“Nice Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ringgold, Georgia
“Nice Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Nice Hampton fairly new. No problems. Typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Quiet.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

Stayed here for a brief business trip in Latrobe (St. Vincent's College, just down the road). Easy check in, very clean room, everything worked just fine. Very good value.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No nice restaurant on site.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

We live in Orlando, Florida; and visit relatives in the Greensburg area, sometimes several times a year. Rather than stay with family, we prefer to stay in a hotel; and we always stay at the Hampton. We have been staying there for over 7 years. The staff is always courteous and friendly; and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The WI-FI service is great, and there is a nice office center and workout room. They provide a nice breakfast each morning that is convenient, and that certainly adds value. Being Floridians, it would be nice if the pool was open earlier in the year, and stayed open later in the year! I have noticed that we see many of the same employees each time we come; and they always remember us, which makes us feel special. The hotel is convenient to Route 30 and it's easy to find your way around to other local points of interest. If you happen to stay at the Hampton, be sure to go down the hill and check out the Meadows, they make the best ice cream ever!

• Liked — Consistency in the management of the property and the service provided.
  • Disliked — We wish that the pool was open longer.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sanford, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

We stayed here for 4 days during Memorial Day weekend for a family wedding. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very curtious, and the rooms were very nice. The fridge in the room was very nice to have, especially with young children. The beds were rather comfortable and the wireless internet worked really well. The breakfast selection changed every morning we were there, which was nice. Our only disappointment was that the pool was not open. Usually, a outdoor pool opens on Memorial day weekend, not specifically on Memorial day. Overall, very nice hotel.

• Liked — Customer Service and it was really clean.
  • Disliked — Pool closed
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

We rented two rooms at the Hampton Inn for a Saturday evening stay. The rooms were both clean and comfortable, and the check-in and check-out were both pleasant experiences with friendly staff both times.
We have family in the area and for that reason we chose this hotel. We would definitely stay here in the future. The hotel seems new, bedding is much nicer than I expected for the price. There was also a continental breakfast, which looked nice, but we had other plans Sunday morning and did not get the chance to try it.

• Liked — Cleanliness!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Harrisburg, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2007

I reserved a room at the Hampton Inn in Greensburg, PA for three nights several weeks in advance. When I arrived at nearly 3pm, I checked in.

AFTER the check in process, the front desk clerk told me that there was a plumbing problem in my room and that the door would be open. The clerk contacted the plumbers and confirmed that it would be another two hours before the work was completed in the room. I explained that this was an inconvenience after having spent four hours on the road en route to the location. The clerk offered to hold my bags behind the front desk and directed me to the lobby and business center. I again explained that this was not acceptable, and the clerk apologized but did not offer a different room or any other accommodation. After speaking with the Hilton customer support representative, I was assured that the hotel manager would contact me within 72 hours.

When the hotel manager, Eric, contacted me several days later, he immediately began ranting that he didn't understand what I wanted, and that the plumbing problem was not his fault. I expressed that I understood that, but was unhappy with the lack of accommodation and the way it was handled, especially in consideration of the Hampton Inn 100 Satisfaction Guarantee. He then expressed that I must "live in a perfect world" and continued belittling me. I was so shocked at his verbal assault that I was nearly speechless. I asked why I had not been offered a different room, to which he replied that I had reserved a smoking room and in the past when he has placed smokers in non-smoking rooms he "was s#$t on". These were his EXACT words. He suggested that if I preferred to stay at the competitor, that I was welcome to do that. After relaying to the customer support representative the appalling conversation, they too were unwilling to resolve the issue.

Apparently, 18 stays within 8 months at Hampton Inn in addition to Gold VIP Hilton Honors membership meant nothing to them. I do not recommend Hampton Inn, and especially this facility, to anyone. I have never been treated so poorly by anyone in a customer service position, and the hotel's handling of the situation was literally derogatory.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Greensburg Hampton Inn for a night in June 2006. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable and the room size (king bed) was adequate for two of us.

It is located along Rte 30 and in close proximity to a lot of amenities -- restaurants, shopping, etc. Greensburg is located east of Pittsburgh near the Ligonier and Latrobe areas. While in Greensburg, make sure to drive out to Ligonier and explore the beautiful countryside.

Been to Hampton Inn Greensburg? Share your experiences!