“ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE STAYS WE HAVE EXPERIENCED” 5 of 5 stars
Review of After Eight Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added After Eight Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
After Eight Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2942 Lincoln Hwy East, Gordonville, PA 17529   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Gordonville B&B and Inns
Melville, New York
“ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE STAYS WE HAVE EXPERIENCED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

This place is the cleanest most comfortable you could want. It has all the amenities, and a congenial, very helpful, and knowlegeable host who makes himself available to answer any questions, or fulfilling your requests to make your stay more pleasant. The best part is that he does this with a sense of personal satisfaction for making the guests comfortable, satisfied, and feeling at home. The breakfasts are fabulous, sumptuous, and Bob caters to reasonable special needs and requests without a problem. All this with a warm comfortable atmosphere, and a sense of humor that makes Bob the ideal host, and gives you the desire to return to "After Eight".

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bethpage, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

My wife and I, and another couple, just returned from another wonderful 5 day stay at the After Eight B&B. The owner, Robert, is the most gracious and easygoing host of any B&B we have ever stayed at. He has a terrific sense of humor and loves to interact with the guests. All I can say about the gourmet breakfasts, which Robert prepares personally, is that they are delicious and plentiful and beyond what you would expect. The bedrooms and common areas are furnished with antiques and are spotlessly clean.

It is so conveniently located, close to shopping, restaurants and Lancaster County attractions, as well as the bucolic scenes of Amish farms. This was our 7th stay in three years at After Eight and we are already planning our next visit. We have recommended this B&B to family and friends and will continue to do so.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

My boyfriend took me to the After Eight Bed and Breakfast for my birthday. We stayed for 3 days in October... which we both agreed was not long enough. Let's just say this was the best birthday present I've ever received. If visiting or traveling through Lancaster, I would recommend you stay no where else but the After Eight Bed and Breakfast. I've never stayed somewhere so clean. The bedrooms, dining area, and common rooms were spotless. Each room had a unique personality and the antique décor/furniture was just gorgeous...not to mention, comfortable. Waking up to a view of the cows and horses in the field of an Amish farm right behind the B&B was just icing on the cake.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was starting the day off with an unbelievably delicious gourmet breakfast (my favorite was the pineapple french toast) cooked by the host, Robert. At the end of the meal when you're full and satisfied, as if the food weren't delicious enough, he provides some light entertainment in the form of interactive jokes , funny stories, and some historical background of the area. A great way to start the day.
The After Eight Bed and Breakfast is in the perfect location, central to all the Lancaster attractions you could ever want to see. Robert really goes out of his way to make your stay as enjoyable as can be. He knew everything there was to do in the area. Every attraction, restaurant, shopping center. He even provided coupons for almost every place we went to eat. I would definitely recommend going to the flea market and Kitchen Kettle Village. Also, if you're a fan of soft pretzels... actually, even if you aren't a fan of soft pretzels, you must try Immergut's hand-rolled soft pretzels! When my boyfriend and I were tired after running around Lancaster, we'd relax to the soft music playing in the common area of the B&B and work on the massive puzzle or play a game.
Don't know how anyone could argue against this being the best place to stay in Lancaster/Paradise, PA.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

There's not much to do in the neighborhood.
This bed&breakfast was alright but the owner definitely had an attitude. It's located by the highway so expect a nice view of trucks passing by at night. It's a possible choice to stay in Amish country but I wouldn't return there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

my wife and i got married in June of 2010. we stayed at After Eight B&B at the end of October 2010. My wife and I had tickets to Sight and Sound. She gave me the go ahead to choose the B&B. There are a lot of B&B's in the Lancaster area. I liked the pictures from After Eight's website and i took a chance. It was a hard choice. After Eight made me look good as a new husband. We had a great time. If you are looking for a B&B in the Lancaster and beyond area, choose After Eight!

Robert the keeper of After Eight was very friendly, funny and extremely informative about what to do for food, fun and relaxation. Our room was well maintained, very comfortable and relaxing. There are two sitting rooms downstairs, an amazing kitchen and dining area. Robert provides board games, cards, puzzles, great snacks and free beverages. The view of the backyard is a true Lancaster painting. The breakfast he provided each morning was grade A. My wife and I even purchased the cook book he and about 40+ other Lancaster B&B's put together. We are looking forward to making for our family what Robert made for us. Robert makes you feel at home. His cookies are amazing. After Eight might be the only B&B we ever go to now.

After Eight is right off the road. It was great because of the convenience to go places. Our room was close to the road and we could barely hear the traffic.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Rahway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

This is the most beautiful B&B.....this is a very clean place, the food is great, the InnKeeper makes you feel very much at home.....he is just wonderful . I tell all my friends
this is the only place I would stay when in Lancaster, Pa.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Robert is a phenomenal host that knows the area very well. The location is great.
The B&B is perfect and the food excellent

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to After Eight Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!