“A great place for business travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

You added Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19331 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordville - Brandywine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Glen Mills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“A great place for business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Myself and my crew of 5 often need a place for an extended stay. We have stayed here for many times for long periods and the suites, amenities and staff have been great. It is always hard to be away from home, BVS makes the time away as good as can it can be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JBeretsky, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our facility. We strive to always provide the most superior customer service to each and every one of our guests. We understand the importance of travel and the strains that being away from home for extended periods of time can have on our guests, so we value the opportunity to create a home away from home. We appreciate all of the business that you have brought to our hotel and we look forward to the opportuntiy to accommodate you in the future in our newlty renovated and soon to be full service hotel if the need should arise. Thanks again and I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to all of my staff members who work hard everyday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nutley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here this weekend. it is close to many attractions. It is a comfortable, newly renovated hotel with free parking and a very nice free breakfast. After visiting Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine Battlefield, it was nice to know we were staying nearby. After going to church this morning, we enjoyed our breakfast and are heading to Brandywine River Museum (which ishas free admission on Sunday morning) and then we are heading to Winterthur in Delaware which is about ten miles from the hotel. There was a mix up with our bill but the front desk cleared it up, I think. I would stay herebagain and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our facility we truly appreciate all of the highlights that you pointed out such as all of the recent upgrades we have made with our renovations and transition to the full service Wyndham family of hotels. I am glad you got the chance to experience many of the historical sites in ou back yard. It is amazing the plethora of history located withing a 20 mile radius of our facility. In fact we are workign with a number of tour providers who are in the process of constructing a few different "Taste of the Brandywine Valley" tour packages were we are the hub. In your review I know that you mentioned a few of these such as Longwood GArdens and Winterthur however there are even more amazing sites such as Nemours Mansion, Hagley Museum and Gardens, Tyler Arboretum, and Chanticlear Gardens. We also have some variations on our nations history that are worth mentioning such as the American Helicopter Museum & The American Treasure Tour that feature some of the nations most comprehensive collections of antique helicopters, cars, instruments, and other mechanical devices that helped shape our nation. Also the new Delaware Childrens museum is a hands on educational experiece for children of all ages. Mix these with the hundreds of restaurants, galleries, botiques, and bars in our area and you can easily keep a group occupied for a week or more. Sorry for drawign this response out; but being that you have such a knowledge of our area already I thoughyt I would try and mention a few hidden gems. Aslo now that we move into the spring and summer months there is even more to do; from the Brandywine Picnic Park, to Concerts at Longwood Gardens & Anson B. Nixon Park and miles upon miles of trails at Ridley Creek State Park.

Should you have any more suggestions about things to do in our area please reach out to me personally. Also thank you for taking the time to review our facility; your suggestions I am sure will help many other travelers when visiting. As my way of thanking you please contact me the next time your travels bring you tro our area and I would be glad to offer you a complimantary upgrade should it be available. Thanks again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

BVS is not a bad stay if you are in the area. There is plenty to do and that was MUCH appreciated due to my circumstances. I stayed in the Queen Parlor suite this weekend. Maybe I had other expectations as it wasn't much of a "parlor" the only difference I could see is that there was a door between the sitting and bed/bath section. It would do as I had been up for hours. As soon and I do mean AS SOON as I went to my room, I was witness to some sort of disagreement between an older couple directly across the hall from me and the housekeeping staff. He was loud even through my closed door.They moved the disagreement to his room, still LOUD. As tired as was I couldnt sleep through that. I ended up dragging myself to another floor just to sit quietly in the chairs by the elevator. I thought it was safe to return after awhile and went to my room to sleep.

My husband got to the hotel about an hour later. I know this because as he entered BAM!
The doors of room 537 slam shut hard. After a few enters and exits I learned to expect this and hold the door but Im sure I woke the sleeping baby next door a few times :-(

I wasn't too impressed with their breakfast selection but there are many attractive options nearby.
Despite these things, I would try this hotel again. It is very clean. There was some large groups staying there but even at checkin, it didnt impact my stay at all. I found the staff friendly and housekeeping accommodating

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Good Day! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of ouor hotel as well as reaching out to me via telephone to discuss this issue. I appreciate your diligence in reporting the issue regarding the guest confrontation that impacted your stay. I made sure to pass along to my housekeeping manager that you witnessed the incident and thought that my staff member handled themselves professionally. Per our conversation yesterday I do hope that when your travels bring you back to our area you take me up on the compleimentary upgrade offer to one of our larger Jacuzzi Suites or if traveling with family one of our 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment style suites as long as I have them available. I am certain that this newly renovated suite will be an obvious upgrade over the Junior Queen Suite. I am sorry that you had an issue with the Jr. Suite dorr; I made sure to speak to my cheir engineer about it and he adjusted the door closing mechanism to prevent this from impacting other guests. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention. Finally I do wish to apologize if you feel in any way mislead by our description of the Jr. Queen Suite Discription; while this room is a true 2 room suite with a queen bed in the bedroom and a seperate sitting area with a closing door dividing both rooms it is not an extremely large room. We designed these suites to allow some seperation between the living area/work space from the sleeping area. We have flat screen HDTV's in both the living area and bedroom as well as a mini refrigerator and microwave in the living area. There is also a full sized sleeper sofa in the sitting room. The sitting room is cozy; but with the dividing wall is perfect for travelers with children as the sitting room doubles as a seperate sleep space when the sofa is deployed. Also; at a price point typically only $10 to $30 more then a standard hotel room at our facility the additional space and seperation wont break the bank. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property as well as reaching out to me via telephone; I understand how much this situation impacted you and I hope that you take me up on the free upgrade offer on your next visit to Glen Mills, PA!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited the Brandywine Valley Suites Hotel for a hockey tournament at IceLine in West Chester. I coordinated the booking for our whole team, so I spent a lot of time talking to the hotel staff to make sure we all had what we needed (accessible rooms, adjoining rooms, suites, etc.). Everyone I talked to during that process was great and when we got there, the staff was equally awesome. During our 3 nights there...we only encountered one surly front desk employee...otherwise, every person was great. The rooms were nice and the 2 bedroom suite was FANTASTIC!!

The only reason I gave this hotel a Very Good instead of an Excellent, was the one surly desk clerk and the fact that it's not attached to a decent restaurant or bar. There are 2 establishments attached...Firewaters and Hooters...and we were advised that Hooters was much classier than Firewaters. Firewaters reminded me of a trashy spring break bar (although the bartenders were very nice) and Hooters was just typical Hooters (good wings, cold beer and busty waitresses).

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is the same price as getting 2 rooms...and you get TONS more space.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
It was a pleasure hosting your group this past weekend and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I first and foremost want to apologize for the "surly" front desk associate you dealt. We have recently made some changes to our guest service staff following this weekend; As such I hope that should you visit us again ALL of out staff will be as helpful, pleasant and accommodating as the majority were in your review. As far as the review of the attached restaurant options I wanted to let you know that in the next few weeeks we will be opening our own restaurant called the BW Bistro which is actually contained within the hotel and will feature a full bar , relaxed atmosphere and dinner menu. Our goal with thi addition is to offer another option for our guests staying with us that are not loking for the atmosphere or fare the other attached facilities offer. Along witht his addition we will now offer evening room service which will be an integral part of our transition to the full service Wyndham Garden Hotel Glen MIlls, PA. Hopefully on your next visit we will aheva ddressed all of your concerns whils still providing the numerous great amenities you commented on in your review. Thank you again for taking the time to write about us and should your travels bring you to our area again please contact me personally and if available I would like to offer you a free upgrade as my way of saying thank you. I hope you did well in the tournament!
Lancaster, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were looking for a hotel while driving back from DC to MA. My wife was searching on her phone for a place to stay while I drove. We have 2 small kids, so a safe, clean place is paramount.

We got a good rate for this hotel, and the reviews seemed positive. She booked it about 10 minutes before we arrived.

When we did, the lady at the front desk was already working on our reservation. She was friendly and very informative, and completed the check in quickly. We had a king suite, and went up to our room.

This was probably one of the best hotel suites I've seen. The living area was clean and comfortable, the bathroom awesome, and the bed heavenly. I don't think I've slept as well in a long time.

The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise also, better than the standard fare.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your outstanding review of our facility; I am so glad you and your loved ones had an enjoyable time at our hotel. I know that taveling can often time be a stressful ordeal and that often times if it is your first visit to a new hotel you truly do not know what to expect. I am glad you decided to give our facility a try as it seems we were exactly what you were looking for. Everyone here truly appreciates that you took the time to share your experience and review our hotel on Trip Advisor as I know time is a precious commodity. We all hope that should your travels bring you to our area again you would give us a call and if available I woudl like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for taking the time to complete such a great review. When calling the hotel ask to speak to me personally at extension 2131 and I would be glad to thank you with an upgrade as long as it is available. Also we will be converting to a full service Wyndham garden hotel in the next few months so look for additional amenities such as an omelet chef in breakfast and a full restaurant with room service. Thanks again and I hope to meet you personally on your next visit!
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My name is Michael Trinsey. I have been in the networking industry for some time now. Which means, I have spent several years traveling, hosting and attending business and social events in hundreds of hotels throughout the entire tri-state and north east area. I have found that the staff at this Brandywine Valley Suites has been second to none. The service is always prompt and friendly. And, the most important in my opinion, is they do exactly what they say. Not once have I ever received one complaint from any of the guests that have attended my events at the hotel. Every staff member has always been over accomadating. To highlight three, Jon, Lauren and Andrew specifically made each experience well above average!
Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel Mike; it is always a pleasure to work with you and your associates; be it for your intimate gatherings or your full fledged conferences like the one scheduled in April. I am truly gald that we have made a positive impression on you and your colleagues and I hope that you continue to utilize every facet of our facility for years to come. Hopefully when the new restaurant opens up we can begin to integrate that into some of your events as well. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Lauren and Andrew as well as the rest of my staff and thank you again for taking the time to complete this review.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Booked trip online for a great rate. Double room in newly renovated section. The first thing I noticed was how clean entry way and main reception area were. Friendly, efficient front desk service. I was told about complimentary breakfast each morning, and a "Manager's reception" the next evening with beer, wine, and snacks. room was very clean, and I am a clean freak. Linens were new, towels were bright white and fluffy, and toiletries were from Bath and Body Works. Beds were comfortable. Only downside was an extremely loud heating unit when it cycled on and off. Otherwise, room was a super value.

Room Tip: Ask for room in renovated section.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JonDOS, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our property; myself and my staff truly appreciate your kind words and I will make sure that everyone gets a chance to read your review. I am also glad that you enjoyed the many upgrade we reently made to our guest rooms. I will make sure our designer is aware of your positive feedback as well.

As far as the comments you made regarding the loud heating unit in your room; I will make sure that our Chief Engineer adreesses this right away. Thank you very much for beringing this to my attention. Without truly honest guests like yourself this may have been overlooked and negatively impacted another guests stay at our facility.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our area again. If available I would like to offer you a complimentary suite upgrade as my way of thanking you for taking the time to review our facility. Hopefully upon your return our renovated restaurant/longe will be open for business and you may be able to review this upon your next visit. Thank you again and have a wonderul and safe 2013!

Been to Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington? Share your experiences!