“Smoking allowed makes Robokyo's patio royucko.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“Smoking allowed makes Robokyo's patio royucko.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went with my daughter to enjoy sushi and wine on the outdoor bar and patio. Robokyo has a very inviting, closed-off and private stone patio you can enjoy during the summer. It is a large area with a number of tables. It was a beautiful night and I was surprised it was not busier.

Perhaps...just perhaps the reason lay behind the ash trays that were on most of the tables. As we were seated, I noticed people smoking all around us. Even though we were outdoors, I can't remember the last time I was in a smoking environment while eating. The kicker was when the man at the table next to us lit up a big cigar. That was it...as nice as the patio is, we couldn't enjoy being there with cigar smoke wafting past us.

I'm so sorry Robokyo, but we will not be back...who wants to enjoy fresh sushi and a drink outdoors while surrounded by smoke? (Except for the smokers, who've found the one place left where they can do that.) If you ever do ban smoking, and maybe add some live entertainment on beautiful summer nights, I think you'll have a winner.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Southwestern, PA
“Good food-lots of it and entertained be the chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The triple combo and fried rice was so tasty. I could eat the mushrooms, shrimp and fried rice and be totally happy. So much food-will enjoy left overs tomorrow.
My only complaint is the sound. It is way to noisy-bad acoustics along with the waitress slamming used dishes takes away from an expensive ding experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Sushi not all that great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

First time trying Robokyo. We went for Sushi. We usually go to another Asian Resturant down by Giant Eagle. So this is what I have to compare to in Greensburg....not impressed. Shrimp Tempura Sushi Roll was cold and the rest was just plain and boring. The cucumber roll was terrible!!! Had one piece and ended up not eating any of it! Can't comment on their hibachi experience....because we did not try that. We will not be back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a surprise birthday dinner party at Robokyo and the staff was very accommodating and didn't miss a beat even though there was 24 of us! Food was good and the portion size was average. The tuna tataki was superb and I really enjoyed my filet and lobster tail. We usually go there for special occasions and will keep going back. The bar is a good hang out as well!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
latrobe
“It's a Japanese grill hot table with a showy mexican looking food flipper”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you've been to a place where the knife banging and clanging are the attraction then you've been here before. The food is OK and the price is average for this kind of restaurant Nothing out of it's category.

Visited April 2012