“What I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Station Road, I-81 at exit 80, Grantville, PA 17028   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Grantville
Schaumburg, Illinois
“What I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I made a lat minute reservation for the Hershey park area on a budget. $89 fr room with 2 doubles.
Staff was very friendly. Room decor was dated but room was clean and serviceable.
Location was only 7 miles from park and the short drive was well worth the savings from some closer hotels.
Coffe was good in breakfast bar
Good place to crash for a visit to Hershey area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
We couldn’t thank you enough for choosing to stay with us, and making the effort to write down the things you have appreciated during your stay. It is indeed our goal to give our guests a memorable experience while giving them the best value for their money. The inspiration you have given us to constantly seek to improve is our sole motivation to work harder than hard. We hope that we may be able to be of service to you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I agree with some of the reviews about cleanliness - we had to have our trash can replaced because it had some sort of nasty fluid inside, the cleaning staff obviously missed that one. Overall the hotel was so-so, not great but not terrible. If you need a place to stay it's okay - as long as you're a hard sleeper. This property is right next to the interstate and road noise was horrible. I'm a light sleeper and barely slept both nights we were there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us, and it means a lot to us to know that you have made an effort to inform us of the things we may need to improve to better our services in total. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and pin pointing the deficiency you found with regards to our maintenance of cleanliness. Rest assured that such matters will be evaluated accordingly and be given prompt actions so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more and we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our stay here in late June 2013 was awful. We checked in on a Wednesday evening (the desk staff was polite) and found our room on the 3rd floor to be dirty, smelly and generally disgusting. The couches were stained. There were stains on the carpet, stains on the bedding, hairs in the bedding, and I even get a photo of a bed bug! I was able to catch the bedbug in a bag and took it to the front desk. Also, the in-room safe did not work.

We called the front desk and they sent someone up to clean the room. The man they sent up barely spoke English but did tell us there were no more sheets available, and if there were, he didn’t know where they were. So we went down to the front desk to try and switch rooms. The 2nd room they gave us did not have a working safe, and since we did not feel comfortable leaving our laptops unlocked in our room, we requested yet another room. We finally ended up in a room on the 4th floor. It seemed clean enough, but still smelled.

During this process I actually called the Choice Hotels help desk, as I thought being a Choice Privileges member might help, and since I booked the 3-night hotel stay online through choicehotels.com, they might be able to move us to another hotel. The help desk actually said they would not move us to another hotel, we have to deal with this one, and we could not receive any refund.

In addition to the dirty, smelly rooms, their indoor heated pool and hot tub was not as advertised. The Pool water was not heated, and the hot tub didn’t even have water in it!

Overall, this was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had – and I’ve booked hundreds, if not thousands of rooms at hotels over the past 2 decades. Choice Hotels just lost a customer who books many, many hotel nights every year. –And definitely stay away from this specific hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are deeply sorry to hear that you have been put through such a very upsetting and inconvenient experience following your recent stay with us. Please know that such matters will be seriously taken into consideration and be thoroughly assessed and evaluated so that such instances will be avoided in the future. Room accommodation, its functionality and cleanliness in total will undergo meticulous assessment so that correction of deficiencies will be better implemented. We sincerely hope that we may be given another chance to give you a far better experience very soon.
Porter, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My 2 daughters and I ended up at this hotel because it was the host hotel chosen by their dance team based on price and location to Hershey. When we arrived the first night I refused to take my shoes off in the room and found clothing in the room from the previous occupants. My youngest daughter coughed (only in the hotel) consistently for our 4 night stay. At first I thought she may be coming down with a cold, but later determined it was because of the mold! The room in the lowest level where they practiced their dance routines had mold growing up the walls! The hot tub was still out of service as well as 2 of the 3 sinks in the lobby restroom. Vending machines were still empty or out of order. There is no question that this hotel needs attention that it is not getting! Spend your $ elsewhere! VERY disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It has always been our goal to make the stay of our guests as pleasant as possible; we are however very sorry for our shortcomings and for failing to give you a pleasantly memorable experience to remember. Thank you for making us aware of the needed improvements and you can be assured that we will definitely sort the issue with cleanliness and sanitation so that we may avoid such matters to ever occur again. We hope that this will not deter you from giving us another chance should you ever revisit the area again.
Clifton Park, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed in Comfort Suites in other cities....this was one of the poorest maintained hotels for this chain. Front desk staff was friendly and quick to check us in, but it was downhill from there. We stayed for 2 days to attend a concert in Hershey Stadium. The ice machine on our floor did not work. The elevator was so hot we opted to take the stairs when not carrying any luggage. The AC couldn't be adjusted in our room. Thank goodness it was at a comfortable level. The vending sign on the main floor was broken off and there was wall paper peeling in the laundry area. We used the pullout couch the first night...when we went to remake the bed the 2nd night we found only 1 sheet was left and not the 2 we had used the night before. Breakfast was fine..no complaints other than if you don't get there early, there is alot of items gone. This was not a cheap rate for the room...highly disappointed for what I paid compared to what I got. I'll search for something better next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We sincerely value the comfort of our guests, which is why we are thankful for the constructive feedback you have given us for it gives us a chance to better serve you. Although it is troubling to hear that we have fallen short in meeting you expectations, we wish to let you know that this serves as our motivation to correct the deficiencies you’ve pointed out regarding the hotel upkeep in total. We are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you, and such matters will be evaluated accordingly to so that we can ensure your utmost comfort next time. We hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again, and we hope to see you soon.
Hpa An, Myanmar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel in this desolate area with my family of 5, I am already "skeeved" by the outside appearance of the hotel. Reluctantly I check in and proceed with caution to my room taking note of the overwhelming smell of pool chemicals in the lobby. I am greeted at the door with the most horrendous smell eminating from the room. I can barely walk over the threshold of the door because of the stench when I notice the beds appear to have been used. I immediately high tail it out of the room and try to find another hotel to stay in, completely ready to eat the money already paid for on this place through Expedia. Being that the July 4th holiday is tomorrow and most hotels require 2 rooms to accomodate my family size of course there is not another single reputable place to stay. So my husband requests another room for our family to stay in. This room also smells (not nearly as bad as the first) and has its own unique flaws. Where to begin....Maybe the blood splatter on the wall in between the two beds or the curtains that are hanging by a thread and don't completely shut or maybe the comforter cover that has dark stains of some sort (once removed the comforter also has stains of either fruit punch or lipstick). Did I mention that the light switches on both bedside lights have been ripped off so there is no light in the bed area. This has got to be the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to. I've stayed in budget hotels back in my college days that, compared to this place, looked like the Taj Mahal. Run, run quickly in the opposite direction of this place. I'm beside myself that my family has to spend the night here. Will be cutting our vacation short just so I don't have to stay two nights in this sorry excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for giving us a chance to improve and excel in the delivery of our services by bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us a feedback, we are however sincerely sorry for falling short in meeting your expectations. We understand that your concern with the unpleasant smell and the cleanliness in total have made your stay disappointing and inconvenient. We wish to let you know that we will continually seek to correct our deficiencies so that we may serve you better. We sincerely hope that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again next time.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you are a family on a budget visiting Hershey Park, this is a good place to stay if you get a rate under $100. If they don't have any cheap rates, I recommend paying a little extra and staying closer to the park (this is 7 miles away, and you do NOT want to be driving these country roads at night if you are not used to them!)

We spent 3 nights here with our kids last week because the rates were low and breakfast was included. We checked in to our room to find no soap! One day the maids also forgot to leave toilet paper! Definitely less than stellar service, but I will say that the room was clean, comfortable, spacious, and had good air conditioning, all essential for our family and what matters the most.

The breakfast, on the other hand, was pure chaos. Not enough spaces to sit, hardly any food out, long lines to make waffles, very poor air conditioning, and very crabby staff. We got smart after the first day, however, and went down by 7:30 and avoided all of those problems. It is a shame, however, that you can't sleep in a little late on vacation AND have a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid the end of the halls near the doors that slam all day. Also avoid rooms near the elevator, whe...