“Quick Stay but would go again!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Quick Stay but would go again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I moved the other night and the movers told me that they would be still unloading after midnight and since I had to be up at 4am, I quickly decided on a hotel. I went to one in the area and drove right on by since it looked pretty sketchy. I drove up to this hotel and it was nicely kept on the outside and nicely lit, making me feel safe. It was late and I was exhausted, the check in was quick and simple and I was glad to be in a room. I planned on going straight to sleep but when I saw the HUGE bathroom, I knew a long hot shower was in order. I was not disappointed :) The bed was very soft, something I am not a big fan of but I was so tired I quickly dropped off to sleep. The room was spotless, even a mint and a note from housekeeping to enjoy my stay. I was only there a total of 6 hours and the only negative I can think of was the cost. I was surprised at the cost of a 1 night stay, especially for the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
York PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Check-in was easy and smooth, room was ready on time.Was on 3rd floor and it smelled like smoke, or smelled like they were trying to cover it up. Room was clean, two beds like I wanted. Hotel has great location. Right beside texas roadhouse, and walking distance to Arooga's. Any other attractions in Hanover can easily be reach from this property. Hotel breakfast was good, dining area was clean and comfortable. No complaints from really. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the kind words. Our 3rd floor does have smoking rooms on the south end as well as non-smoking on the north end. Should you stay with us again, ask to be assigned to the first or second floor to avoid being near one of these smoking rooms. We look forward to serving you again.
COLLEGE STATION TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just got back from a 44 night stay at the HI Express in Hanover. Perfect Location for getting Gettysburg (20 Min), York (20 Min) and Lancaster County (45 Min) without having to pay higher prices in these tourist destinations.
There are numerous restuarants within walking distance. Bay City Seafood is top of the list and Texas Roadhouse is quite good. Make sure you get discount tickets from front desk
The staff is the main reason I will return. Izzie, Stephanie and Vani were always smiling and welcoming. From the moment I made the reservation on the phone with Izzie, to check in with Stepanie and check out with Vani Ifelt like I was at home. House Keeping girls, Kim and Elizabeth left daily notes in the room wishing me "Good Day" and I have never seen this before. Was a pleasant surprise.
I have already made my reservations for next years trip.
MIKE

Room Tip: Make sure you get a discount card from the front desk to one of the area restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make all our guests feel at home here at our hotel. Your kind comments show that we were successful with you. We hope we can be of service to you again . Thank you.
Outer Banks, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Good sized room. Comfortable bed and plenty of pillows. Good coffee and good breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient location close to Gettysburg. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at our our hotel during your recent visit to the Hanover area. We are glad that our accommodations met your needs. We treat our guests as friends; we want your stay to be comfortable. I hope we can serve you again on your return to our area.
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very clean, Great staff, excellent complimentery breakfast!! Would definitely stay here again.Surrounded by great restaurants--Ruby Tuesdays and Texas Steakhouse practically in the parking lot!
Front desk staff -very knowledgeable were to get Diesel Fuel near hotel and about some of the sites we asked about.
Rooms had a small microwave, coffee maker, and small refrig. --so nice and convienant for morning coffee and snacks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We appreciate your glowing review of our hotel. I'm glad we met your expectations on your recent visit. Our staff enjoys helping our guests with what ever they may need. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here very much. Room was spacious and clean. No problem at all for wheelchair accessibility.

Special shout-out for very polite and helpful staff. We needed a place to have a family gathering (20+ people). The staff were kind enough to let us use the dining area, which is normally only used during breakfast. We had pizza delivered and had plenty of space in a nice setting.

Only negative was some odor in the hallway. Might have been cleaning supplies. Some people with sensitivities about perfumes and such might be bothered. Or maybe it was just a passing thing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We were very happy to be able to accommodate you and your family on your recent visit to Hanover. We pride ourselves in providing a warm comfortable feeling at our hotel. I'm glad we were successful with your family. Please come stay with us again. Thank you!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here recently during a visit to Gettysburg. The place is about 20 miles from Gettysburg visitor's center, but we were so happy we decided to stay here. I got a call from the front desk staff earlier during the day about my stay. Our room was ready when we checked in. The hotel is very secure as you need you room key to get in after 9 pm. Early morning, a hot breakfast is served, which is above average. The hotel does not have a pool. There are several restaurants around and a target close by. One thing I was amazed was that all staff were extremely polite and helpful. We would stay here again. Hershey is a bit more far, but doable, given the hotels close to Hershey park will be way more expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff enjoys making our guests feel both comfortable and welcome. If you're in our area again, we will be happy to tend to your needs. On behalf of all my staff, I thank you!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hanover? Share your experiences!