“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time at a TownePlace Suites, and it's pretty nice. It was well worth the short drive to Hershey to avoid the higher prices near the park during peak season. As a family of 5, getting a room with 2 Queens AND a pullout is a big plus. The room was very well appointed, with a roll-out desk that doubles as a table, and nice colours throughout.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hello! Thanks! We love the pull out part of the desk and often suggest that guests make it their own space! So glad that you did! The room that you were in is a great space... one of our larger room types! Thank you for supporting what we offer and our location! Travel safe and come and stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dayville, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The only complaint I had about this hotel is that there was no table to eat my dinner at in my room. There was a small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave & dishwasher. So even though I could cook a meal if I chose to, there was no place to eat it (except at the work desk). Other than that, this was a very nice, clean hotel with indoor pool/hot tub, exercise room, great staff & a good location. Many families stayed here because of its closeness to Hershey Park. There is a continental breakfast served, but it's only pre-wrapped muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee & juices. There are several restaurants in the area, so breakfast & dinner were never a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We appreciate your comments! You are correct, not all of the rooms offer the table and chairs. Reach out if you are with us again and I'll see what we can do!

Trave safe and thank you!
Shenandoah, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here while my son was competing in the State Games of America. Perfect for what we needed. 2 bedrooms so we didnt keep each other up. Lots of room. Friendly checkin.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing and we didnt eat there but once. Also, while my son's bedroom was on a corner, sharing walls with our living room and my bedroom so was quiet, mine backed up to the suite across the hall. Their young kids had apparently been ingesting a LOT of chocolate every night because they were literally bouncing off of our (shared) wall. Zero soundproofing. Could hear every word and move.

Pool is small as is the fitness room. Free newspapers including WSJ. Small food mart at front desk for munchies and there is a Sheetz within walking distance.

The hotel is right next to a good sized 2 story mall with a smattering of restaurants nearby. Very convenient to the confluence of I-83, I-81, I-283, allowing easy access to anywhere in the region.

It was a bit pricey and noisy, but the good way outweighed the bad.

Room Tip: Rooms away from highway have less noise. Get a top floor room to avoid footsteps
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the games and we hope they went well! We appreciate your comments!
Spring Valley, CA, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The General Manager; Bobbi Cary, is absolutely the BEST!! I had some challenges early at first, but she stepped in and rescued the matter and took it a step further. As a QCCM (Quarter Century Club Member), she was more than accommodating and went out of her way to assist me and make things right. Equally, the facility is fabulous...well maintained, clean, bright and just great. The Associates ARE the best I have come across in my travels and many years with Marriott. Given the opportunity on future visits...this is and will be my first and only choice to stay. This location is also fabulous and easy access to everything, attractions, Hershey Park, shopping malls, freeways....etc. The breakfast provided daily was "just right" to start your day.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are great and easy access to the parking lots, pool, breakfast location, lobby etc...
Green Features: Right on the money!! Lots of reminders are in the room to practice environmental safety habits.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
You are too kind, thank you for that... it was nice to read! We look forward to welcoming you back! You know we value the years of your life that you dedicated to Marriott and the loyalty you continue to show! Travel safe out there and be well!
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was a basic one. Room was clean but there were some stains on the pullout sofa. The pool looked a little dirty and my girls who never pass up a swim did this time. Breakfast was passible but lacking. I have to say that everyone who worked there was wonderful. They were personable, polite and gave great recommendations on places and things to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! I am sorry that we didn't take this stay above average for you! Your comments regarding our staff are great to hear! Fortunately, we agree and are replacing all of the sofabeds. Based on the comment regarding the pool I think I know the night you were here. We know how valuable this amenity is to our guests and I'm sorry the girls didn't get to swim. If you are in the area again please let me know! I don't know that our breakfast offerings will change, Marriott has designed ours as a Continental/Grab and Go breakfast. Keep the feedback coming though!! Thank you!
Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is reasonably clean, and the rooms are nicely decorated with a full size refrigerator, and a small stove. The hotel has a pool and is located next to a mall. Breakfast includes boiled eggs, bread, cereals, yogurt and fruit. Wall St Journal and USA Today are free at the reception area. The main problem is that the walls are thin, so you can hear sounds from the hallway and the next room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to check in on TripAdvisor and for pointing out several of our amenities! I wish I could respond better to the noise challenge. It's just sometimes true, especially during the summer season. If you visit us again let me know in advance, we have a few tricks we can try!

travel safe!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

In desperation at 11p I reached out to this property. I was folks they had a room. Fought my way across the freeway (tanker wreck for those who recall) and found peace, quiet, a very nice clean room (small studio apt) with an operable window. How this place rates lower than the Holiday Inn baffles me. I reached out to the property already and sang the praises of the staff. Pass on the Holiday Inn and stop here. The sample group clearly has low expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello!

Wow, thank you! We don't mind being the hero and I'm pleased that we could take care of you! There are a lot of hotel choices out there and we truly just want our guests to be satisfied.

Travel safe! Hope to we come you back!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!