“Nice picture but not the same place.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   631 South Eisenhower Blvd., Building B, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Ranked #48 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Suffolk, Virginia
“Nice picture but not the same place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Check in was pleasant; However if you want a clean, place to stay please avoid. Beds were fine though. I could not quite make out which musty smell hit me first once the door was opened. Shower did not drain properly but I was entertained by the wrinkling of the bottom of the tub as it filled up to my ankles. So where did that long hair come from in the towels? Hmmm those tiles were dirty and needed replacing years ago. I guess the owner is limiting upkeep overhead in this one.

Room Tip: Hampton Inn may be better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
elysaght, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your candid view and recent stay at the Rodeway Inn. On behalf of the owners and manager of the hotel, they apologize for the condition in which you found your room. The Rodeway Inn attempts to pride itself in being the cheapest and the cleanest of the cheapest hotels in Harrisburg. I did again delete the photography that somehow keeps being uploaded to the tripadvisor website. Hopefully very soon we will have accurate pictures of the property. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you choose us if you are in need of a very economical pet friendly hotel choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night after leaving Gettysburg, PA. Price was $59. Room was clean, fresh linens, hot shower and working TV. They also offered coffee and donuts in the morning for free in the office. If you need a place to catch some sleep that won't break your budget, this is it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
elysaght, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you very much for stay with us at the Rodeway Inn! I am glad you found it comfortable and cheap! Stop by anytime!
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My nephew and I booked a room online for the Roadway Inn. I read mixed reviews but gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes reviews can be unfairly harsh and I have been pretty lucky in terms of weeding out the good from the bad. We pulled in at around 10:00 PM and felt little hesitant as we pulled in to the driveway but looks can be deceiving. We checked in and the gentleman behind the desk was very pleasant and friendly. It was all downhill from there. As we opened the door we noticed a foul odor. It was a non-smoking room but it smelled very badly. As I walked through the room I glanced around to be sure that there wasn't a corpse rotting in a corner somewhere. The room was dated; the colors screamed 1970's and the room was dimly lit. Perhaps that was for the best as it made it more difficult to see the dirty mirror and the imperfections around the room. The bathroom was more than dated; it was covered by yellow tile that looked very much like my grandmother's house did in the 1970's. Some tiles were cracked and there were spots patched with concrete where a towel rack once was attached.

The bathtub was filthy; I ran a wash cloth along the bottom and it came out black. We also
found a hair that was around 12 or 13 inches long; since my nephew and I have hair that is perhaps a fraction of an inch, I know that it didn't come from us. There was a gap between the bathtub and the sink cabinet that was filled with hair, dust, and dirt. It's possible that the chunk that was missing from the wood cabinet was buried down there as well. The key feature of the bathroom was the rocking toilet. I figured that this must serve as a rocking chair/toilet combination; two fixtures in one.

I spoke with a lady in our neighboring room on the way out; she told me stories of her room that were hauntingly similar to ours. The people here are quite nice and the beds are comfortable; just don't expect anything more than a comfortable bed to sleep on and keep your expectations low... very low. I'm not all that picky but when it comes to Harrisburg, I'd say no to the Roadway Inn the next time around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My friends and I stayed here one night after spending the day in Hershey Park. The only thing that it is good for is that place to stay. My room had an old car freshener hanging on the light to mask a funky smell. The bathtub had hair in it. Luckily, no bed bugs. The picture that is shown up above is not what it looks like at all. That hotel is the Sleep Inn, which is right next door. We were so excited thinking we were going to be staying in that, instead we got a cheap motel. The price we booked the room for, was not what was on the bill. We had to argue into getting the price back to what was on the paper. I guess what can you expect for a cheap nights stay? You get what you pay for, although I don't think that it was even worth the nightly price to tell you the truth. The continental breakfast had stale food. The card entry didn't even work well. I had to go back to the office to get another key since I couldn't even get back into my own room! Not a good place to stay. There is no swimming pool.....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was driving back from Philadelphia on business, when I got tired. All I really needed was a bed, and didn't feel like paying a lot of money. So, Rodeway Inn did the job. The room was clean, but felt old. The faucet in the bathroom didn't directly aim into the drain. But I didn't have to pay much to get well-rested for the trip back to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: This is one of those hotels where you don't have a hallway. Your room faces the outside. So if s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
elysaght, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for pulling into our parking lot to get a decent room at a cheap rate. We do hope that we saved you some money so that you may use it for much more important things! Please don't hesitate to drop in at anytime!
Yours in hospitality,
Erin Lysaght
Flanders, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I needed a place to sleep over-night for the Hershey Antique Car meet. This motel definitely filled the bill. They got all the basics right.. clean, comfortable bed, big room. My room overlooked the police parking lot, but it was reasonably quiet. Not the place I would recommend for a family vacation, but if you need just an overnight stop, this place will suffice. The bathroom was tiny, but the sink was outside the bathroom. The breakfast was also minimalist- some cereal, coffee, english muffin, danish, etc. Only two chairs and small table in breakfast area (but both mornings I got a seat). For the price, this was a good deal. Internet connection was iffy, worked OK one night, not the other. The place appeared to be full both nights I was there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lebanon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

First, get this straight - this is a cheap hotel. You remember, the kind you drive your car up to the sidewalk, and the door is a few feet from your car trunk. But, for $61 (including taxes) it is hard to beat. It was clean, the bed was soft, and we (luck of draw) had a room (142) on end that had only one bed in a room designed for two - so it looked spacious. Location is good - typical right off highway, but right next to places charging more. Go ahead, lower yourself and spend the savings on a nice dinner.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!