Normally we exclusively stay at Hilton Inns as we are Hilton Honors diamond members thanks to my husbands business travels. We had to stay at this Ramada Inn as we traveled with my daughter's cheerleading team to a competition. The whole team stayed there. I considered being a rebel and staying at the Hampton Inn in the area anyway, but me daughter really wanted to be with the rest of her team. I wish we had.
I got nervous before we even got into the room. On the floor in front of the door was a room service tray. From breakfast. (Eggs and toast remained on it). At EIGHT PM. Oh boy.
Upon entering the room there was an odd odor and it was very stuffy. I quickly realized the air conditioner wasn't on. We got that up and running, but it never did totally eliminate the smell. Two of us are allergic to mold and started having allergy symptoms during the night. In the morning I took the time to look around and sure enough, behind the curtain along the window was moldy. We took pictures to document it. Air conditioning units really need to be left running in the summer even if they are up at 76 or so to help with moisture. While looking behind the curtains I noticed our bushes contained about five beer bottles and an empty pack of cigarettes. Classy.
The room wasn't the cleanest I'd ever been in, The corners and baseboards in the bathroom clearly hadn't been cleaned thoroughly is quit awhile. They were very dusty and dirty. There was hair in the tub. There was also quite a bit of wear and tear to the room which surprised me since many reviews seemed to indicate a fairly recent remodel.
My bed was fine, however the bed my two daughters slept in squeaked loudly every time one of them moved. But. That was drowned about by the HORRENDOUS noise that the air condition made every time it kicked on and off all night long. It wasn't the best night sleep ever. Many of the families complained about a very loud wedding reception that went on until very late. Thankfully we couldn't hear it.
The other little issue in our visit was treatment by the front desk. As part of our group package, we were given vouchers for free breakfast. After we checked in and went to our room I realized that we were only given three for the four of us. I stopped down at the desk to ask if we could have a fourth. I was told that the contract stated three per room. Okay, no problem. Seemed odd, but that's okay. What wasn't okay was the rudeness in which the information we delivered. I was tired and though maybe I overreacted, but after we walked away all three of my girls commented on how unkind she was. I suspect she had been asked several times, but that wasn't my fault.
The breakfast was fine. Wasn't the best I have had, but wasn't terrible either. Our server was wonderful.
All said and done. Will we return? Nope! Next year I'll be rebelling and going to the Hampton. In fact, I'll be recommending to the coordinator of this program that they use the Hilton next year. The only reason I am not giving it a terrible rating is that we didn't come away with bed bugs! I was very concerned about that so figured that in itself was worth a poor rating instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Laurel Highland, Ramada Hotel and Conference Center is the premier hotel in Greensburg and is convenient to Idlewild Park & Soak Zone, Westmoreland Mall, Seven Springs Ski Resort, St. Vincent College, Seton Hill University and the Palace Theatre. Our hotel features comfortable rooms, superb meeting facilities, indoor heated pool and on-site dining at the Vista Plateau Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Wyndham, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Greensburg
- Four Points By Sheraton Greensburg Hotel Greensburg
- Sheraton Greensburg
- Four Points Greensburg
- Greensburg Four Points
- Greensburg Sheraton