“Great Hotel, Great Value!!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Grove City
Ontario
“Great Hotel, Great Value!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Still here and writing a review. Very clean rooms, And I mean, very clean!! Enjoyed pool and hot tub (even allowed us to stay in 10 minutes after closing). 5 of us for only $76.00 which includes continental breakfast!! Best deal we have found so far in our travels...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We paid our dues for a 2-day stay with our Visa upon leaving. A couple of days back home in Canada we get a letter to say that they (Best Western)are debitting our Visa with an additional $150 for having to clean pet (cat/dog?) excrement from under the table. We did not own nor take a pet to the hotel nor did we see/smell anything under the table. However, two of us did end up with really severe allergies. If at all there was anything under the table it might have been the previous guest and the room was not thoroughly cleaned. Our demands to be shown proof of us walking in or out with a pet were ignored. Our calls to Best Western Head Office to waive this charge as we did not take a pet (cat/dog) as we absolutely do not own one, were unsuccessful. We consulted a lawyer here in Canada and were told it might be cheaper to just pay the $150 than to fight it!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Here's the story of how a shopping road trip went terribly wrong, thanks to Best Western. I stayed here from August 27-Aug29 2009 for a shopping road trip. Upon departure, I tried to shop using my credit card only to discover that the card was declined. Upon contacting my credit card company, I discovered that for a two night stay, Best Western charged my credit card over $800.00 for a two night stay. These unexplainable charges left me nearly stranded with no funds to put gas in my car, resulting in a family member having to wire me funds to get back to Canada. After speaking to the manager at Best Western, I was told that the accidental charges would be reversed immediately. However, it took nearly four days of me harassing them to complete the reversal! Had I not been proactive in pursuing this injustice, the reversal would have never taken place.

The room also smelled like sewage, resulting in the purchase of scented candles, and airfreshners for the two night stay. I was also told that an extra cot would be put in my room which never arrived.

I recommend that all those considering a stay here run away as fast as you can, unless you want to pay $800.00 for a two night stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My mom and I stayed at this hotel last week and neither of us could sleep... It became immediately apparent that the pillows were very old, lumpy, and hard. I finally got comfortable and my legs started itching. I wondered if it was maybe the detergent the hotel used to launder the sheets, but even when I stripped the bed it was still itchy. I didn't say anything to my mom that night as I didn't want to ruin the little sleep she got, but the next morning I was not suprised when she said to me "I couldn't sleep last night because it felt like there were bugs crawling on me". I was horrified! What are the chances that two people would "imagine" the same thing?? I will never stay at this hotel again, despite the good location and friendly staff.... Now I can only cross my fingers that all of the laundry and scrubbing I did immediately upon returning home has prevented an infestation at my own home.... My fingers are still crossed.....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

My family and I stayed at Best Western on August 8th. Hannah at the check in desk was absolutely wonderful. We reserved three rooms, and she made sure we were all together with adjoining rooms. The breakfast was great with plenty of fruits etc.

The rooms were spotless, beds were comfy with clean crispy linen. The only downside was the bathroom a little small, but not a problem.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Stayed two nights at the Best Western, arrvied around noon on Saturday was too early to check in so went for Lunch at Hoss's next door then a drive into Groove City. Second floor room was ready for 2:30 it has two beds, mini fridge, microwave was clean and fine. Small bathroom but we didn't come here to stay in the bathroom. Eleven year old had great time in the pool, we enjoyed the hot tub there was a sauna but didn't use it.
Usual hotel grab and go breakfeast had pastries, cereal, bagels, english muffins and make your own waffles. Was busy as the hotel was fully booked but everyone moved along in the line and we ate back in our room.
Walking distance to the Mall but who wants to carry all those shopping bags around. Next trip I would easily book here again on the second floor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Brantford, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

We had, in January made reservations to stay the The Best Western in Grove city, 2 rooms for 2 nights, we were tkaing our family, and our inlaws. We had stayed at this location on many previous trips. When we arrived at this motel at 11:03 on the night of
our reervation we find that the motel did not hold our reservation "sorry" apparently they couldn't hold our room.....8 of us, no where to stay at 11:00 on a Friday night.
Apparently from reading some other reviews this is not the first time this has happened
at this location. We will never be staying at this Best Western again, nor, likely any others judging by the response we got from their customer service, apparently hotel staff has the right to cancel a guaranteed reservation if they feel like it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Grove City Inn? Share your experiences!