“NEVER, EVER Will Stay Here Again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

You added Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19331 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordville - Brandywine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Glen Mills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“NEVER, EVER Will Stay Here Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was at this hotel to attending a conference and this stay was a two-night experiment in terror! The hotel caters to many weddings per weekend and allowed the drunken guests to roam naked in the hallways at night (literally), yell, scream, and call the rooms of guests that were complaining about their noise between 2:30 am and 4:30 am to harass them. The hotel was also oblivious to the strong smell of marijuana coming from these guest rooms!

To add insult to injury the walls were so thin you could hear the person in the room next to you talking in a normal tone of voice, so you can imagine what else could be heard. The hotel had not one working ice machine, the breakfast was horrible and the manager could care less when I asked to have my two-night stay refunded.

The day I departed, I asked to speak with the general manager. I was told he would not be in until Monday so I left my contact information with note indicating I wanted to speak with him about my stay. It's been 6 days since I checked out and I haven't heard a word. Just shameful!

Room Tip: From speaking with other guests who ALL experienced this same debauchery, there doesn't seem to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I will make sure to use your review as a training tool for myself and my staff. When your initial complaint made to my front desk agent I contacted you via phone as soon as I was made aware of the situation. We discussed in length your complaints about your refrigerator in your room. the ice machines, bed comfort, and noise. At which time I offered to have one of my engineers come to your room and look both at the mattress and the refrigerator. (which you refused) I also explained that all the mattresses in the room are new Serta Perfect Hospitality mattresses not even a year old. I apologized for the issues with the ice machines and had my engineer inspect them. While the 5th floor Ice machine was out of ice, the remaining 2 on the 4th and 3rd floors were both functioning correctly.

As far as your noice complaints we did address each one on the evening in question both by calling the room and having our night manager go to each room in order to quiet the guests down. Also, any smoking in guests rooms were assessed a $250 smoking fee. I am sorry that this was a disturbance to your stay and I did issue a 25% adjustment off of your entire stay because of the inconveinence. I did speak with you directly and let you know I would be issuing an adjustment. Finally; I did receive your note stating you would be contacting our corporate office and "Rattling as many cages as possible" but it in no way stated you would like me to contact you. As such once corporate is involved all correspondance must go through them.

I am sorry that we will not see you back again when this group returns next year. And while there were a number of different social events taking place on the weekend in question with it seems that the majority of our guests had positive experiences. I am sorry that your experience was the exception to this and should you wish to speak with me further I can be reached at (610) 358 1700 x2131.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at the Wyndham Garden for several months on a business assignment. I have never met such a customer-focused General Manager as Jon Beretsky. Noisy AC unit - no problem; by the time I came back from work, the equipment was replaced. An extra dresser - no problem; a brand new dresser was delivered to me in the evening. A noisy event in one of the banquet rooms - no subsequent; for the next event I was given a room far away from the banquet rooms. The list goes on.

This was my first experience with the Wyndham brand and I will certainly consider this brand for any future business stays. Of course, I do not expect to be again presented with such an outstanding General Manager, but Wyndham Gardens is now on my hotel brand list.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and while I am humbled by the comments regarding me specifically I do think you will find the same level of dedication and commitment to service at all Wyndham Garden, Wyndham and Wyndham Grand properties across the globe. Our guests are tantamount to the success of our hotel and we as a brand understand that.

Thank you for mentioning the little things we did to make our Extended Stay more comfortable. I know that traveling away from family and friends can be difficult for a few short weeks let alone a number of months. As such we try to make our home yours for the durration of your stay with us.

Again thank you for all of your wonderful words about my property here in Glen Mills, PA and I hope that should your business require your services here in the future you will not hesitate to call me at (610) 358 1700 x2131.
Bemidji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was a nice hotel. We had a queen suite, which is great for being able to sit and watch TV when staying for an extended period of time. The breakfast was good but a little spendy if it isn't included in you room price. We were a little disappointed that neither the hot tube nor the pool were in use. Being from the north we forgot they would be outside.

• Stayed March 2014
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our facility. I am glad that you enjoyed 1 of our Queen Jr. Suites. It is nice to have a seperate sitting area from the sleeping space especially when you are staying for a longer period of time.

As far as your comments about the pool; I am sorry that it was closed for the season but it will re-open over the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend.

Please feel free to contact me directly should your travels bring you back to the Glen Mills, PA area in the future and I will take care of your reservations personally. I can be reached at (610) 358 1700 x2131. Thank you again for your review!
St. Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Everyone treated us very well. The hotel itself was also nice, as it had just been renovated. Great place to stay, I would recommend it! We also had great interaction with the GM, who is fabulous. This hotel really shows that they care about you. 5 stars!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
WOW! Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Wyndham Garden Glen Mills-Wilmington. I am so glad we were able to assit you on your visit to PA and I hope that in the not too distant future you will be back in our neck of the woods. Both myself and my staff truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property and I am humbled by the mention of mylsef in your review.

I am glad we were able to make sure a good impression and I hope that if your travels do bring you back to our area you will contact me directly at (610) 358 1700 x2131. Have a wonderful and safe 2014!

Been to Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington? Share your experiences!