“Not super 8 quality” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greencastle
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Not super 8 quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Definitely not a good experience. Staff is far from friendly. The rudest people we ever encountered. Never had clean towels. Always had to ask for towels and would have to go to office to get them. Cleaning people were very old and did a terrible job.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place was a pleasant surprise. I had read the good reviews so we decided to stay here at the last minute for a softball tournament. It was Memorial Day weekend so we were lucky to get a room. The price was very reasonable, especially for a holiday weekend. Our room was small but recently renovated so clean with new beds and linens and fresh paint. It is obviously an older building and is still undergoing some improvements but we thought it was a nice little hotel. The free breakfast was small but it had everything I needed. Hot coffee, juice, cereal, toast, fruit and yogurt. The staff were very helpful when I asked for extra towels and another blanket. They brought them to my room quickly. I would recommend this Super 8 if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Request one on the side facing away from the highway for less noise at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Green Castle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a roadside breakdown and was forced to spend the night waiting for a repair service. The Staff was very friendly and gave me a little discount for my situation. This Super 8 is under new management and they are in the process of redoing every room, so not all the rooms were open yet. The rooms that are open are fresh and new with new beds. I had the King size and it was very comfortable. The TV was the old tube style as the flat screen TVs that were ordered had not come in yet. Still the TV service had tons of channels as it might be premium cable service. The internet was very easy for all my devices to connect to and the speed was excellent. I did watch some Amazon videos on my computer with no interruptions. They offer a small continental breakfast but I chose to walk 50 yards to McDonald's for breakfast. There is a great TA dinner across the street with good food at great prices. There are other places for food and convenience that made this Super 8 and super place to be stranded. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

PORT RICHEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Traveled for business with my wife, the hotel took me off the corporate rate even though my company knew my wife was with me corporate reservation was $362.38. When we checked out we got a receipt for $326.13, they hit our bank account for $393.42. Called to try to straighten this out the woman on the phone would not listen that they had made an error, told us what they hit our bank account for was right. They did not inform us they were hitting our bank for more money than the receipt nor that they took us off the corporate rate. Calling the BBB first thing tomorrow. I can't submit an expense report without losing money. NEVER staying here again! Also watched them charge an out of country traveler $100 in CASH deposit for a room, luckily the man made them put it on the receipt so he got it back. Not to mention they are in the process of remodeling the hotel so our room was partially done.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

It has very nice and fluffy beds and pillows. The rooms have a fridge and microwave And new pictures in the rooms and the desk ladie is really nice and is always smiley i would remanded this hotel to all my friends and family thanks

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Super 8 Greencastle? Share your experiences!