“Ok in a pinch - priced right” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Monroe Heights Hotel

Save Saved
You added Monroe Heights Hotel to your Saves list
Monroe Heights Hotel
2049 Leesburg Grove City Road, Grove City, PA 16127 (Formerly Microtel Grove City)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Grove City
Barrie, Canada
“Ok in a pinch - priced right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We came across this hotel on a road trip on the way home from Florida. Poor planning on our part meant we were driving through the shopping Mecca of Grove City on Labour day weekend. All of our usual choices (Hampton, Holiday Inn) were full and we were directed to this hotel. We paid $87 all in, which for a holiday weekend was fair for what we got. The rooms look like a slightly larger version of a university residence room. The entire back wall was mirrored to make the room look larger, but I personally found it quite disconcerting. The carpet and upholstery was quite stained and the towels and sheets looked as though they had met with an unfortunate bleaching accident (threadbare in the strangest spotty pattern). At least that reassured me that the towells and sheets were clean :) Beds are queen sized and comfortable.
Overall, if looking for a bargain or your usuals are sold out, it wasn't bad. Just don't expect a Hampton type quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent nearly a week here with my dog. They were very accommodating. Many of the staff, including Tracy, went out of their way to make my stay a great one! Thank you Tracy, Jen, and everyone else that made us feel very welcome!

Room Tip: I had a room with a fridge and a microwave which made my stay great. I have many food allergies and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mound, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been here for a week for a fireworks convention Our room was fine, clean nice bathroom, comfortable beds, friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast is fruit, cereal, pastries, juice ... what you would expect. We ( a party of 4) found it good enough. I would stay here again. Our only complaint would be about the internet service which is not always great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was big, but everything was outdated.there was old rugs, the showers were old looking and the furniture was torn. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The staff was nice though. The sign and all items were showing microtel, but they are monroe heights hotel. What a misleading

Room Tip: There is no good room to choose from
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Parry Sound, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times although I always thought it was a lower end motel of the chain. Although nothing was said when I was booking the room, when I gave them my Wyndams card the receptionist said, "Oh we're not with them anymore, we,re independent and will operate as Munroe Heights Hotel as soon as we get the sign!"
Frankly, its not worth the money since they are charging the same rate as when they were formally a Microtel location. I suspect they don't meet the required standards of the brand but I felt somewhat cheated that it is still signed as a Microtel. The singlr rooms are very small with no in-room coffee maker and generally the place looks like it needs renovating. I won't stay there anymore on my travels.

Room Tip: Try one of the other hotels in the area - I intend to next time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

2am, December 1st. A stranger opened our room door with a hotel key/card. I was terrified. I jumped out of bed and ran to the door, slamming it shut. We had a room FULL of Christmas gifts. I didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night. In the morning we asked to speak to the manager. We explained to him what had happened. He said he'd look into it while we had breakfast. Afterwards, we went back up the counter, the manager was no where to be found. The front desk receptionist said they called the owner and he said there was a computer glitch and that he'd give us 10% off of our room. 10%!!! I could've had more peace of mind sleeping in my vehicle. The whole point to bringing all of our gifts/purchases from the outlet mall into our room was because there's a sign in the parking lot saying they are not responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicles...I had no idea they were giving out keys to our room. What if that person had tried to enter our room while we were out to dinner? They could've walked right in and taken everything. I explained to the front desk staff that if my children had been in that room, or my husband had woken up before me, someone would've gotten hurt. Apparently it wasn't a big deal to the staff. We were also approached by other guests who had overheard us and they said they had a daughter who stayed here a couple of months ago and the same thing happened to her. I will never stay here again. The owner does not care about customer service or repeat business. I can't think of a bigger concern for people staying in hotels than to have someone walk into your room at night while you are sleeping, but the owner and staff acted like it was nothing. TV is old and huge, carpet is FILTHY.

Room Tip: Rooms at one of the dozens of hotels down the road are way better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Monroe Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!