“silly rules” 2 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Grantville, Pennsylvania
“silly rules”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

If your a wife of a poker player... Stay away from here. No one is allowed to sit and watch if your not playing. Which is silly because I can go to any casino and sit in the poker room in Atlantic city and watch for hours.. This makes for a bad trip. other then that it seems like a nice place. Hold your breath outside, smells like your on a farm.

Belleville, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
“Had no idea this place even was there, really nice !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was totally impressed with Hollywood Casino. It was very clean, tons of new slot machines. The place inside were we each had egg omelette's was very good and priced right. Only negative is that they keep the lights to dim in the casino.

ithaca,ny
20 attraction reviews
“I like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Visited the Hollywood Casino on my way down to NC for a family trip. I had planned to pull of the road for a couple of hours just to rest, but when I saw the "Hollywood Casino" sign just about rest-time, I decided, "Why not?"
I found the casino easily enough (less than a mile from I-81) and pulled into the free parking area. Didn't have any real expectations, but was pleasantly surprised.
The casino is large enough to offer all the latest games, yet small enough to find your way around easily. My over-all best impression of the place was that it was extremely clean! No messy spilled drinks on the machines, no over-flowing ashtrays, barely a hint of smoke in the place.
I had moderate luck....left only $20 lighter in the wallet after 2 hours of playing slots, which I think is better than average. During that two hours I also had four sodas delivered to me by freindly wait staff, so drink service seemed good.
I left feeling refreshed and having my gambling jones fulfilled.
I'd go again.

State College, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
“The Experience is Better than the Winnings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have a problem. I love casino buffets basically more than anything, ever. That said, I visit many casinos. At this casino I ate at the buffet and spent some time at the slots. For starters, this is a mirror image of the Charles Town Races and Casino in Charles Town, WV. It's such a copy that the buffets at both are called "Epic Buffet."

After two visits to their Epic Buffet, what they do best is prime rib and their Asian selections. Dessert is great too, but it's hard to mess up dessert! Weeknight and early bird rates are also only $14.99 (as of the writing of this review), which is pretty decent!

As for the slots, I was disappointed. I put my money into the machine and never even got the thrill of small wins to keep me going. I'd say the slots would work for people with a gambling problem, but I and the folks with me, all on different machines taking different denominations, all got discouraged fast--faster than at any other casino I've ever played at. The machine's got to give a little back to keep people in the game and gambling longer!

When in the area in the future, I may come back for the buffet or to sit at the bar, but I think I'll wait to go somewhere else to bet my money.

Visited May 2011
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“hollywood casino sweepstakes rip-off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We moved near this casino 6 weeks ago and have been going about 2x a week. I can tell you the best day to go (for us) is Fridays. The slots seem to be looser after 10pm. We have been playing too much, trying to rack up entries on our clubmembers card for a car give away. We were told the more u play, the more entries for the car u get. We had over 1500 entries each. I know.. we have been playing a little too much!! The rules were on the night of the give away, u had to be playing with your club members card in a slot machine at least 15 min. before each hour. 5 finalists were called at the top of each hour. This was from 6pm - 10pm. A few of the finalists they called were not even there and some others had no I.D. with them and knew nothing about the car give away. So what I am trying to say is.. they tricked us into playing the whole month of March with the promise of extra entries that made no difference what so ever! It was just a random drawing!! That is just wrong!! Now I know casino slots, for the most part, are a rip-off But, I think the give aways should be fair. We wont be going there again!! I will recommend this casino for playing the slots but don't trust them for the prize give aways!

Visited March 2011