“nice room, but everything else needs work.” 2 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“nice room, but everything else needs work.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

1. nice, clean room...we loved it. Front staff was nice.

2. the food that was served "complimentary" was HORRIFIC! Unless you got cereal, the food was just disgusting. No one in my family would eat it. for the price, this hotel should do better.
3. Pool is very small and too hot...more like a hot tub. With 12 people in it at one point, the water had turned a milky white...yuck.

There were not adequate towels, and the front desk woman was alone in the evening on friday..left to do everything. This is a management problem. They knew Hershey opened on friday, and should have anticipated a larger crowd. We ran out of toilet paper in our room as we were leaving. I understand trying to conserve, but we had 4 people, and we only had a half roll when we came in---really? they couldn't have left at least one more spare roll?

the bottom of our bath had stains or dirt on the bottom...I didn't bother trying to scrub them out, but it scared my toddler. Housekeeping?????

It is doubtful I will ever try this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed 4 nights at Staybridge and I found the rooms were great and has great ammenities. I really like the pool and fitness centre. The pool was so warm, and is a great way to relax. Hot breakfast was included and so much better than the usual packaged stuff. Staff was great as well. I thought this hotel was a great value for the money. Would stay here again.

The hotel's address is not in the GPS, but the road used to be called Industrial Road. It is next to the Farm Show Complex.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel is in excellent condition. I have never had a more comfortable hotel bed. Found the staff to be friendly and helpful. When my event was canceled due to the complex flooding, and I had found out after check out time they gave me time to check out so I did not incur more cost for nights I would not need. It is convent to the Farm Complex and the shuttle is helpful as you would not have to worry about distant parking / fees in the complex lot and walking. Its close to down town where there is good dining choices. There is not much choice for food delivery in the area. No bed bugs! Nice flat screen TV's. Full size refrigitor , microwave , there is also a dish washer. Plenty of room in the bath room. One downside close to train station where they unload and load the trains so there is noise in the morning depending on the day of the week.

Room Tip: Be sure and get a 1
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The staff at the Staybridge were very friendly and accomodating, Whether it was those at the front desk, or Jodi and Reggie in the kitchen (who took so much pride in their included breakfast offerings). "Anything we can do to help" seemed to be their motto during my whole stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Cessnock, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

The greeting by staff and the service of breakfast by Jodie and at happy hour was again excellent will recommend to anybody that i know that will travelling your way

Room Tip: Close to airport and easy to get toother location
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I booked this hotel to have a small swimming party for son. When I called I requested to have 2 bedroom suite but when I checked in , I found that it wasn't the room I requested. ( things happen needless to say) So I asked for the manager
never thinking anything would
come of it , by just wanting him to
know. Well the manager (Andre)
not only was welcoming but he
really listened and took action!!!!!!
He was able to offer me a few
different
options ( even with the hotel being
sold out.) He took the time out to
take me see some other room
options, which really showed me the
saying they have was true. I think it
was: "we love our guess" . Everything worked out well for thanks to a caring manager.

• Stayed March 2011
La Fargeville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This Hotel has some very good quality personnel ((Jodi) was a super kitchen personnel). The hospitality was unfriendly and unsatisfactory for this type of establishment. The washers rarely spun the clothes, the fitness center was not what was mentioned to me over the phone. I have stayed at Staybridges in various states and thought they were all comparable to each other but was unfortunate to find out this is not the case. If they would follow suit to other Staybridges this would be a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Harrisburg? Share your experiences!