“Completely unacceptable motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Salem, Oregon
“Completely unacceptable motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had to go to Greensburg, Pa. for a funeral and expected to be staying there the night of 12/21/2012. I made reservations for that evening through a travel club. We arrived late evening of 12/20 and since the room was available went ahead and checked in. A rainstorm came in and the pull out sofa in the second of two rooms had a crack in the ceiling and rain was dripping down onto the bed all night where one of the party was sleeping. In the morning we found living and dead stinkbugs on the walls and on the floors. The carpet was filthy with dirt and what appeared to be clipped toenails. On one of the quilts there appeared to be a dried blood stain. The next morning a member of the party went to check out the included breakfast. There was butter and cream cheese in a bowl, dried cereal with no milk and a lock on a refrigerator. After the first night we went to the front desk and told the clerk we could not stay another night because of the conditions. We were told a refund would not be available because we did not give a 24 hour notice of cancellation. I asked for the manager who was onsite and they were notified. After a ten minute wait we had to leave for a funeral. I left my number but have not received a call. A representative of the travel club also contacted the motel and was told there would be no refund for the night we did not stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Sheets were filthy-asked for new ones and an angry, scary man was sent to our room asking what the problem was with the sheets. He was annoyed when I showed him the brown and orange stains, so I said I would make the bed myself if he could just give me the sheets. He said he didn't have clean pillow cases, so after arguing with his wife (?) about there being no clean laundry, he took three pillowcases off of his OWN BED in the room next to us, which stank of smoke. We ended up using my husbands t shirts as pillowcases.

There were stink bugs all over, we spent the entire night terrified because of all the yelling and banging around outside. Something banged our door at 3 am and I was scared out of my mind. I took a shower and after drying myself off with towel, kept finding long dark hairs that didn't belong to me or my husband all over me.

Disgusting, awful--place should be shut down.

• Stayed October 2012
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The place is better on the inside than the outside. Which isn't saying a whole lot, but hey the room was clean, sheets were clean, so it was adequate. The TV didn't really work, the wifi worked fine. Good place to stay if you just need the bare minimum. The room was recently remodeled, but still not up to modern standards.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this property on 9/23 2012. The room that we were assigned had not been cleaned. We brought it to the attention of the manager who told housekeeping to staff clean it. The member of housekeeping assigned to the room argued about having to clean it when she was working on something else, and it took a LONG time to actually get into a room. The room was very small and dark. The motel was along a highway with A LOT of traffic noise. The property itself was noisy, with people yelling late into the night. In addition we had to go and request the code to get on the wifi. We do NOT recommend this motel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the rodeway inn but I must say that, I really got my monies worth. Not only were the staff courteous but they were very helpful to me and my family, also everyone that we talked to went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had a long day and stop in for the night.
My first impression of the staff was warm and inviting.
I asked for it and they had no problem accommodating my needs.
And when i checked into my room it was neat and clean.
I had a lovely stay and will return.
I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Holts Summit, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

At first I thought it was a clean room for the price. But then...It took 45 minutes to get the wifi to work and then dropped in 10 minutes. The breakfast was bread and cold cereal, coffe and juice. Not even anything to put on the bread. My stay was for four days. Every day when we returned my card key wouldn't work. The clerk was very nice in reprogramming it. But, the fourth day there was nobody in the office. For over 6 hours I and several others looked and waited for someone to show up. Phone calls to the motel were unanswered. The 800 number main office tried, but couldn't help. The highway patrol said it wasn't a police matter. No personnel around. Housekeeping door wide open. Finally, at 10;30 PM a couple of us found a way to be able to crawl into our windows. In the morning there still was nobody around, so we left our key and left. Headqurarters said there was supposed to be somebody in the office 24/7.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Greensburg? Share your experiences!