“Adequate - but very unfriendly assistance” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Greenville, SC
“Adequate - but very unfriendly assistance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here overnight before departing for Hersheypark. I had booked a room through Priceline and when requesting a room with 2 beds, the woman on the phone was quite nasty. Checking in the gentleman at the front desk did try to find us a room but couldn't. We brought in air mattresses and the room was quite large. Breakfast was very good, easy to fill up on lots of different items.

The hotel is 10+ miles from Hersheypark. I wouldn't have chosen this location had I known how far away. But Walmart is on the way back into town and helpful for some better priced t-shirts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fairfield H, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

CORINNE FLEMMING
Director of Sales
Fairfield Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
corinne.e.flemming@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We decided to go to Hershey for the long weekend. I wanted to book the Fairfield Inn closer to Hershey and booked this hotel by mistake. I am so happy that I did that mistake. It saved me money and we really enjoyed our stay. Two days before the trip I noticed the mistake and read the reviews and I was so worried. Don't worry! This hotel is really clean and quiet. I think the hotel was almost full, but it was so quiet that one day we slept until 10 am and missed the breakfast! Usually in hotels I wake up by sound of doors or house-keeping, but not here. The beds were comfortable enough and the bathroom was really clean.
The highlight of the stay was the staff. Super kind and helpful! They all had smile and greeted us every time we passed them. We watched one of the World Cup soccer games in the lobby and had a nice interaction with the staff.
Free breakfast was good and they tried really hard to full it continuously. They opened the meeting room, so there were enough sitting space during the breakfast.
The most interesting thing about this hotel is the available TV channels! Unbelievable! One afternoon we stayed in our room and watched two movies! I think they have more than 300 channels!

The internet was so slow (maybe because the hotel was full) and the hotel has just one small elevator which was slow. Other than that, it was a great stay. 7 minutes drive to downtown Harrisburg (check out the Capitol Building, incredible) and 15 minutes to Hershey's attraction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

When planning to visit Hersheypark, there are many hotels in the Harrisburg-Hershey-Carlisle area to choose from. It may have something to do with Harrisburg being the state capital, but I digress. The Fairfield Inn was conveniently located, and had plenty of restaurants nearby. it is convenient to the PA Turnpike, and of course, Hersheypark. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was fulfilling and delicious. I loved the warm water of the indoor swimming pool, and the hot tub. Yes, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're going to Hersheypark, or to the Harrisburg state capitol building to protest our state...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vienna, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel was comfortable, clean and quiet -- despite the fact that there were young participants in a basketball tournament staying there. That scared me after having chaperoned such trips in the past. They can get noisy. :) It turned out to be a fine place to spend a night.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Freshly made scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, muffins and other breads. Only real complaint regarding that was that the breakfast area was packed. A second room was opened by the attendant, but sort of late for me.

Room Tip: There is a patio outside the pool area is in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fairfield H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your input and sorry for your disappointment. We strive to make each and every guest's stay a pleasure experience. We understand through the summer months our breakfast area does get busy. Please allow us to accommodate you in the future.

Sincerely, Barry Kidd, VP of hotels
Farmingdale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed for only one night but it was really wonderful. Very quiet, easy to get to from the PA Turnpike, incredibly friendly staff, and a very comfortable/clean room. Would absolutely stay there again the next time we are in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Freehold, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked the Fairfield Inn on Marriott's web site and was very pleased with the quality of the property. We only stayed one night while visiting family in the area so we didn't get to take advantage of all the available amenities. However, our room was clean and bright. The room was a good size with a king bed and plenty of space. The bathroom was also good sized and everything was clean and in good working order.
This hotel also represented a good value as it is not far from the Hershey attractions and is priced much less than other area hotels. It is a good value for families as breakfast is included. We were there in mid-November and the indoor pool was closed for renovation, but I believe work will be completed soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We are currently undergoing renovations and will be completed soon. We are looking forward to converting to Fairfield Inn & Suites with a fresh new look in the lobby, breakfast area and guests rooms.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I got in late and left early. I cant really do this one much justice other than say, it served its purpose.

The staff was friendly upon arrival and got me on the first floor as requested. The room was a room. Not cramped, not overly big. Again, it served its purpose. The internet worked fine and the CATV had more than enough channels. The Heater worked and was quiet....it snow fluuried, I needed heat.

the breakfast was hot and good........like I said, I cant say i disliked the place, it served its purpose and there really wasnt enough time to like/dislike it. I came, I went

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!