“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
NY
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cheerful, helpful check-in staff. Very appreciated after a long travel day. Perfectly fine room- a little smaller than some other TownePlace Suites but not a big deal. Seems to be located in a business park/office area so very quiet at night. No traffic, but easy walking distance to Bass Pro Shops and a couple of restaurants. We've stayed at several Marriott properties in the Harrisburg area over the years and this one is our favorite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
How kind! Thank you! Please join us again and don't hesitate to reach out! We love to meet our returning guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had a 8 hour FE Exam in Harrisburg on October 27, and since I was more than 1:30 drive from the exam site, I decided to rent a room at the TownePlace Suites so that I would be closer to the exam site. In my request I noted that I have the exam and asked for a quite room. Upon my arrival, Britanny, acknowledged this request and told me that she put me in the quitest room in the hotel.She informed me that breakfast on Saturday starts at 7am and asked me if that is ok. I responded that my exam starts at 7:15am at which point she said, she will be more than happy to let the staff know to put the breakfast out an hour early at 6am. I was astounded at her initiative. She cared a lot about making my stay as relaxing as possible knowing what I had to go through the next day.

The room was very nice, I had the Queen Studio. You get a kitchenette with all the appliance (fridge, stove (no oven), dishwasher, sink, disposal, microwave, toaster). There is a big desk with an additional pull out desk, a nice size TV, and a superb bathroom.

My check out was just as smooth as my check in. The breakfast was in fact out at 6:00am, and Marcia, who was checking me out also made a point to wish me my best on the exam.

Overall, the staff at this hotel is purely awesome. They take the time to be personable and be pertient to your needs. If you are ever in the Harrisburg area, or have to take the FE/PE exam at HACC, you would be a fool to not stay at this wonderful hotel.

P.S. The drive from this hotel to HACC is very easy, only takes 12 minutes, plus 2 min to walk from the HACC parking lot to Wildwood Conference Center where the exam is.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
WOW! Thank you for the detailed feedback and for recognizing Brittany and Marcia. We are fortunate to have an amazing team! Thank you for choosing us! We hope to welcome you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff, Marcia & Bobbi, are super sweet & really helpful! The room is phenomenal & immaculately clean. Lots of space, great/comfy bed, & awesome location. Greatness through & through. We'll definitely come back!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
How nice! Thank you so much! We are delighted that you enjoyed your first stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travel all over the world (I'm Platinum in 2 hotel programs) and always look forward to returning to the Harrisburg-Hershey TownPlace Suites mostly because the staff goes out of their way to be accommodating, ensure my room is ready and the hotel's amenities are in place. I've stayed in fancier hotels with puffer towels but this hotel is truly world class -- they don't get more friendly than this staff. To add to the many benefits of staying here, hotel guests have unlimited privileges at a 'full-service' fitness center across the street, a real bonus at peak times. Breakfast is always great with plenty of fresh fruit. Although this was a business trip I stay here often with my family who also enjoy the Harrisburg-Hershey TownPlace Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much! Can't ask for more than positive feedback for the staff but yet it's there!
Thank you!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is relatively new, and was pretty clean. The front desk service was friendly and efficient. But there were some things that left a little to be desired. Our tv only got a handful of network channels -- which was a little frustrating since I had at least hoped to watch a little of one of the baseball playoff games. The front desk person did come up and try to figure it out and promised to call Comcast, but I guess Comcast could not fix the problem. The treadmill in the fitness center was broken as well, so exercise was out. The room itself was fairly clean, except for the dirty towel halfway in the freezer and halfway in the refrigerator (!). There was no ice bucket but the front desk attendant did get one for me and even brought ice to the room. Breakfast was good - it was what is promised by Towneplace Suites and everything was stocked well. All in all, it was adequate but I was disappointed.

Room Tip: Lots of youth sports there - but if you make sure to ask they can try to get you away from it. They...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate that you communicated to us while at the hotel and gave us the opportunity to correct the challenges. We are working with Comcast and our media installer to fix the channel issue and the fitness center equipment was repaired Monday. I am baffled by the towel and will be speaking with the team to determine what that was doing there.

My apologies for the less than perfect stay. Should you choose to stay with us again please reach out to me so I can personally ensure your room is perfect! You are welcome to contact me at any time!

Regards,
Bobbi Carey
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A group of us 4 adults and 2 kids recently stayed in the 2 room suite at this hotel while visiting Hershey. The room is big and clean with a nice layout. The kitchen is a good size. The regular sized dinner room table and chairs is a good edition. My only wish was for 2 bathrooms instead of 1. The breakfast was satisfactory and plentiful. The one small drawback is it’s farther away from Hershey than the hotel says but we didn’t mind because the room exceeded our expectations. I’d never stayed at a TownePlace Suites but will now seek them out when traveling.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much! We are happy you discovered us! I apologize if we miscommunicated our distance to Hershey. We usually quote approximatey 10 miles to Hershey depending on your exact destination. We can't wait to welcome you back!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great hotel, fairly new with a basic continental breakfast included. Stayed here while in town for Farm Aid...staff was very accommodating and the hotel was very clean and convenient for Hershey even though it's basically in Harrisburg. We'd definitely go come back here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We were fortunate to host several Farm Aid attendees and appreciate your positive feedback! We are happy that everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend! Hope to see you again next time!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!