“Good brews and burgers.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 461 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Lancaster Brewing Company (LBC), Harrisburg's hotspot for award-winning, micro-brewed beer and great tasting American cuisine. LBC exudes the rustic charm of a historic ale house, but with a clean, sophisticated, contemporary flair.
Stafford, Virginia
“Good brews and burgers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stopped here on our way through harrisburg. Got a flight of craft beer 11 tastes for 12. Awesome deal. Some good tastes. Good homemade chips and fries. Tasty black bean burger and lamb burger and pulled pork sandwhich. White bean chili was good too. Service was awesome. Our server was super attentive and efficient.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Wanted to really love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had dinner here while staying at a close-by hotel on a Hershey park visit. We have been to LBC in Lancaster before, so kind of knew what to expect. My first impression was not great. The restaurant is located next to a seedy hotel and there were tons of weeds around the front of the building, as we walked in. Would take someone 5 min to clean up the front and make it look nicer. Not a good first impression.
We went early and were seated promptly. Our waitress was great. Attentive, friendly, experienced. Excellent service. However, she was quick to say that they had been slammed the night before and there were long waits for food. Also said she was expecting that tonight. Well, that certainly made me nervous as we had a tired Hershey-parked kid with us. Well, luckily our food came out in a decent time. It was ok. I had the crabcake app, which was too big and mushy, served with black beans, which was not a great combo. My hubby and I both ordered the fish tacos and they were pretty good.
Beer was excellent and I would recommend them for their beer choices.
As we were trying to get our check, it got really busy and I did hear the waitress tell the people next to us that there was an hour wait for their food and she was really sorry and would bring them more drinks and bread. Great waitress not backed up by the kitchen staff or manager was my impression. And again management issues with the landscaping.
I know I am being picky, but it bothered me that simple things were not given attention.
Would try it again, but probably not this location.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Quick stop on the way to the train”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a great little brew pub that was on my way back to the train heading back to Boston. Enjoyed my last afternoon seeing the sights of PA and sampling my last bit of PA brews. Sat on the outside deck enjoying a sandwich and one of their famous brews. The service was great and certainly enjoyed the food and my visit to this great state. Can't wait to come back and sample more of the local flavor.

Visited June 2014
Bloomsburg
“Rating the beer and service only!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stopped by here one evening after a VERY long flight home to the Harrisburg Airport/MDT. The Lancaster Brewing Company was very close to our hotel (quite a few hotels on Eisenhower Blvd) and a fresh microbrew sounded very tempting. This is a nice place. We only had a few beers before our return to the hotel. It was a weekday night and the place was pretty busy with what appeared to be mostly local folks. The food that other's were having looked and smelled good and the service was friendly. I would definitely stop again sometime!

• Visited June 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“The best fried pickles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The best fried pickles I've ever had! Nice, wide variety on menu that accommodated everyone in our party.

Visited July 2014