“I think this hotel needs some updating compared to other...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Ramada Inn Drive, Rt 30 E, Greensburg, PA 15601-9383 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Greensburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rochester NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Normally we exclusively stay at Hilton Inns as we are Hilton Honors diamond members thanks to my husbands business travels. We had to stay at this Ramada Inn as we traveled with my daughter's cheerleading team to a competition. The whole team stayed there. I considered being a rebel and staying at the Hampton Inn in the area anyway, but me daughter really wanted to be with the rest of her team. I wish we had.

I got nervous before we even got into the room. On the floor in front of the door was a room service tray. From breakfast. (Eggs and toast remained on it). At EIGHT PM. Oh boy.

Upon entering the room there was an odd odor and it was very stuffy. I quickly realized the air conditioner wasn't on. We got that up and running, but it never did totally eliminate the smell. Two of us are allergic to mold and started having allergy symptoms during the night. In the morning I took the time to look around and sure enough, behind the curtain along the window was moldy. We took pictures to document it. Air conditioning units really need to be left running in the summer even if they are up at 76 or so to help with moisture. While looking behind the curtains I noticed our bushes contained about five beer bottles and an empty pack of cigarettes. Classy.

The room wasn't the cleanest I'd ever been in, The corners and baseboards in the bathroom clearly hadn't been cleaned thoroughly is quit awhile. They were very dusty and dirty. There was hair in the tub. There was also quite a bit of wear and tear to the room which surprised me since many reviews seemed to indicate a fairly recent remodel.

My bed was fine, however the bed my two daughters slept in squeaked loudly every time one of them moved. But. That was drowned about by the HORRENDOUS noise that the air condition made every time it kicked on and off all night long. It wasn't the best night sleep ever. Many of the families complained about a very loud wedding reception that went on until very late. Thankfully we couldn't hear it.

The other little issue in our visit was treatment by the front desk. As part of our group package, we were given vouchers for free breakfast. After we checked in and went to our room I realized that we were only given three for the four of us. I stopped down at the desk to ask if we could have a fourth. I was told that the contract stated three per room. Okay, no problem. Seemed odd, but that's okay. What wasn't okay was the rudeness in which the information we delivered. I was tired and though maybe I overreacted, but after we walked away all three of my girls commented on how unkind she was. I suspect she had been asked several times, but that wasn't my fault.

The breakfast was fine. Wasn't the best I have had, but wasn't terrible either. Our server was wonderful.

All said and done. Will we return? Nope! Next year I'll be rebelling and going to the Hampton. In fact, I'll be recommending to the coordinator of this program that they use the Hilton next year. The only reason I am not giving it a terrible rating is that we didn't come away with bed bugs! I was very concerned about that so figured that in itself was worth a poor rating instead!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest 4kidstolove:

Thank you for being our guest here at the Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center. I apologize to you for our failing to meet your expectations on so many levels. We will use your review as motivation to continue our efforts to improve our property and the level of service we provide our guests. No-one likes to fall short or to disappoint guests or customers, and we are no different in that respect. Again thank you for being our guest and should you ever find yourself staying with us in the future, I hope that you will notice many improvements.

724-552-0601 (direct line)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very disappointed. Checked in to a filthy room. Spills dried on the desk and night table. Tub was disgusting - drain is coated in soap scum and the area around the drain is dark gray with built up grime. Bathroom counter was visibly dirty and needed cleaned. Sink stopper is broken so the silver cover is sitting on the counter next to the sink. Carpets were clearly not vacuumed prior to our arrival and have not been swept during our stay. Today I noticed a pistascio shell on the floor. We have not had any pistascios. The inset for the toilet paper roll is caked with dust and clearly has not been wiped out for a very long time. The condition of the room seems to indicate a long pattern of neglect in terms of cleaning. The decorative covers on the end of each bed have noticeable spots from spills or unknown liquids. I folded those and stashed them in a corner. Yuck.
I reported the room as unclean immediately after check in and the desk clerk had the room recleaned. The woman only wiped one desk and did a very light and insufficient cleaning job in the bathroom. I had to specifically show her the marks on the night table and ask her to wipe it as well.
Unfortunately for us, our stay coincided with Steelers training camp and we were unable to find an available room at any hotel within a reasonable distance. We absolutely would have left this hotel if another hotel could have been found.
I will never stay here again. The filth has me grossed out. For the cost of the room it should at a minimum be clean.

• Stayed July 2013
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest Petunia and Pal:

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. On behalf of our entire staff I want to apologize to you for failing to meet even basic housekeeping standards in your room. Hopefully by now you have gotten my email message to you. What you have written could only be described as a rare, occurrence, and in such a situation our front desk would normally have issued an immediate refund and moved you to another room. Unfortunately our front desk log book does not reflect that any guest called down to make a complaint such as yours since Steeler's Training Camp started. We have also questioned all of our front desk staff, and none of them recall getting such a call. We are hoping that you will respond to my email so that I can process a refund after investigating and so that we can meet with the employees involved for some re-training.

724-591-8275
Chantilly, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

It is much as you would expect a Ramada to be. This is an older hotel that used to be a Sheraton. It has been remodeled, bathroom freshened up, new bedding and furniture. One place they did not update is the room Air conditioners. The units are not big enough to cool entire room even when turned down to 68 degrees Fahrenheit. It's made for uncomfortable sleeping.
The bar was only what I could describe as grungy...not very welcoming in my opinion. The Cab was a boxed wine I could barely drink. The taps were almost all out of order, but my husband I'd enjoy the one that was working.
The hotel was only okay but served its purpose.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Lora M.

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com I am glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay, but can see that we have some areas where we can improve to fully meet your expectations. I have written to you separately to learn if you can give me the room number so that our engineering staff can check and repair the air conditioning unit in the room. Additionally I am happy to report that after many years we have an updating of our entertainment lounge planned with the goal of it being completed this fall. I have also noted your comment regarding the quality of our house wine and we will see if we can't take steps to upgrade our selection. Thank you again for being our guest.

724-552-0601 (direct line)

Been to Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!