“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ravenswood, West Virginia
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I just want to let others know of my great experience at this facility in Greensburg, PA. From the moment I walk through the doors being greeted by Lorraine at the front desc until the time I have a nice evening chat with Donna in facilities. I'm made to feel like I belong and am appreciated.At breakfast I feel like the staff of Brenda, Cindy and Greg go above and beyond to make sure my needs are met.

The rooms are spacious and clean and the common areas are well maintained and beautiful. The entire staff are sure to present a smile and a hello. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Rex C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Greensburg. It is wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback and we will surely share your comments with Lorraine, Donna, Brenda, Cindy and Greg. We are so pleased to be your “home away from home” and that is exactly what we strive for. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Stephen Burton, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'm a fan of the Courtyard chain when I’m looking for a place to stay for one or two nights and don’t need the frills or cost of a higher-end hotel. I was in Greensburg to attend a funeral, and I must say, this is one of the nicer Courtyards I've stayed in. I was especially impressed with the spacious lobby lounge area—lots of comfy seating areas to relax with a book and cocktail from the little bar. There is also a peaceful outdoor seating area with a water feature and pretty foliage. The room was more than adequate, with good lighting, free WiFi, and modern bathroom. The staff was super friendly. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, but because the hotel is tucked back from the main road it was relatively quiet and I got a good night’s sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Marylandtraveler530,
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and thank you for choosing Courtyard Greensburg. We understand the extra level of stress when traveling for a funeral, and we're glad our friendly staff and spacious accommodations added comfort to your stay. Thank you for sharing your review and recommendations of our great hotel. We hope to serve your hotel needs again should you return to the area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed here one night recently for a weekend getaway and were pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival we were greeted promptly by a very friendly, helpful concierge. The hotel has not yet been renovated to the "new" Marriott style, which is fine by me; it does not need to be renovated at all. There is a spacious lounge and fireplace, a small eat in dining room, and a separate bar area with big screen TV. The lobby opens into a beautiful back area with a garden and water feature, which is a nice place to relax and have a drink. Though near the highway,it was not loud at all. The room had an upscale feel to it with a granite counter in the nice sized bathroom. There was the requisite coffee in the lobby in the morning, which is never strong enough for my taste, but is fine. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel as being close to the attraction "Fallingwater", designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. It also is located a mile from several chain restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
urlaub14,
Many thanks for your feedback and high recommendations of Courtyard Greensburg. It is great to hear that we exceeded your expectations in service and comfort during your stay. We're glad you had an opportunity to experience all that our property has to offer and we hope you'll return for another visit again soon. Thank you again for your review.

WNY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I actually liked how the lobby was designed.
Really my only complaints were the pool was freezing and the hot tub did not seem hot enough.
The buffet breakfast was fine for the price of 9.95 and had a good assortment of items.
The location is pretty much near everything one could need but be aware during rush times traffic on this road can be pretty heavy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
JakeWny,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard Greensburg. We appreciate you sharing both positive feedback on our clean hotel and friendly staff, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. Your comments regarding the pool and hot tub temperatures have been addressed with our team in order to heighten our awareness of such issues. We value your business and hope you'll return for another stay in the future. Thank you once again.

Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise. Lovely lobby with a bar which opened daily at 5 serving drinks a limited food items. Rooms were clean and well appointed. I love the landscaped back patio area with a waterfall-very peaceful. There were table and benches to sit at and some shaded areas. Walking distance to several restaurants and shopping. Rooms were very quiet. I was never awakened by running kids in the hall or slamming doors. Very helpful and friendly employees. Shortfall: only one mirror in the room with adequate lighting for getting ready and that was in the bathroom. There was a full length mirror as well on the door but no prep area. Missed some toiletries such as q-tips and body lotion.
Breakfast was not included and I would recommend going else where as the quality was only fair.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JustABeachBum58,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your visit to Courtyard Greensburg. We’re glad you enjoyed a quiet stay and found our lobby bar, friendly staff and convenient location to exceed your expectations. Your feedback is important to us on all areas and we thank you again for your comments. We hope you’ll return for another visit in the future.

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

was helpful, happy and courteous, even when a large crowd of people arrived at the same time to check in. Rooms, bathroom and beds were very clean. However, I don't think the room should cost $150+ per night, especially in greensburg.

• Stayed May 2014
511Susan,
Thank you for writing a review of Courtyard Greensburg. We’re happy to know you had a pleasant stay and found our friendly staff and clean accommodations played a part. We hope you’ll visit us again in the near future.

Edgewater Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

While traveling in the area of Greensburg, PA for business I stayed at the Courtyard for a week stay. The location is up on a hill off of a major interstate road and a few miles from the PA turnpike. Nearby chain restaurants make this easy for dinner options. Although its location is near some highways, there was little to no car & truck noise during my stay. Any front desk employee I came in contact with was very nice, professional and went out of their way to make sure my stay was efficient. As a platinum member I did not get a room upgrade, but I won't complain as the hotel did seem sold out. Rooms were very clean and refrigerator & desk space come in handy for a longer stay. Fitness room could use an upgrade with some free weights or a larger body machine, but it was well maintained for what equipment was there (mostly cardio). The breakfast was a disappointment as it was not included in my stay as a Platinum member. Each morning it did not appear the breakfast room was even halfway full. Courtyard Greensburg should reconsider giving some breakfast options for Marriott Elite members. Bistro bar is very small and while the menu is a decent selection, additional sitting room would be beneficial. Overall, a typical Courtyard stay and would choose to stay here again if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: No floor has a 'good view', so it is best to be away from the noisy and frequent elevators a...