“Not that great...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Monroe Heights Hotel

You added Monroe Heights Hotel to your Saves list
Monroe Heights Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2049 Leesburg Grove City Road, Grove City, PA 16127 (Formerly Microtel Grove City)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grove City
St. Marys, West Virginia
“Not that great...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

After reading the TripAdvisor reviews for the Microtel, I thought I would be staying at a pretty decent place. Too bad they didn't live up to the reviews.
When we arrived to check in, the staff was less than friendly. The lady checking me in barely said a word to me other than asking me whether I would be paying with cash or credit. I had my infant son with me and had requested a crib for the room when I made my reservation. I asked the lady at check in if it would be in the room and she told me no, that I had to get it myself and pointed to a room down a hallway. Mind you, I had my infant son in my arms along with some luggage. I walked down the hallway and looked into a room that looked like the area where the staff did the laundry and such. There was another lady in the room, so I asked her about getting a crib. She brought one out and thankfully she asked me if I needed help carrying it. Once we got the crib (pack and play) to the room, it would not set up. I called the front desk and the rude lady from earlier answered. I let her know that this crib would not work and that we would need another. There was a long, silent pause. Finally she said someone would bring one up. When another was brought up to the room, the lady was rude again.
The room was okay. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but I was expecting something clean. We had adjoining rooms which both had bathrooms and both were dirty. One had hair and cheerios on the floor and the other had a cigarette butt in the toliet. Don't you think that if the bathrooms were cleaned that someone would have seen these things? Needless to say, I was very disappointed in my stay at Microtel and wish I would have picked one of the other hotels near the outlet.

• Liked — Close to Grove City Outlets
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

We stayed for one night at this hotel while shopping at the outlet mall in Grove City. It is a very nice hotel with a good, but simple, breakfast bar in the morning. Nothing outstanding but nice place to rest ones head. The other reviews commented on the noise level, which I have to agree with but didn't affect my stay.

While there we drove 5 minutes down the road to eat at Rachael's Road House Restaurant (turn left out the drive way of the hotel, then right at T-intersection). The meal and the ambiance was excellent, will go back again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
DeKalb, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

Very comfortable and clean. As good of a place to stay as I'd ever want. First rate!!!

• Liked — Very nice rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — It was raining like a hurricane when we got there
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Stayed here for two nights..The staff is friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was above average. Room was clean and comfortable. Bedding was fresh and pillows are comfy! It's a bit noisy but other than that I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Liked — cleaniness
  • Disliked — a bit noisy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Welland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

I have mixed reviews about this hotel. Although it is a brand new hotel, very clean, friendly staff and an above average continental breakfast, I have some major complaints.
The hotel is VERY noisy, the walls are paper thin so getting a good nights sleep is not in the cards. The rooms are quite small, especially the rooms with a single queen/king bed, I recommend spending the extra money for a suite at least you are able to walk into the room without bumping into the bed. The heat/air conditioner is very loud startling me everytime it turned on during the night. The bed is very very soft, (which I dont prefer) so I was quite uncomfortable. And last but not least make sure you are the first person to take a shower in your room because there is a lack of hot water, 3 people stayed in our room and only 1 was able to enjoy a warm shower the others literally had to jump in and out because it was cold.
I know it's cheap and you shouldnt expect much but the basics are a must for me and this hotel didnt cut it. If there were no other properties available in the area I would stay again but Its not my first choice.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Noisy establishment, lack of hot water, very small rooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

This hotel is new, clean and well-maintained. Breakfast is above average, especially considering the low room rates. I'd stay there again.

Stayed October 2007
Guelph, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

Great new hotel. Very clean and tidy. Perfect for a weekend shopping/golf getaway. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Liked — New and clean. Breakfast.
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Monroe Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!