“Excellent food and unique menu” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bricco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 462 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chestnut
Description: We invite you to join us on a sensory excursion through Mediterranean and Italian flavors, a union of local Pennsylvania produce and Tuscan-style inspirations. The menu at our fine dining restaurant, prepared by Chef Jason Viscount and his talented kitchen staff, rotates seasonally to deliver rustic, soulful dishes with a culinary nod to the South of France, Italy, Greece and Spain.
Jessup, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and unique menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I always go here at least once a month for my business lunches. Great food and service and always something different on their menu's. Their brick oven pizzas are great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I have been wanting to try Bricco for a long time. Walking down 3rd street, we would always gaze through the beautiful patio doors that line the corner building and see well dressed diners enjoying the beautiful ambiance and a delicious meal. Last night, November 14th, we were finally the diners enjoying the beautiful ambiance and the delicious meals.

However, i have two complaints and let me get them out of the way. When we arrived, i had made previous reservations since my husband and i were celebrating our first anniversary. On my reservation i requested a nice "window seat" and mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary. When the host sat us, she walked five feet and sat us at the nearest booth which was by the swinging kitchen door, nor did she wish us a happy anniversary. I of course remedied this right away by asking another host if we could have a better seat because, "blah, blah, blah it's our anniversary, per our reservation". She was gracious and sat us at a better seat, but still no Happy Anniversary was mentioned:(

My other complaint was the seafood chowder which was on special. It was pea green, with only fish pieces and very bland. But other than that, from our martini's, which were perfect, to our service, to the appetizer of beets, candied walnuts and bleu cheese , everything was wonderful. My husband said the beets were the most perfect bite he ever had!! I had the swordfish special with brussels (amazing with the speck and apples) and mac n cheese. The cheese selection in the mac n cheese was the best tasting mac and cheese i ever had. My husband had the pork chops with brussels (again, amazing with the speck and apples) and the garlic mash puree.

Overall, great experience and we will go back. However, it was disappointing that no one, not even our server acknowledged our anniversary. (I don't know why i wanted that so bad, but i did) especially right before we left our server said "Happy Birthday" to another patron. Oh and i almost forgot, we had the $3.00 bittersweet chocolates filled with caramel and topped with sea salt. A fabulous final bite!!!! There were only two and they were worth a $1.50 each.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, NC
“Amateur hour at fine dining prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Passing through Harrisburg this evening from Boston, we decided to give Bricco a try, based on its #1 ranking on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate that the restaurant is a training site for a local community college culinary program, which is admirable.

But amateurs shouldn't charge professional prices.

My Flat Iron steak (one of the cheapest cuts of beef) was $29. The 8 oz. Filet is $38. Oysters on the half shell are $18 a half dozen. Cocktails are mostly $10-$12.

My steak was adequate at best, and the mushroom pizza was disappointing. The French fries I ordered with the steak had an overload of paprika and dried parsley, and the buttered spinach was salty.

I do have to say the Main Street cab (more or less the house cabernet) at $12 for a 9 oz. serving was very good.

Service was friendly and eager but amateurish, a bit like the food.

Dinner for two with tax and tip came to nearly $100.

If this is the best restaurant in Harrisburg, I can understand why the city is heading towards municipal bankruptcy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
York, Pennsylvania
“Delicioso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a special occasion so based on TA reviews we chose Bricco. Service was just fine, waitress and staff very friendly. Atmosphere okay I guess, kind of a Vegas buffet thing. Food was terrific. Highlights included the carmelized pork belly (wow) and the beef short rib. The duck cassoulet was tasty but the duck was tough. All in all a very nice dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“A very pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am in Harrisburg often and have been regularly disappointed in past meal experiences. Not at Bricco. The service, food, prices, were all spot on. Out appetizers were the Seafood Chowder- outstanding- perfect texture, seasoning, and portion size, Scallops- again excellent taste and cooked perfectly, and the Little neck clams-excellent freshness and taste. Entrees consisted of the Coho Salmon -medium and eaten to completion, the Sage papperdelle- tender and tasty, and the Dorade (whole and roasted) which while very good was just slightly fishier tasting then what I have had in the past. For Desserts we went with the small plates- Peanut Butter Truffle, Pecan Square, Bittersweet Chocolates and the Vanilla gelato. All were a perfect size and outstanding taste for the meal's end.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere