“Good Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elephant & Castle

Elephant & Castle
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grove City
Elephant & Castle
You added Elephant & Castle to your Saves list
1923 Leesburg, Grove City Rd, Grove City, PA 16127   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Grove City B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Good Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the price and cleanliness of my room! The view was beautiful from the double windows in my corner room. I think this is the best value for the money in Grove City. The food at the restaurant is tasty and also reasonably priced. My brother lives in Grove City and he recommended Elephant & Castle to me as I prefer to have my own space when I visit. I stayed in August 2013 and have just booked my same room for October 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
GTA, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room we had was a double bed room and the room was very, very small. In addition to that there was a huge fan in the corner which was of no use -- just stored there. Also there was an extra bedspread and stuff which also took up space. However, the room was clean, bed was good and it was quiet. There is no coffee in room and also no breakfast. You can get a cup of coffee and some fruit at the front desk. When I asked at the front desk about the fan and the other stuff they told me it was always there and the man was not very nice about my asking! Price was much less than other places and the size would contribute to that. Location was good for shopping at the mall and we really enjoyed our supper at the restaurant. They have only 12 rooms and I certainly would not stay again in such a small room which was made worse by the clutter!.

Room Tip: Don't stay in one of the small rooms! Larger rooms look OK. Welcome center staff should be mad...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Pleasantly suprised. Food and atmosphere was great. Happy hour has 1/2 price draft appetizers, portions are large.

Would love to hear more about the rooms, would consider staying there if nice. Daughter is a vegan and there was choices for her. Close to outlet mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fredonia, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

A well kept secret at the entry to Grove City Outlet Mall. Twelve rooms with a convenient parking lot that leads to the entry of the outlet mall. A very nice room with 2 double beds, new carpet, a refrigerator, tall windows and a huge bathroom all reasonably priced. We also received 10% off our meal at the Elephant and Castle Restaurant and enjoyed a tasty meal. We can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This place is like some meth clinic half-way house. It smells. It's noisy. It's dirty. And it's a dump. I was itchy after being there five minutes. Stay somewhere else, anywhere else. Sleep in your car.

• Stayed August 2011
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I were travelling from Pittsburgh to Buffalo and stayed at the Hampton Inn. Upon our late checkout and having missed the Hampton's breakfast, the hotel's staff offered us a 15% off coupon to the Elephant and Castle--perfect! My husband is a Brit, so he was delighted that the E&C was a pub-style restaurant/bar that offered a large variety of food and beer choices. The salad and quiche that we ordered was good and we enjoyed the bright/windowed environment. There is an outdoor patio that was being used. This was such a nice surprise to find this in the middle of PA and we would recommend a stop for some refreshments and a chance to glimpse this unique establishment. PS - our waitress (blonde, petite--don't remember her name) was very nice and kind!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

This little inn is a great place to spend the night...at $60 you can't go wrong! We were lucky to grab the last room and wished we booked earlier to stay there the whole weekend.

We stayed in room 203...it was small, but had everything you needed. It was clean, fresh sheets & towels. I would recommend bringing your own pillows. We had a great time at the pub as well! Food was yummy, beer was cheap and the waiter was great, thanks Parker! We will defiantly stay here again next time we go to Grove for some shopping! Cheers!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Elephant & Castle? Share your experiences!