“Mixed Review” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The Great American Grille offers a casual atmosphere where you can enjoy a meal with a group or at a quiet table near our fireplace. We offer a variety of traditional American dishes, but prepare them with a unique twist that we are sure you will enjoy. We also offer a Breakfast Buffet daily and a Prime Rib Buffet on weekends, featuring some of our Chef's best dishes. Reservations are not needed, but are suggested for weekends and for large parties. Remember, all of our great food is also available for take out. Stop by and enjoy a bowl of the award winning chili proudly served by the Great American Grille.
Tioga, Pennsylvania
“Mixed Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel and ate at this restaurant 4 times. We had the breakfast buffet twice. This is a buffet that you would typically find at a Homewood suites where they offer the same breakfast for free. However, the buffet was inexpensive so I can't complain. There was a wide variety of breakfast foods and liked the hot oatmeal offered. We ordered dinner off of the regular menu and I had the crab cakes, which I thought were pretty good. The zucchini/squash were excellent and loaded with garlic. They also have some unique potato offerings. My husband had the beef tips, which he enjoyed. On Friday night we had the seafood buffet. At first we were disappointed in the crab legs, as ours were cold and dry, but as a new batch came out they were a bit better. They did a good job stocking them. The rest of the buffet was so-so. My dessert, which was cake was very dry and hard. By that time though we were pretty full, so there was no use in complaining about that. Overall, we would eat here again out of convenience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kristy L, Manager at The Great American Grille, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I am very pleased to hear you were happy with the amount of offerings on our breakfast buffet and with your dinner choices. I will share your comments with our culinary team. We strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations. Sounds like we may have fallen short during your visit. If you are in the area again, I hope you give us another try. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me, Kristy Leggore Restaurant Manager at 717-469-0661 ext 549. Thank you for taking the time write about your recent visit to The Great American Grille.

Wilmington, Delaware
“What a Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

It was my mother's birthday and she wanted to go to this restaurant, because she and my father would frequent it after church on Sundays. I thought ok, it's her choice, but told my kids not to expect a great meal. I was pleasantly surprised!!!! I was really hungry for seafood, realizing a hotel chain is not the place to get it, and I ordered the seared scallops with asparagus and risotto. It was delicious!!! Really.... My son got the spare ribs, which fell off the bone and my daughter the steamed clams. Mom ordered beef tips and thought they were great (I was too full to try them). Our server Sherrie was great and couldn't be nicer. I told her to please tell the chef (I found out his name was Andrew) how great our meal was and that, although I wasn't excited about coming, I would definitely come back when I was in the area. Our meal was a wonderful surprise!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
matt_F_and_B, General Manager at The Great American Grille, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for all of the kind words and taking time to post your comment. We appreciate your patronage and are glad that you are planning to return. I will pass your comments on to both Andrew and Sherri. They work very hard to make sure our guests have a great experience. I am glad we exceeded your expectations.

Newark, Delaware
“directing comments to a kid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

after getting up early because of my 9yo having s cold , We went down to the lobby to check out the travel brochures . I asked my daughter if she was hungry and that the Resturant is open now . We started to walk in to eat . We were dressed However my daughter only had socks on she forgot her shoes...wasn't in her barefeet . The Hostess directed her comments to my daughter Telling her she had to leave and not to come back without shoes ....I was shocked in the manner they directed there comments and in the tone it was to her . In the future direct your request to me ...Dad NOT MY KID !

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience. I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our team members to ensure that future comments are directed to parents and their children for similar situations. It was not our intent to offend you in anyway. Please except our sincerest apologies.

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Great and Friendly Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I Just wanted to say that our group of people - from the Milton Hershey Alumnus Home Coming - visiting for the Weekend. Our group always, for the past several years, stop into the Hotel for their Sunday Brunch and it was my first time doing it with the group this year. Our Server, Theresa did an outstanding job. She was very friendly, great smile and went out of her way to make us feel at home and made the dining experience very enjoyable. I also heard she only works on Sunday's, well she is a great asset to your hotel Restaurant and would highly recommend hiring her full time if that was possible. I know she should remember our group - we were the funny group in the back (3 couple and myself- 9/29/2013). One of our members, because we were so impress with her personality and again great service that he made his tip into a shape of a turtle.

I am Victor my contact is vlelii.mpo@gmail.com

matt_F_and_B, General Manager at The Great American Grille, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Victor L:

Thanks you for all of the kind words regarding both Theresa and our Sunday Brunch at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey. Theresa is a long time team member and personal friend who always goes out of her way to exceed expectations. I am please that you enjoyed her hospitality and our food offerings. Thank you for your patronage while attending homecoming at MHS and again thank for you taking the time to comment about your experience.

Sincerely
WILLIAMSPORT
“The service was good, the food average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

For a place located in a Holiday Inn it was not bad. The service was good, the food was just average. For breakfast it would be fine.

Visited May 2013
matt_F_and_B, General Manager at The Great American Grille, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your experience in the Great American Grille. I appreciate the positive comments regarding service. I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations concerning the food. I have shared your comments with our culinary team. I know that we can improve in this area and are endeavoring to improve all areas of the dining experience daily. Again, thank you for providing your comments and for your patronage.