“Knowledgeable Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

You added Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19331 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordville - Brandywine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Glen Mills
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Knowledgeable Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at Wyndham Garden in Glen Mills PA over night with my family. The front desk staff was very kind. Our room was perfect for our family. We were pleased in the morning with the breakfast. There were many options for us to have. Chef Joey created some delicious omelets and eggs for our family. He was willing to make anything we wanted. In addition to breakfast he was kind enough to give us some ideas in the area for our family to enjoy. The breakfast staff kept the food stocked and cleaned up as soon as other guests left. In addition we had the pleasure of meeting Lisa the Director of Sales. She was very knowledgeable about the amenities provided by the hotel. She made an effort to say hi and check on us when we passed her. I was happy to have stayed and enjoyed the helpful staff. We will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your glowing review of our facility. I will make sure to pass along your accolades to both Lisa and Joey and I appreciate you mentioning them by name. I am glad that you had a chance to experience our recently upgraded breakfast as well as our newly renovated guest rooms. Furthermore; I hope you had a chance to visit all of the attractions in our area. Should you want some additional suggestions on your next visit to our area please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to put together a detailed list of things to do both inside and out perfect for children and adults. Be it hiking, shopping, "fooding" or learning th Brandywine Valley has the perfec day trip or week excursion. You can reach me directly at (610) 358 1700 x2131.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our facility I would like to offer you a complimentary suite upgrade on your next visit as long as it is available as my way of thanking you for this review. I would also like to thank you in person so please ask for me at check in. Thank you from the staff and management of the Wyndham Garden Hotel of the Brandywine Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tavares
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is recently refurbished - some work was still going on during my visit. The three features that make this stand out as a luxury hotel are the free, cooked to order breakfast, the free guest laundry, and the friendly staff. Highly recommended. The one drawback is the difficulty in getting to the roads traveling south.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel we truly appreciate the fact that you noticed all of the recent upgrades but more importantly you recognized that my staff went out of their way to be hospitable. We have recently made some changes in a number of positions to try and reestablish a culture of guest appreciation in all departments. I hope it has been noticible. Furthermore I appreciate that you referred to us as a luxury hotel as we have made many strides to set ourselves apart from the limited service crowd; namely the full service breakfast experience which you mentioned, as well as breakfast and dinner room service and the new BW bistro open for dinner and cocktails.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our facility and should your travels bring you back to our area please contact me directly at 610 358 1700 x2131 as I would like to offer you a complimentary suite upgrade as long as it is available as my way of thanking you for this review. I would also like to thank you in person so please ask for me at check in. Thank you from all of us at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Glen Mills- Wilmington
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Originally a 4 night stay turned into a 10 night stay after my company asked me to extend my stay in PA. I was without a rental car and Chuck in maintenance had the shuttle waiting each morning for me to get to work. He was very polite and helpful. Around day 7 or so I noticed my belt was starting to separate from the buckle and asked the staff to try to locate some super glue. After an exhausting search that included the maintenance staff and kitchen staff no glue was to be found. General Manager Jon Beretsky took it upon himself to shuttle me to CVS to acquire the needed glue to mend the belt enough to make it through the remainder of my stay. That small thing was a virtual trip saver in my eyes.
As for the facilities: My room was very comfortable, linens were soft and the bed was more comfortable than many I have experienced. Due to the stay I needed to do a bit of laundry and to my surprise the washers and dryers were complimentary and they sold soap in the shop in the lobby.
If you stay here I would also recommend Pat's Restaurant which is very local and delivers to the hotel. They got a portion of my business while I was here as well.

Room Tip: I will upgrade to a suite next stay for sure to have a bit more room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of our facility I am glad I was able to help you with your situation. All of my staff and management team strive to go above and beyone and understand that what may seem like a simple thing to most people can really be a deal breaker or a day ruiner to other people especially if you don't have transportation to fix the problem. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Chuck my shuttle driver; I know he will appreciate this.

Furthermore; I will use your review as a great teaching tool for my staff because it really shows that going the extra mile can really make a guest feel valued. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.

Also; on your next visit to your local office please give me a call in advance as I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for taking the time to review our facility. Furthermore please elt me know when you will be back in town as I would love to get your opinion on our restaurant the BW Bistro.
Sunrise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had stayed here 3 years ago when it was Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was recently renovated. The new bathroom was nice looking but very impractical. I am short and had a very hard time washing my face in the sink (large bowl on top of the vanity). I had to stand on my toes, but I still got more water all over the vanity than I did on my face. My back and neck also hurt as I tried to lean over the sink. A child would not be able to wash his hands. The bathtub was very small and had too much slope from side to side. I kept losing my balance while taking a shower and fell once. The rest of the room was comfortable and had all the amenities that I needed. I'll stay there again, because it's convenient and reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your candid review of our facility. I am glad you gave us another chance since we made the transformation from a limited service hotel into a full service Wyndham with our own restaurant, room service and such. I am sorry that there were a few amenities in the bathroom that were not to your liking. A number of the upgrades were done to create a deifferent, modern feel espeically in the bathrooms. The trendy vessel sinks were one of these changes. As far as the tub comments we do now have a number of bathroom choices to select from including shower stalls, traditional bath tubs and even whirlpool tub suites. Ony our next visit please reach out to me directly and I will offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our suite types so that you can try the different configurations to see what room type is the best fit for you.

I am glad that the rest of your stay warranted a positive review as well as the most important point that you will be back. I hope on your return you get to sample one of our omelets in the morning as well as try out the BW bistro for dinner, drinks or room service. When booking again ask for Jon the General Manager and I will make sure to take care of your reservation personally. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

So, I have stayed in two Wyndham properties over the past week and I would describe both as "like putting lipstick on a pig". This hotel has been remodeled and it looks clean and shiny and new; but still not the best choice.
The staff was only slightly interested in anything at all. And if you book through a third party site, beware, you are treated like steerage. Our room, a king accessible, has a bathroom that is horribly designed. The way it is positioned it is always about 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the room with no ventilation, also there is NO counter space and in spite of the fact that they have a wall big enough for a mural there are NO towel racks in the bathroom.
As a woman who has to get ready in the summer in a room that is hot, it is not pleasant.
Here is the part with the staff. When you ask me how my room is and I say to you "I hate it", do not say "what can I do to make you happy?". I just told you what you could do, that question is insulting.
Two things are important in a hotel, cleanliness and service. This hotel passed cleanliness only because it was just remodeled and FAILED in service.
Oh, the location if you are going anywhere but north on Route 1 or coming from anywhere except 202, good luck getting in and out of the place.

Room Tip: Do not ask the staff for assistance, just hope for the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your candid review of our property; I appreciate your honesty as I will use this review as a tool to better train my staff on how to properly address and assist every guests here at the hotel. I know that you mentioned the layout of the new ADA accessible rooms was not to your liking however please allw me to explain these rooms. Our hotel was origionally constructed pre the current ADA standards. As such we were limited on exactly what we could do in order to make ouor rooms compliant with this standard. Eventhough we did completely renovate all of our rooms down to the bare studs and concrete it was not possible to make structural changes to the entire plumbing system of the hotel. The new ADA standards dictate that a person in a wheelchair must be able to operate this device in the restroom and me able to turn the chair around without obstacles. Hence why the bathroom has a large open feel to it. The onyl way to accommodate this was to expand the overall layout of the bathroom so that this was possible. There is a small towel rack that is moveable which allows those with specific disabilites to move the rack to better accommodate their individual needs. And while the sink area is not the largest we did make sure the height and other dimensions work specifically for individual with specific needs. Our standard King bathrooms do have much larger counter space because there is not a requirement with regards to the added turning radius in our ADA rooms. The bathroom is at the other end of the room from where the HVAC device is so yes there is a temperature differential. All of our bathrooms do have ventilation/exaust fans concealed in the ceilings of each bathroom. I appreciate that you did notice the cleanliness of our rooms and I will make sure to pass this along to our housekeeping staff and management teams.

As far as your concerns about our other staff I do apologize for the reaction you recieved. I cannot speak for the specific conversation that you had with the agent however when you stated that you "hated" your room I think the agent asked what can he do to make you happy in hopes that you voulenteered some additonal information such as you would like to change rooms, move to a different room type with more counter space etc. I in no what believe he or she inteded to insult you with their response as our staff is trained to ask what they can do in order to make your stay the best it can be. I apologize again for the miscommunication and I will work with my guest services manager to try and retrain our team to be more responsive and courteous when speaking with our guests.

I would like to extend the olive branch so to speak in hopes that you will give us another chance to improve on your previous experience feel free to contact me directly at (610) 358 1700 x2131 and I will make sure to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our feature sutes at no additional cost. Thank you again for your review and should you choose to give us a second chance please ask for me; Jon Beretsky at check in as I would love the opportunity to meet you in person and thank you.

Been to Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington? Share your experiences!