wonderful country. Anyhow the confusing exit numbers worked again and, after driving many hundreds of miles, had to loop around and so there - I have taken my frustration out just by writing this. The hotel actually is great. Quiet and well appointed. Our king suite has a very good layout affording privacy and a sense of comfort. Kitchen is fine. These folks had a really good and simple repas and it was hot. The baked potatoes and salad were perfect. Enjoyed the corn bread. Breakfast I know will be wonderful. Night, night! Oh we had an annoying running toilet and maintenance was right on the spot and replaced a part and saving the planet one drip at a time.

Room Tip: Once you find it you'll enjoy it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reedsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

A group of us was here using a meeting room for an entire week and the hotel staff was phenomenal. They handled everything we need with speed and graciousness. Well worth the time we were here. I would gladly return to this location for future events. It is easy to get to from major roadways. Pantry available for purchasing various items. The kitchen staff was great and allowed us access to the microwave. It was a relief to know that we were welcome in the facility.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

All the workers were friendly and courteous! Whenever we asked for them to adjust the air, they were more than happy to do so. Also for lunch I brought food which they let me use the microwave!! I wish I would have stated overnight because they have an indoor pool! Also they allow pets!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a business traveler I always want to get checked in and out with the least amount of hassle. From the front desk Ieschia provided the utmost warm welcome and accomodating attitude that a business traveler could ever ask for. She provided me with area information and directions to shopping areas that I needed to purchase some items I needed. Kathy in the buffet area was so helpful and friendly. I needed some additional cleaning items for my suite kitchen and she so eagerly provided me with the items I needed in no time. This was my first stay here and I was so very impressed with the service that the personnel provided. This is the kind of service you would find at some of the finest hotels anywhere. Thank you for excellent committment to customer satisfaction! Your management should be proud of the excellent customer service that you provided. Hats off to Ieschia and Kathy - much appreciated!!

Piscataway, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have to complement the staff as they were polite and friendly. The food that was offered buffet style was also acceptable, clean and always available. The hotel in general was clean. HOWEVER, the housekeeping services were the worst that I have ever experienced within the IHG chains. I stay over 50+ nights a year in hotels and was at this location for 10 nights. Also be warned it is located across from an active rail yard which can be very noisy through the night.

They use a "light touch" services for the suites. They will make the beds, and empty the garbage. That's it. You have to request for housekeeping for the weekend before 5 pm friday, so if you are a late check-in you can just about forget having your room cleaned for the entire weekend. On both weekends we were left off the list (went to the desk to confirm), even though we went to the front desk and requested servicing- which at the time was written on a scrap paper and one time in what appeared to be a book. The light touch service also does not include vacuuming- as our floors were dirty almost every day, although they will be happy to vacuum outside our door at 9:30 pm.

Toilet Paper???? I've NEVER had to request toilet paper while staying in a hotel. Apparently the light-touch service doesn't include making sure that there is enough tissue for the day. There wasn't even a spare roll left in the room for emergencies. I don't need a fresh roll daily, but I also shouldn't have to go to the front desk to request more. Light touch also doesn't include refreshing the shampoos/soaps etc when empty.... but front desk is happy to give them to you.

And every room comes with a pull-out couch. Are there extra linens in the closet??? No... you have to request those too. You would think the staff would notice that a pull-out was in use for the week and provide proper linens. A full-service cleaning does occur once a week.

The part that is MOST upsetting is that after 3 separate requests that our room PLEASE HAVE TOILET PAPER and PLEASE REFRESH SOAPS that there was no change in the housekeeping.

It makes for a very unpleasant experience if multiple guests are using the room.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the railroad yard.
brattleboro, vt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a one bedroom suite that was clean and comfortable, including the beds. Have no complaints about the suite. The staff were all very friendly, especially the breakfast staff. The coffee was really good. Read a review about someone having trouble with a cardboard tray to take breakfast to their room. I also had a tray and actually hung onto it the entire 4 days of my stay as I thought it was too nice to throw out. They have a nice lounge to eat in, but sometimes was kind of busy. The pool is small and seems a bit cold, but might be due to the pool room itself being quite warm. There are free washers and dryers, but had to move clothes from one machine to another as they didn't seem to work as well as they should. Our stay was a good one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hanover, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at Staybridge Suites for 3 days on a trip to Hershey Park & Amish Country. The hotel is located at one end of an industrial park and is surrounded by some not so great looking areas but the hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The grounds are well kept and the staff is friendly. It is a great central location for visiting Hershey at a much lower price. Also, Amish country is only about an hour away so we were able to get to that area as well. We cooked dinner every night in the hotel. Pool was small and very cold so kids did not swim.

Room Tip: This hotel allows pets so ask to be away from animals if you don't want to hear barking or you a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites. We appreciate your compliments about the upkeep of the hotel grounds and our friendly staff. We are so pleased with your comment that the hotel is in a great central location for visiting Hershey and the Amish Country! We received similar feedback from many of the families that stayed with us over the summer – they were also pleased to have a roomy suite, convenient drive to Hershey Park and felt that the hotel was a great value!

We apologize that your kids found the pool to be cold. Our staff checks the temperature daily to ensure that the temperature is within the state mandated guidelines. We will be sure to keep a close eye on this to ensure that the pool heater is operating properly.

Thank you for providing the room tip for future guests. We are a pet friendly hotel, which many of our guests appreciate this convenience. In order to assist our guests who may have pet allergies, we do designate specific rooms as being pet friendly.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Been to Staybridge Suites Harrisburg? Share your experiences!