“Skip it, not that good” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: Irish
Pennsylvania
“Skip it, not that good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We visit this place with a group of 9 for a late lunch to celebrate a family member's birthday. We were the first 4 to arrive and a call ahead table was arranged. The bad thing is, it was about 5 feet from the door and it was a breezy, cold day. Very unpleasant to say the least, as the door heater wasn't functional.

We ordered 3 appetizers as a table, and they took a while to come out. Ours was bruschetta, which came with large slices of bread. It was fairly good overall. While we were waiting for the main courses to come, service was very spotty and many of us sat with empty drinks for well over 20 minutes.

Once our meals came, they were just ok. I split a spinach and garlic pizza with my sister in law. It came out pretty heavy on the cheese, and the spinach on top was crisp and wilted which I found quite odd. It was lacking in flavor and sat pretty heavy on my stomach. Neither of us thought it was very good. My husband had a chicken wrap and it came with fries instead of the salad he had requested. He also didn't care for his food. And again, we all sat with empty drinks throughout our meal.

By the time everyone had finished eating, we were chatting amongst ourselves for a while. After about another 20+ minutes passed, we all realized our waitress was again missing in action. Eventually I had to get up and ask the hostess to send our waitress and checks to the table so we could get going. Very poor service. I would not return here, especially with the other variety of options in the area.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Eat here after shopping the outlets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is the second time we have eaten here after shopping the outlets. We originally came here to dine after deciding not to do the "usual well known eateries" in the area.We were not disappointed.

The English pub atmosphere is wonderful. My son always asks for his burgers well done and this is accomplished here without drying out the burger. The Yorkshire Pudding was everything it was advertised to be and the Spinach and garlic pizza was excellent.

This dining experience convinced us once again to only eat here after shopping the outlets !

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
“Nice place, close to outlet mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Daughter & several of her fellow job trainees ate here quite a few times for the 3 weeks they were out there for training. Good value for the money, nice selection of drinks & food. Walking distance of several hotels & the outlet mall.

Visited December 2013
Darien, Connecticut
“English Style Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stay in Grove City a couple of times a year and always eat at the pub. It has very good food and ambiance - excellent service. It stands way above the local competition. Burgers are cooked true med-rare is red center. Chicken and leek soup and the crab dip are personal favorites. The Brit/Irish fare is supplemented by conventional American pub chow with a touch of Mexican.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Some people go for the outlets...we go for Elephant and Castle!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

When we travel in this area we plan around being near Elephant and Castle at meal time!!! We love the atmosphere and everything we have ordered is always tasty. Great salads and soups, but my favorite is the fish and chips. I am not usually one for quiche, but I do enjoy theirs. If I lived closer I think it would be a great place to meet friends.

• Visited August 2013