“Overnight stay near Hershey PA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE

You added Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7744 Linglestown Road, Hershey Area, Harrisburg, PA 17112   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Kansas
“Overnight stay near Hershey PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Really nice hotel. Off the highway. Somewhat unique. You park in the back of e complex. Just the entry in the front. Hotel is clean and staff was friendly. Got the room for 109 a night. Room was really awesome. Very modern. Loved the layout. Fridge. Freezer and Microwave. Internet worked great. They do have a food pantry. Prices are very high. Quiet nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast to start off the day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good day ssheilmn!

I just wanted to thank you for the nice things you said about our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE. The staff takes great pride in our hotel and I am delighted to hear that it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels lead you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Thanks
Anthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on Sunday 6/22 and was put into a king, Jacuzzi suite on the 3rd floor toward the back. Nice room, a little worn, but no internet service. After unpacking all of my belongings and then calling and complaining, they moved me all the way down the hall to room 330. After getting settled once again, I discovered that this room also had no internet service. I called again and they said they would reset the router. I then went to dinner hoping internet service would be back in the AM.

I woke up and tried to use the internet once again - no luck. I then went into the lobby hoping it would be a signal problem, but again no luck. I told the front desk person that 5 other people could not connect last evening and also complained, but the front desk person then shoves a phone to me and told me to speak to their internet service provider as if it was my computer's issue. Mind you I went out to dinner and connected perfectly as I did in 100's of places except for here. After being on the phone with their internet provider for about 15 minutes the issue was not resolved and they seemed stumped. I then tried to have breakfast and concentrate on a business presentation but there were hoards of screaming kids, other groups, etc.

I then went up to the front desk person and told them "this is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at." She didn't think I saw her, but she scowled at me when I partially turned away. Instead of staying 2 nights, I checked out immediately and headed to the Holiday Inn Grantville and was glad I did (see my review on this place).

Bottom line: If you are on vacation or are not professional (on the job), this might be a good place to stay. Business professionals better beware - this might not be the place for you to get work done or to have quiet time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Greetings STEBAY711!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE. Me and the associates at the hotel is sadden to hear that your most recent stay at the hotel was not a perfect one, mainly because of the issues you had with the internet.

We are currently investigated why our guest internet provider, Active Networks, why the issue had occured while you were staying with to ensure that it does not occur again. As you can see from previous reviews of our hotel, this has not been an issue for us in the past.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope that you will give us a second chance when your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 7/4/12: this is a relatively new hotel and is very well done. It appears the the owners had an eye for details and a vision of what a well done hotel should be like. The outside and inside design is pretty much a cut above most Holiday Inns that I have stayed at. My first and second choice hotels were full with not reservations and 12 hours on the road my wife suggested we stay there. Awesome choice beds were very comfortable rooms and hotel were spotless. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This will be my first choice moving forward when I am in the area and recommend you give it a try.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings BABernier!

On behalf of our team at the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we now set your standard on what to expect at Holiday Inn Express around the world!

Our team takes great pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows. Should you be back in the Hershey/Harrisburg area, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Your friend Anthony
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is really modern. The rooms are amazing. We had 2 kings. The sink is out side the bathroom. Which is great . 2 people can get ready faster!! It is the most modern design I have seen in a Holiday Inn express. Rooms were quiet. Breakfast was great. Internet was fast. Parking free. Perfect for a great nights rest!! The rooms are really high tech and cool. Loved the design! We were very Impressed! Every thing was perfect!

Room Tip: King suite is really nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Howdy Kersten H!

Thank you for writing such a nice review about the Holiday Inn Express Harrrisburg NE and letting the world know how great your stay was and how tech savvy our rooms are.

We take great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our area and our hotel.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights on business, the location was great proximity to the office. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable with a great walk in shower. The room was quiet no noise from hi ways or other disturbances. The breakfast was excellent compared to other hotels that I've stayed at. Only issue was the gym was small and limited. I would definite stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi Cameron J

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE. We are glad you enjouyed your stay and I am delighted that our staff and our hotel anticipated your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Your friend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting Hershey Park. We were so happy that this hotel was very close to the park after a long day. The front desk staff was very helpful upon check-in. Our room was very clean and the breakfast selection was great in the morning. My only complaint was that because the hotel was very busy we did have to wait a little bit to get some of the breakfast items.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Good Day travel 05_10!

On behalf of the associates at the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We take great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property very soon.

Your friend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked the room on my smart phone app 10 minutes before arriving. The check-in was flawless, the front desk clerk was helpful (she spoke clearly and without mumbling the repetitive instructions given each guest), and the property looked amazingly fresh outside and in. They obviously have an excellent grounds maintenance crew and spare no expense maintaining a freshly painted look. I only wish there were a greater variety of restaurants nearby. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: I was at the far end of the hall on the first floor and it was quiet. I did not hear footsteps from...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Greeting DeebsReview!

Thanks DeebsReview, for telling the world how great your stay was at the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE. We are glad it shows how much pride our staff takes in our property and how great your stay was.

Anthony :-)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE? Share your experiences!