“Clean but noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey Area

and 1 more site!
You added Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey Area to your Saves list
Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7965 Jonestown Road, Grantville, PA 17112 (Formerly Ramada Limited Hershey Harrisburg)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Grantville
Central Square, New York
“Clean but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The motel is VERY clean. The rooms need updating but are spotless. I stayed on the third floor but it looked like the first floor rooms had been updated. My biggest complaint was the noise. I could hear every door open and close. You could people in the hall talking and they weren't being loud just normal voices. The air conditioner worked great. Older televisions are in the rooms, but the rooms are a good size. The water pressure in the shower is nothing more than a trickle. I didn't use the indoor pool but it looked like families were using it everytime I went by. The staff was very efficient and friendly. If they update the motel it will be very nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of a hallway so you don't hear all the noise. If you have a pet the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a not so pleasant room, like I said the only good thing about this motel was the manager Wes Moore, our bathroom was deplorable, unfortunately this motel needs an overhaul from top to bottom. The pool area smelled of heavy chlorine in the pool and the sliding doors did not open to get any kind of air in, also the kitchen area (counters, coffee machine) was not in the greatest shape. The manager Wes, helped us out tremendously and thanks to him we enjoyed our trip and our hotel stay. This man was a pleasure to deal with and he should be given a raise. Everything was so outdated, even the tv's need to be changed and beds were hard and nothing to the pillows.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gilford, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Motel 6 chain sure has changed if my stay was any indication at all of that. When we checked in there were kids running through the lobby unattended (at 10:30pm) and the lobby reeked of chlorine. When we walked into the room the first thing that greeted us was some type of bug maybe a half inch long crawling up the wall with pinchers on its behind! The bathroom sink had mold on the grout, something either blood or BBQ sauce was splashed on the walls on the wall near the bed and in the bathroom and the set up for the room was supposed to be for 4 people but only had 3 bath towels so my son & I had to share a towel after our showers! The room overall needs a REALLY GOOD cleaning but nothing major. Sheets and pillowcases were clean but the pillows were flat and uncomfortable. Good place if you just need some sleep and a shower. Not sure if I would come back again - we were on vacation and would have liked something a bit nicer but during the 150th Anniversary of Gettysburg we couldn't be picky. Moving on to a a Sheraton for the rest of our week!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bealeton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

it was clean and cheap. with the basics... The staff seemed friendly and helpful. Helped with directions well. i would stay here again. I arrived late and the parking lot was well lighted. Felt reasonable safe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Canton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

well my husband decided to drive farther north from our usual stop @ exit 61;Heading back to CT. Wrong idea.
He pulled in, Paid $61.05 total for the night. how did he sleep - just ok. Got up @ 4:30 to take a shower - dribbles. So he did a sink wash up . Went to the front desk to tell the night person - he was sound asleep. left his "key" and off he went.
Next time he drives, he'll stay at our usual @ exit 61, there we pay about the same price, get a good night sleep and a minimal, "get you on the road" continental breakfast.
Don't leave the light on for us anymore.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

All I look for is clean.. And I don't want to fill like the room was filled with pets.. I don't really like pet friendly hotels.. It makes me itch.. This is my second time here.. I would stay again.. It dies need little maintenance work.. (Only cause I used to manage hotels.. I noticed little things) this used to be a laquinta I think.. Or some big chain.. So it's pretty decent..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paju, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had been traveling around the country for the past two weeks when I tried to get a room at the Harrisburg Motel 6 at 2am. The receptionist informed me that there were no rooms available as there was a wrestling tournament the next day.

I continued driving towards Hershey. It was now 2:30am. I met the night manager, Les Moore and he was very welcoming, professional, and friendly. He was quick with the check-in and even walked to another hotel to get me a map of the area. He gave me directions to Hershey park. My son forgot a bag downstairs and he personally brought it up and brought the baggage cart downstairs.

The rooms were spacious and had a micro-fridge. Not exactly modern rooms, but clean and very comfortable. We got two rooms with a connecting door which was nice. There was coffee, juice, and a microwave available 24/7.

I was so impressed with his treatment of my family and me that I tipped him and let him know how much I appreciated his efforts. The next day we toured Hershey Chocolate World and took the free tour ride. I bought some packaged chocolate for my family. If you are in the Hershey area, check out this hotel. If you are in Tuscaloosa, avoid the Motel 6 there as it was a nightmare (and I have stayed in awful motels before).

Room Tip: Talk to Mr. Moore the receptionist. He is a wonderful person
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey Area? Share your experiences!