“Please don't go... you might take my weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eby Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gordonville
Eby Farm Bed & Breakfast
You added Eby Farm Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
459A Queen Road, 345 Belmont Road, Gordonville, PA   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Gordonville B&B and Inns
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Please don't go... you might take my weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Joyce and Mel Eby, along with Mike and Lynette, are the most amazing hosts. We finally figured out how to really experience Lancaster and booked another weekend before we left. Breakfast was delicious and the farm experience was a highlight for my kids. The covered bridge and the animals kept everyone entertained- definitely something for all ages. Be sure to inquire about the Amish meal. I miss the Eby's already!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This is our 5th trip to the Amish country and 3rd stay at a farm. This was my favorite place to stay, no contest. It's very relaxing and private. Lynette serves (delicious)breakfast to each family separately, so you only socialize if you want to. Lynette and Mike are always available to answer your questions or to give you any supplies you need, but they are completely inobtrusive. Coming from the suburbs, always surrounded by people, we really appreciated that.

The property is gorgeous, and there's a large area where kids can just run on their own and play with kittens or on the playground. We used to let them out at 6:30 AM and just sleep in! You can't really find that anywhere. The rooms are old, but very clean, and considering all the mud and animals on the property it's amazing how well the house is kept up. The kids (4, 8 and 11) had a blast and we got our much needed relaxation and fresh air. We've had some really fancy vacations over the last couple of years, but this was truly the hardest place for me to leave. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

We thought our girls (ages 3 and 5) would love milking cows and feeding a calf at Eby Farm. They liked that well enough, but they really loved playing with the kittens outside and feeding the mules next door. They got to play with other kids at this working farm/B&B, and gobbled up the barnyard-animal shaped waffles Miss Joyce made them for breakfast. For my wife and me, what we really appreciated was the beautiful and quiet countryside (while still being relatively close to Dutch Wonderland), Miss Joyce's flower garden, the covered bridge right outside (albeit a bit noisy when the horse-drawn Amish buggies rolled through it), and the Ebys' friendliness. As long as you don't mind staying in guest rooms in the basement of someone's home instead of a traditional hotel, this is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

My husband, 3 year old daughter and I decided to take a 3 day vacation in Lancaster, PA. I came across Eby's Bed and Breakfast on the Internet. We had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before and didn't know what to expect. Although it rained for 2 out of the 3 days we were there, we had a wonderful experience. We stayed at the Cape Cod in the Melody room. It was very peaceful and cozy. Very pretty country decorated room with pictures and knick knacks that made us feel so at home. Something you would never experience in a hotel. My daughter liked to play in the den area. There were plenty of toys for her to play with there. She loved milking the cows, She also played with kittens and dogs among the other animals. We LOVED watching the horse and buggies go by constantly. We could watch them right out of our bedroom window. It was really fascinating for us. I miss hearing the clippity clop of the horses going by now that I am back at home. Joyce and Mel were the nicest people we have ever met. Their hospitality exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was wonderful and Joyce was so kind to make homemade waffles in the shape of cows for my daughter. The day after we returned from vacation my daughter was already asking us to take her to see "Miss Joyce". We are definitely going back when the weather warms up and will be taking others with us to enjoy the same experience we had.

• Liked — Great hospitality. Cozy room with a great view.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Weirton WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My fiancee, my 2 year old son, and myself recently met my girlfriend, her husband, and 2 sons ages 4 and 5 at the farm for a long weekend. We loved it. The farm, a working farm daily, allowed us to take part in the milking of cows and feeding of the animals. The rooms very private and quiet surrounding make for a great, relaxing stay. You have access to you own kitchen, where breakfast is served to you each morning, the food is great! You also have your own bathroom in each room and a sitting room. A great get together place. Nice large yard, on site fishing, and tons of firlflies made it great for the kids. The surrounding area is within minutes allowing easy traveling to everything you need to see. Definately take in the Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park and Dine on The Strasburg Dine A Car-both are real fun for the kids. Thanks to Joyce and her husband for the experience-we will be back!

Stayed June 2008
Centereach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

I arranged for my family to meet at this bed & Breakfast for a family weekend. My Mom, the brothers, their wives and all of the kids, ranging from 3-21 years old all came to "the farm" for a peaceful weekend in the country.

There are two houses that act as B&B's on the farm, the original farmhouse and the modern Cape Cod. My family rented the Cape Cod and we loved it. A true farm experience. The kids loved it... they got to milk cows and feed 1 day old calves... It was in the heart of Lancaster, PA so we had lots to do. We had the Amish culture all around us although the hosts were not among them... They were Mennonites, which I had never even heard of prior to the trip. Joyce was the main host who made us breakfast and led the "farm activities." She was a lovely woman and very hospitable. We all felt very comfortable in the house.

It is a beautiful house (the Cape Cod) and we were able to use the kitchen and den each night, uninterrupted. There was a beautifully landscaped backyard, with pond and Gazebo (watch out for huge spiders...) a Trampoline for the kids, corn fields for miles and an old covered bridge on the street just at the corner of the property. If you sat outside, it would be very likely to see the local Amish families in their Horse and buggies passing by. Exactly the picture you would imagine in a Farm stay B&B. The Cape Cod was a modern house and further away from the actual barn... if you want the most authentic experience, you may request the farm house... I thought I might have wanted that house when I first looked at their web-site but was glad we stayed in the Cape, after all... The Farm house was quaint and had country appeal, but was right next to the barn and the working dairy area...

The rooms at the Cape were average; no TV's, but you shouldn't want to watch TV while here anyway... My room was the prettiest of all and Joyce advised that this was the room where she like to put Honeymooners. It was the "Melody room" and had a bigger bathroom with a two-person Jacuzzi tub. The other three rooms my family took were all connecting both to the back-yard and the den/kitchen. The only complaint I heard anyone make was that the bed was creaky and loud... Otherwise, the whole lot was satisfied and our expectations were met and exceeded in a lot of ways.

Also, if you go, make time one night to eat at Miller's Smorgasbord... A really well rounded, all you can eat buffet... and make a reservation because everyone seems to know about this place. I am still craving the bread pudding.

Thanks to Joyce for providing us with a great Farm Experience!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2003

I was looking forward to visiting Ebys cap cod after hearing so many beautiful things about it. When i arrived it was more than i expected.
It was like being set free in the country and not having to worry about anything. Joyce was wonderful, friendly and a great breakfast cook. She is a God loving person and i admired that. The rooms are lovely, clean and peaceful. She has a great backyard (acres of land) swings, gazebo, and trampoline . You can feed some of the animals on the farm which is great. Joyce is very helpful in letting you know what and where you can go to have a nice time. Thank you Joyce for the best getaway i could ever have. Sandra

Been to Eby Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!