“It worked for us” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 456 restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Lancaster Brewing Company (LBC), Harrisburg's hotspot for award-winning, micro-brewed beer and great tasting American cuisine. LBC exudes the rustic charm of a historic ale house, but with a clean, sophisticated, contemporary flair.
Milton WV
“It worked for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We don't know Harrisburg, and needed a place to meet the daughter and the new boyfriend for the first time. I saw that the Lancaster Brewing Company, on Eisenhower Blvd, looked promising, being near our hotel (Hampton Inn on Union Deposit Road). It was. The food was appropriate, the atmosphere comfortable and the service was pleasant. we had a good dinner, nice conversation and a good time.

Oh yeah..the boyfriend seems ok, too :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
North Carolina, USA
“Tasty Brew and burger too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Cold night on a road trip, saw this place advised in Trip advisor, wasn't too far from the Best Western downtown so cruised on over. Warm atmosphere, family friendly place, great staff, and a section with the Pub style bar and big screen if you were wanting to just eat at the bar and watch sports. The brews were very good, wife and I tried two different ones each. Food was fresh, hot & plentiful, not extraordinary, but hey, this is a brew house, not a white linen joint. Must say the burger I ate was more than enough and the Hop Hog sauce was excellent! worth the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great beer and good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were stopping through Harrisburg on our way to Pittsburgh. The beer at Lancaster Brewing Co was excellent. We had burgers-good quality meat and decent portion. Even though we didn't have them, would recommend getting the chips unless you prefer soggy oily fries. Caesar salad was fresh.

Endwell, New York
“Standout Service and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I recently dined here with my family of 6. While I enjoy trying new eateries, it can sometimes be difficult to tell if children are welcome-especially in higher end places or brewing companies. I was happy to find several other families dining when we arrived.

The atmosphere of Lancaster Brewing Company was perfect. Lights were dim, but not too dim (as I often find) With the balance of lighting, decor, and space, I would find the establishment inviting for all occasions: date night, ladies night out, large gathering, etc.

I would rate the menu selection excellent. I had a difficult time choosing my entree. However, the food itself was average. My salmon entree was beautifully presented on a rather large plate which made it seem meager. No one felt blown away by their meals. What DID taste amazing were the sauces. I had a sauce with my salmon and the sauce that accompanied the sweet potato fries was incredible!

The stand out at Lancaster Brewing Company was the service. The manager himself went above and beyond to make sure we were happy from the time we sat waiting for a large enough table until the end. What impressed me so much with this service (our waitress was also good) was how proactive and genuine it was. One might expect apologies for longer seating times and longer waits for food, but we received apologies and notices BEFORE we would think to be upset about it. Also, it felt that they were sincerely sorry and not just going through the motions of appeasing customers. I give major thumbs up for that! That alone is reason to dine there,

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Media, Pennsylvania
“Solid Brew Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Colleagues and I had a great dinner here. Tasty brews and solid pub fare to match. Don't miss the Double Chocolate Milk Stout. My Spiked BBQ Chicken pizza was also delicious. The barbeque sauce is "spiked" with Hop Hog IPA and has a nice sweet bite. The pie was generously sized and too much for me to handle in one sitting. My two tablemates were all too happy to help clean the platter. The restaurant is surprisingly big. We sat in an area that was sorta lacking in the cozy brewpub atmosphere that one looks for. Our waitress made up for that. Salty and seeming to leave no thought unspoken, she left us entertained.

• Visited November 2013