“Great Food, Beer, and Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Food, Beer, and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is a great stop for a cold beverage and a great meal. On Wednesdays they have 1/2 price burgers and $2 off wings. I ordered a beer cheese burger. It was great! It was served with onion rings on top smothered with a beer cheese sauce. A couple of drafts of Harp went well with the meal. In fact there are about a dozen beers on tap with new types rotating in frequently. Service was outstanding and the staff is friendly. If you find yourself in Greencastle, PA the John Allison House is worthwhile experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food with great friends but needs better ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My finicky daughter had fish n chips that were yummy but the fries weren't seasoned. I had the smoked salmon salad. Well dressed greens with large rye croutons and delicious salmon. Could have had more capers for more flavor and egg for a different texture. We will go back at daughters request! The room we dined in was sparse with generic tables and semi comfy chairs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Average food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went here for dinner with a group of friends. We had a prior reservation, and it was a get-together for our book club. Upon arrival, the staff had set aside the "private meeting room" for us, which was nice, but the table was not set. Our meals arrived and we had to ask for silverware! The rest of the restaurant was not busy at all.

I ordered the pub burger with fries. The fries were very good, but the burger was not done to medium, as I had requested. Not the best burger ever, but certainly not the worst.

I had a glass of wine - they have Cupcake wine here! Was very excited to see that. Rather stingy on the amount though - for $7.50 a glass from a bottle I can buy for $11, I expected more than a splash!

Our waitress would disappear for very long periods, which wasn't so good with a party of six - someone always would need something and would have to wait. Not sure what was going on, as the restaurant was pretty dead. Maybe she was watching the football game.

I would go here again, but would not suggest it to a friend. If someone else wanted to eat here though, I would be willing to give it another try.

• Visited January 2013