“Very quiet, best I've slept in a hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)

You added Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4230 Union Deposit Road, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pittsburgh
“Very quiet, best I've slept in a hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Overall, this was a fine place to stay. They were under construction but I approve of any hotel that makes upgrades. The rooms were already completed and done quit well. Cozy and not spacious, everything was clean and felt updated. Located in an area with abundant shopping and food choices

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Mjpgh,

Thank you for the compliment of receiving the best night sleep at a hotel and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front Desk greeted me as returning honor member. Needed an additional room which was provided at an excellent rate. Front area is undergoing renovations but they had excellent breakfast choices. Room was a small suite but very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear thepearl8,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Harrisburg. Your feedback is very important to us and thank you for being a Hilton Honors member. I am very happy to hear that you were able to get the additional room you needed at a excellent rate and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast. Look forward to seeing you again!
Jackson, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed over night during Hershey Park in the dark. Check-in was ultra fast and there were multiple front desk employees taking care of everything; even at 10:30PM. The coffee was readily available and fresh. There are renovations going on which didn't interfere with our stay whatsoever. The pool is outdoor and was closed (obviously). Our room was clean, the king bed was large and comfortable, the water had good pressure and was hot, and the free breakfast was great. I was given a room on the top floor away from elevators based on my Hilton Honors preferred room settings without a problem. No complaints. Good Hampton. At $90 for a King Bed study room, this is en excellent value all around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is close to Hershey Park, Chocolate World and Hershey Center. The amenities are little and the pool was closed when we were there. They are under renovations to upgrade the hotel. Just finished remodeling our room and looked very nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice even had hot oatmeal, not the instant kind you usually get. Fresh fruit along with pieces of fruit. Only negative is that the tables for people to have breakfast was right behind the computers to use for the internet and are located right inside the doors, so no privacy at all. Overall it was what I have come to find at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UDHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Tere K,

Thank you so much for nice comments and seating is only temporary due to renovation of breakfast area that will be so much nicer soon. We look forward to seeing you again!
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Been here numerous times. Hampton Inn is always clean and has very good breakfast included. Front desk was not friendly this time and did not even welcome me as a Hilton Honors Member or returning...However location is ideal so I probably will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
UDHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Cvandenbraak,

Thank you so much for your continuous business. I sincerely apologize on this return visit to our property you were not acknowledged as a Hilton Honors member as we want every guest to feel that our hotel is their home away from home and that their satisfaction is our guarantee that we proudly stand on. I look forward to have you stay with us again!
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns all the time. This was probably one of the lower end ones. It was a good location between the venue for the concert my friends and I were attending and downtown Harrisburg. The beds seemed small for a double but were comfortable. There was one window with a pull shade rather than those halfway faux curtain details and it blocked all the inside light which is exactly what we wanted. If you read any of my other reviews, I use the room for bathing and sleeping. Nothing more really. Oh! There was a disgusting dirty sock left on the floor behind the bedskirt. I can understand dirt behind the bed or dust on the crown molding. But this was a whole sock. Who misses a whole sock? Plus the extra blanket in the bag in the wardrobe had crusty looking stains all over it. I wonder if they wash them...The size of the bathroom is good and the water pressure is just fine.

Free breakfast is always good at the Hampton Inn. You really can't complain when you get a FREE hot breakfast. The breakfast area seats maybe 15-20 so if it's a full house, just take your breakfast to go.

Plenty of parking. Also, the hotel is now going under renovations.

It's actually a really great price for what I needed/wanted. To be between Hershey and Harrisburg. Unfortunately, they lost a star due to the dirty sock and stained extra blanket in the wardrobe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Abernathy5,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. We are having some updates to our property to better accomodate our guests including our lobby breakfast area. I sincerely apologize for the for the sock found and blanket, as this absolutely is not the service or reputation we want or offer at our property and this concern has been addressed. I was happy to hear that we were a convenient location to the venue you were attending. I really hope the concert was great and you had a great time with visiting our downtown area. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you and get the chance to comeback to enjoy are new updates.
Nassau County, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I went to attend my son's soccer tournament... having said that... the hotel was fine. It's about a 25 minute drive from Hershey Park. The room was clean. It has wifi. The "hot" breakfast left a lot to be desired... we all opted for Dunkin' Donuts instead. The dining area was extremely small and with a sold out night it was SRO and a bit of chaos in the lobby area as most of us tried to balance our coffee cup and bags. It was easy enough to get to (just off of the hwy). So as I said... it was "just fine."

Room Tip: Request a high floor and facing the rear if you want it somewhat quieter than the rest.