“Only the Best at Terra Nova” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
No Breakfast Discount 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Grove City B&B and Inns
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Only the Best at Terra Nova”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

As I always like to provide some "room for improvement" ideas in my reviews, However, we cannot find any for our stay at the Terra Nova. Beautiful and comfortable rooms, creative and delicious breakfasts with variety, cheese/fruit platters each day, snacks, security and great hospitality. Ryan was there when needed and offered great suggestions for things to do. Don't even think of not staying here if it is within the scope of your travels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our stay at Terra Nova House was our kick off for road trip with my 2 daughters. It was a perfect way to start. They thought of every detail and more. Beautiful porches to rest our tired feet from shopping to cheese and chocolate plates. It is a very quaint and clean home. We were greeted with warmth and left feeling very pampered. My daughters had never experienced staying at a B&B and now are going to look at booking when planning their vacations. Thank you so much for your hospitality and delicious breakfast! I would highly suggest you book this wonderful B&B!!!

Lowell, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently we traveled to Grove City to attend a family "graduation picnic'". We chose to stay at Terra Nova Bed and Breakfast on Popular Street. As this was our second visit we were comfortable with our choice, but we were even more impressed with Mr. Mercer aftrer this visit. Our room was cozy and well-appointed and his dinner suggestion (Nonni's) was appreciated and more than satisifying-even though we chose to enjoy a delightful dessert there before retiring to our room to find a "brownie for two" and fresh fruit, chocolates, and cheese and crackers waiting for us. Thanks a lot!!! Breakfast was another delight: we made our choices the evening before and were pleased to have them served promptly and exactly to taste at our requested time. Mr. Mercer and his lovely family are an asset to Grove City specifically and western Pennsylvania in general. We hope, to stay with them again any time we're in the area.

Mechanicsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at Terra Nova B&B from June 17-20th. Upon check in, I knew I made the right decision. There was a deadbolt with a keypad on the front door. Ryan was there to let us in and carry my bags to my room. Even though my son was not going to be staying with me, Ryan said he was welcome to help himself to the snacks and drinks that were stocked for the guests. We also had a specialty bakery brownie with our name on it under a glass dome. My son said it was the best he has ever had! (even better than death by chocolate!!). The B&B was immaculately clean. I stayed in the British Empire Room and could even see all the vacuum marks in the plush carpet and bed covering. The room was spotless as was the bathroom. It felt like a 5 star hotel with concierge service. Anything I wanted, Ryan was there and offered to make reservations, recommendations, provided coupons, vouchers, directions etc. He had flashlights in the hallway in case we lost power. We had 2 Keurig machines 1 downstairs with all sorts of flavored syrups and one upstairs (right outside my room :-). The mini fridge was always full with bottled water, variety of sodas and our nightly cheese and fruit tray with incredible chocolates! There was also a baked good treat each night under a glass dome cake dish with each guests name on it. Breakfast was served at either 8 or 9, whichever time I chose the day before. I had the option of a Healthy, Sweet or Savory dish with all sorts of sides and any type of drink you can think of for breakfast. They were all delicious options. I would highly recommend Terra Nova House B&B, in fact, my reservation is already booked again for next year! :-)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are unique. Each one has a different look and feel to it and offers something diffe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed overnight at this lovely B&B. We were just looking for a quiet place to stay so I could read and my husband could fish. Our room was small but was clean. Ryan was attentative and answered all of our questions. I love the security of the house and the aforementioned snacks (available 24 hours) and special bakery treats were added bonuses. If I had a complaint, it would be the unique breakfast options. My husband is an old fashioned meat and potatoes guy so one option of just eggs and bacon (or something similar) would be great. However, with that said, the breakfast we ate was tasty and Ryan does allow for tyical add-ons. This B&B is a wonderful surprise in an otherwise rather boring town.

The fishing didn't end up well, but the B&B certainly did. If we ever need another quiet getaway...this is where we are going!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Terra Nova House for two nights as part of a "mother-daughter getaway weekend." Ryan and staff could not have been more accommodating. He thought of everything, from flashlights if the power went out, to a cheese/fruit and chocolate tray for a snack. The breakfasts was delicious, the room was clean and quiet.
While we spent most of our time at Grove City Outlets, Ryan encouraged us to explore downtown Grove City and area restaurants. I'm glad he did. The downtown area is quaint with some surprises. Nonni's and Tavern on the Square provided delicious home-made food. I liked how the local merchants support each other. In all, this was a winner! I strongly recommend.

Room Tip: The Caribbean Room was small yet comfortable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The owners were great cooks, super thoughtful, and gave wonderful advice for places and restaurants nearby. The house was extremely clean and the snacks and breakfast Ryan made were creative and delicious. Would definitely recommend this for anyone wanting to spend a weekend in Grove City, to shop at the outlets or spend time in Amish country.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Terra Nova House B&B? Share your experiences!