“Reservation online unavailable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monroe Heights Hotel

You added Monroe Heights Hotel to your Saves list
Monroe Heights Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2049 Leesburg Grove City Road, Grove City, PA 16127 (Formerly Microtel Grove City)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grove City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Microtel 2 nights Oct 21 and Oct 22 since we were shopping at the outlet mall. We've stayed here before and it has been a "hit"; but this time it was a definite "miss". Things started out well when we arrived on Sunday - the staff are friendly. Monday's breakfast was okay - coffee is horrible but you can go elsewhere. However, Monday late afternoon there was no hot water - the staff claimed they hoped it would be fixed later that evening. I saw no manager around. Our room lock didn't appear to work, so staff recommended we move to another room. We did that, but still no hot water for bathing. I woke on Tuesday morning with a BITE on my foot and still no hot water - the others in my group were equally unimpressed - not one of the staff mentioned anything about the lack of hot water. In fact, the maid did not know there wasn't hot water when I mentioned that I was bit and they should perhaps check or spray for bed bugs. The lady at the front desk seemed ill-prepared to handle people's concerns and mentioned that she would let the manager know about my concerns. Where was the manager? I actually felt sorry for her for having to deal with everyone. That a manager wouldn't be there after no hot water in a hotel for over 18 hours and wouldn't be there to apologize and offer something, anything .. $20 off your night's stay anyone for no hot water? I was not impressed this time Microtel Grove City - an absentee manager, lack of communications amongst staff and the possibility of bed bugs. I'll be going elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We go shopping at the Premium Outlet in Grove City twice per year and always stay at this Microtel. It is NOT a 5 star luxury hotel, if that is what you are looking for, you may as well save yourself the trouble and book somewhere else. It is, however, excellent value for money. A clean place to stay for a night or two while shopping. Front desk staff is always very friendly, rooms are always clean, albeit slightly dated, but clean is more important to me than decor when I am only staying for a night or two. Beds are OK, better than other hotels I have stayed in with a similar rating, but they do not compare to, say, what you would get at a Hilton or Westin. But of course, you are not paying a Hilton or Westin rate for the room! :) Breakfast is included, but the coffee is terrible (take a trip to McDonalds down the road instead). It's a pretty basic continental breakfast, good for a quick snack before leaving, but nothing to write home about!

All in all, I cannot complain about this place based on the price, it is a million times better than many other properties I have stayed at with the same star rating!!! We have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the past and expect to continue to stay here for our twice yearly trips to Grove City!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Monroe Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Monroe Heights Hotel

Address: 2049 Leesburg Grove City Road, Grove City, PA 16127 (Formerly Microtel Grove City)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Grove City
Free Breakfast Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grove City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Monroe Heights Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Monroe Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Grove City Hotel Grove City
Microtel Inn And Suites Grove City
Microtel Grove City
Microtel Hotel Grove City
Grove City Microtel

If you own or manage Monroe Heights Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.