“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here...it was in a good location (only about 15 minutes to get to Hershey and 50 minutes to get to Gettysburg). It was for the most part very clean. The bed was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing, lots of choices! The only complaint is that our room had a few stains on the carpet....wasn't sure what that was about. We got a good deal on our rooms. Overall, a good stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Westwood, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Let me start of by saying I am a gold member of the Marriott rewards program. They are my preferred choice. When entering the lobby I was hit with the pool smell right away. I booked this place for a long weekend at Hershetpark with the family, using my reward points. (now I know why it cost so few points!) I know this is a Fairfield and not a Courtyard or full blown Marriott, but it just seems below Marriott's standards. When I booked the hotel they failed to mention the pool was not functioning. (hey how about a call to let me know?!?). They offered the health club across the parking lot to us...oh and only from 1 to 6. Just really feel let down by this place, and by Marriott. Beds are doubles and not queens. Don't get the in room cups wet or the blue ink will run all over your hands. Road noise from Rt83 is loud even though we're not "right on" the highway. Three towels for four people, even though my profile asks for extras...and no in room refrigerator. Window air conditioners that blow the blinds up and away from the window. Continental breakfast had only yogurt as a healthy option...everything is processed. Coffee was good, and guy who was working the breakfast area kept it very clean.

• Stayed May 2012
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The rooms are not fully renovated the carpet was musty there was a stain on the bathroom wall. The positives, their staff are professional and courteous, the bathroom shower worked great and the breakfast area was new and well stocked with tasty items.

Room Tip: Check the rooms first
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just returned from a trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. We stayed at the Fairfield because the hotel I wanted was booked. The rooms were very clean and spacious enough. However, I was informed via phone and Internet that our room would have a mini refrig and microwave. Neither was evident. As we were traveling with our 3 year old, the refrig was a necessity. I notified the front desk and was informed that they were booked and I didn't 'request' a room with a refrig. They wouldn't be able to get us a refrig until after noon the next day, but I could store any milk in their employee refrig. Unacceptable. For $160 + a night the room should come standard with at least a mini refrig.

Suffice it to say, I will not stay here again, even though it was very clean. I would only recommend it if there are no other accommodations available.

Additionally, the bagels and doughnuts served for breakfast were stale. Yogurts were fresh thankfully and there was fruit available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn Harrisburg Hershey while attending the Harrisburg Christmas and Gift Show. I was traveling alone and found the hotel to be very easy to find and centrally located. It took less than 10 minutes to get to the Christmas Show and only 15 minutes to the Hershey Outlets. My room was very clean with a comfortable king size bed. The free breakfast was what you would expect....nothing special. My highest praise goes to the front desk staff for their customer service. If I needed something, they took care of it immediately. I needed directions to several places and they already had directions typed up and ready to hand out. They were very, very friendly and eager to help.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Shade Gap, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

Very clean new hotel . Excellent location close to restaurants & hospital . Would highly recommend . Only would like to have a frig in room .

• Stayed November 2011
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We were part of a group of people staying at this property during the Thanksgiving weekend. In addition to receiving a preferred room rate, the entire staff couldn't have been more accomodating.

The continental breakfast was second to none. In addition, a large bowel of fresh fruit was always available in the lobby.

The children had a great time in the pool.

Thank You All !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!