“Excellent hotel choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent hotel choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over this weekend (6-20 to 6-22) for a hershey park vacation. This hotel is clean and neatly organized. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Our room was very clean and neat. Our stay was enjoyable each day. We asked for extra towels and it was no hassle. We called to the front desk for questions concerning the breakfast each morning and it was no problem for the staff. Erin was fabulous!! She checked us in on the day of our arrival. She told us about discounted Hershey park tickets at the local grocery store. She gave us brochures on things to do while we were there in Harrisburg/Hershey. She allowed us to check in with early arrival. She called us once we were in our room to see if everything was okay and acceptable. This lady went over and beyond in my opinion. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel in is walking distance to a mall and a sheetz store. Its in a very convenient location. I will gladly come back here for my stay in Harrisburg/Hershey. Kudos to Erin and the other staff at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. The guests above us were walking all throughout the night and you c...
Green Features: The hotel is big on using your sheets and towels for more than one day, which is a good idea. They suggest to keep them for multiple days before having fresh ones put in your room. This keeps the hotel from wasting water on towels and sheets on a daily basis.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello!

Wow! Thank you for your review and for recognizing Erin, we agree that she's awesome!

Thank you so much and travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cicero, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and were pleased with our accommodations. The room was clean, which is most important to us, and hotel staff friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The pool area is small but adequate. The breakfast area is quite crowded; it almost seems like it was added as an afterthought. The location was perfect for our needs. The only negative aspect was lack of soundproofing in the walls. The sounds of guests walking and talking in the hall were very prominent. It's too bad more sound-proofing measures weren't considered during construction. Also, make sure to put the do-not-disturb sign on the door if you want to sleep later than 8:30 a.m. We forgot to do this on the last morning we were there.and were awakened 3 times by knocks on the door from maintenance and housekeeping. We would not hesitate to book at this hotel in the future and recommend it overall.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello!

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback! We appreciate you staying with us and for recommending the hotel! There is no better compliment!

Travel safe!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We recently came into town for a surprise party for my spouse. I needed economical accommodations and flexibility as I had three different families all with a different arrival and departure date. The staff of this hotel provided everything we needed and then some. It is a perfect place for families large and small alike. I am thankful and will be staying here again! The location is perfect, the room temperature was perfect, and the staff was very welcoming.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the first floor. I only have stayed here once so I dont know what the other rooms ar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for the generous review! We are glad we hit all the things you needed!

Hope the surprise party went well!

Travel safe and can't wait to welcome you back!
Columbus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My family and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Harrisburg for two nights. My son's baseball tournament is what brought us to the Harrisburg/Hershey area over the weekend. Since we never visited Hershey Park before I planned to take my daughter to the park while my son played baseball. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite upon check in. The additional space made it a much more comfortable two night stay. The suite was clean. The beds were comfortable. The location of the hotel was ideal for commuting to the baseball field and to Hershey park.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for sharing your experience at the TownePlace Suites! Looks like we were a hit :) We love that our guests can easily get to so many destinations in the Harrisburg/Hershey area from the hotel!

Hope to see you for next years tournament! Travel safe and best regards!
Delaware, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed here while on a mini vacation with friends to Harrisburg! The hotel was perfect! The staff was especially friendly and helpful. At one point when I was cooking in the rooms full kitchen, and my food started to smoke just a little.. ( and no nothing was on fire haha! just natural cooking steam) it drifted up to the smoke alarm and unfortunately set it off. Thank goodness the hotels fire alarm system is separated outs so it was only our room that made the loud sirens. Our room phone promptly rang and it was a lady from the front desk calling to ask if everything was okay. She was genuinely concerned and asked if we were not hurt. I assume this type of thing happens more than one would think as the full kitchens mean cooking. I was very pleased with how the staff reacted and they worked very hard to reset the alarm and everything went back to peace and quite. Very thankful for them being so polite about the whole situation! Another thing i liked about the hotel was the 24 hour fitness area and the pool! Both very clean and not overly crowded with people. The room itself was very clean and the bed was amazing! Very comfortable. The hotel was also located near several attractions we wanted to see and even by a mall so that gave me and my friend something to do in the evenings. Overall a very nice hotel! :)

Room Tip: Book a room on the top floor if you don't like hearing a whole lot of noise. Hotel in general is...
Green Features: Loved the fact that they were trying to be eco-friendly! Why can't all hotels be like that!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words! I am excited to see that your stay was good! And yes... you are correct... with the full kitchens in every guest room we ensure the staff promptly responds to all smoke alarm concerns. Thank you!

Travel safe, we hope to welcome you back!
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The property was great. We got upgraded to a large room suite and the room really was large! The beds were really plush and comfortable as well. There was prompt check in, and very helpful staff. The breakfast was not as great as I had expected it to be, but it was still very good! I would definitely stay here again next time I come to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the large room suite, it is a very good sized room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for the wonderful rating! We appreciate that you not only chose to stay with us but also took time to share your experience!

Our brand offers a continental breakfast, different from the complimentary hot breakfast that guests are coming to expect when they travel. Please know your comments are heard!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if I can ever be of assistance! So glad we could upgrade you also!

Best regards & travel safe,

Bobbi Carey
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Bottomline: Don't scared if you book here. For $129/night it is okay and you get the Paul Mitchell bath products. But I wouldn't rave about it the way others have on this site. I left a $15.00 tip just to be sure I'd get extra vacuuming in my room and I did. Not enough people tip housekeeping and they should! Breakfast is not much and the coffee isn't good but down the street there's a Starbucks and it's not far from downtown Harrisburg if that's where you are headed. But I didn't feel cheated by the experience. I felt safe. And it if you are on a tight budget, then you'll be just fine here and you'll be supporting their great environmental policy.

Green Features: This is a definitely plus and glad they are doing this.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking time to check in with us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you staying with us! Thank you for the generous tip for the room attendant! Did you know that even though TPS is designed for extended stay we refresh your room every day? Some extended stay hotels limit housekeeping, we visit you every day!

Should you stay with us again please "check in" with me so I can personally ensure we move that rating up!

Travel safe!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!