“Hotel with a B&B feel to it.” 4 of 5 stars

The Inn at Mountain View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Scenery Lane, Greensburg, PA 15601   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Hotel with a B&B feel to it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Very helpful staff. Cookies to welcome you. I enjoyed my stay. I will be back.

Room Tip: Bring a sleep mask because bright lights shine into the room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
toledo, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I would give this place good reviews except for one thing, perhaps a small thing to others, but not to us. My husband and I stayed here for 3 days for a family funeral. There was one chair in our room. One of us was expected to sit on the bed to read or use our laptops. I asked at the desk and was told they could give us another folding chair "which wouldn't be very comfortable". I then appropriated a straight chair from the conference room and took it to our room. How ridiculous. There was a floor lamp and an empty corner where there might have been a chair at one time. Our room was not made up on the second day, same towels. I had to ask for toilet paper on the first day, as there was a third of a roll in the bathroom. There were stains on the coverlets which looked like blood, and the coverlets were old. I would not return. Too bad, the place has a nice quiet location and is close to shopping and restaurants. Please put a chair in the room when two people are occupying the room! I asked again about this inconvenience when we checked out and was told that all the rooms have only one chair, but that some people aren't bothered by it. Right, unless you want a place to sit down other than the edge of the bed.

Room Tip: Insist on a corner room and make sure you have two chairs for two travelers.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This renovated Inn is near Greensburg- very convenient access to that city but in a more peaceful setting. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. They serve a full, hot breakfast every morning. Rates were reasonable and we had a nice stay.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here overnight while in town for a family wedding.
room was very clean, staff was friendly! The only thing that keeps me from giving it an excellent is the breakfast is nice, and does offer hot items, they are pretty much tasteless.
for a property this nice a breakfast upgrade would be welcomed. I will stay again, as its value is a good thing!

Lewes Beach, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We wanted to find a place to stay that would except pets.That is an ordeal in itself.What a great place...large spacious rooms...great staff...fenced in doggie area where they provide bags and a pooper scooper-I must say there was one person that didn't feel it necessary to pick up after their pet. You would think they would be considerate considering the owners have gone out of their way to make this hotel pet friendly.The breakfast they offer is amazing--all this included in your nights stay.I would highly recommend this hotel.I wish other hotels would offer these amenities.They do not charge extra for pets!!!! Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This place is on the site of the old Mt. Veiw Inn. They tore down the old part of the Inn and left the "newer" part which is used today. The current rate I got was $86 which was the cheapest compared to Wingate Inn or the Hampton which are in the vacinity. They offer complimentary breakfast which is pretty good. The room were kept clean and are spacious. They do not have enough parking, when the Inn is completely booked you end up parking in the grass. I am not a dog lover, but they dedicate the 3rd floor to people with dogs. Didn't particularly like getting woke up by dogs baking in the hall at 6:30 AM but is probably the exception than normal. Overall I will continue to stay here when I return back to this area.

Room Tip: 3rd floor for dog lovers.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The room was very spacious! We were able to take our dog and the top floor outside is a huge doggy play area which was great! The breakfast was nothing I had ever seen, great spread of food choices! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Mountain View? Share your experiences!