“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Station Road, I-81 at exit 80, Grantville, PA 17028   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Grantville
Austin, Texas
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel was awful. The room smelled dingy. The service was awful. The attendant at night was wearing a hoody, and his pants were worn in the "gangster" fashion (with them hanging down below his rear end). It was a very unprofessional environment. I'm a loyal Comfort Suites person. This is NOT worthy of the Comfort Suites name. It should be downgraded to an Econo Lodge, if that.

Stayed October 2013

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beaver Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just got back from another stay at the Comfort Suites, as usual the room was clean and comfortable. We arrived early, but the staff was friendly and left us check in right away. Close to the casino and a few places to eat. Will stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice people but the room was cold and extremely noisy. The interstate seemed to run through our room all night. Hard beds and two hours sleep . Never again. For a hundred and thirty five dollars no bargain at all. We just can't recommend this place at all.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sulphur, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very clean and quiet.We normally stay at choice hotels and they are a great value.We were going to Hershey and it was close to it.Room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable.Breakfast was hot and fresh.Would stay again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's becoming a yearly trip for me and a friend to travel to Hershey and Grantville. The Comfort Suites is always quiet and clean. The hotel is just off I-81, but we've never had a noise issue. We enjoy the hot breakfast and are happy to return every fall. The staff is friendly and helpful, too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

So I book this hotel with doubt after reading all the negative reviews simply because I usually stay at comfort suites when I am out of town. The hotel itself is sort of old but beside that everything was good. Our room was large and and very clean. There was no odor but then I always bring my freshener for my rooms. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful in telling us where to eat and how to get there. Breakfast area is small so we had to wait for table buy that was not a problem. Will definite stay again if I am in that area. I found that all reviews are not truthful and everyone will not have or see the problems someone else encounter. If the price is right check place out for yourself. Just one thing do not I mean under no condition follow your GPS direction to hotel.Call to get direction from hotel. My GPS took me on a road that hills went up and down like a roller coaster and through of all things a cemetery. When I told the clerk about this she laugh and said that the way the GPS take all guests. Don't know why when 81 is within a mile of hotel. But hotel itself was cool.

Room Tip: I was in room 315 facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Agawam, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked this online on the choice hotels site as an overnight stay on our way home from vacation. It appeared to be a little older then some if the comfort suites I had stayed in but very well maintained. My only negative would be that the beds were double and not queen. We are not large people but still had to get a good night’s sleep in double beds. It was very clean, front desk was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good. It is just a few minutes from the Casino which is why we choose it. We were able to spend a couple hours at the casino to break up our trip home.

Room Tip: if there are only 2 of you choose the king size bed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!