“Enjoyable Birthday Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went later last Sunday to celebrate a birthday. We had Coconut Shrimp & my husband had the French Onion Soup. The Coconut Shrimp were excellent & the French Onion Soup had a good flavor & it was a generous portion.

I had the sirloin steak with grilled shrimp & it was very good. The other 2 people had the Prime Rib. Even though my husband asked for it medium, it had the appearance of being medium rare so the waiter graciously took it back & dipped it in some au jus to warm & darken it. (The waiter told us it was considered medium since it was slow roasted.) It was better, but my husband wouldn't order it again.

Overall it was a very nice celebratory birthday dinner! Our waiter was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed a Very Nice Father's Day Celebration Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We took my Dad out to dinner for an early Father's Day Dinner. We arrived at 4 PM on a Thursday night & were the first ones there; however many other diners showed up less than 5 minutes later. Our waiter, Brian, was very nice & the service was excellent!!!

The other 2 people I was with had the Grilled Pork Chop & said it was very good (would order it again). I had the Sirloin Steak & Coconut Shrimp dinner with a Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing & the Green Beans. When my Wedge Salad was brought out, I noticed it had bacon bits on it (which I can't have for medical reasons). I told the person who brought out the salad & he took it back & our waiter brought out a Wedge Salad without the bacon bits which was very good. The Coconut Shrimp was not cooked well enough I thought, so I put them on a separate plate & our waiter took them back & brought out 4 new hot & more thoroughly cooked Coconut Shrimp. The Creole Marmalade is so good... The steak had some gristle, but was cooked perfectly. Overall I enjoyed my meal, but would probably try something else next time.

Our waiter, Brian, went out of his way to make sure everything was right & the service was excellent!!! We enjoyed our meal & would definitely go back & recommend this Outback Steakhouse to others!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“Diasppointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been going to Outback for amny years. I am trying to figure out what the heck has happened to them. They used to be one of my favorite place. Now, not so much. In the last year, food has gone downhill and I cannot figure it out. Went today around 1 for lunch. Walked in and hostess said about a 10 min wait.. Sat down with 3 people ahead and more peole came in and they had to wait also. I had a view of the left side of the restaurant where I counted 11 tables empty. The hostess was busy talking to 2 different employees and never once stopped. Eventualy I was sat in the bar where my waiter was the bartender. He was not so friendly and not attentive. After 20 mins he brought over the bread. No butter but I couldn't ask since I couldn't find him. My 15 yr old had that eaten in 5 secs. Much later the food came. We jsut ordered hamburgers since we had a movie to go to. Never were we offered anymore bread. Food was cold. Asked for the hamburgers to be cooked medium and we were given beyond well done. Cold and well done.. does it get any better? I substituted a baked potato for the fries. Mistake. Cold , not cooked and rotten inside. Manager came over and asked if everything was ok.. I mentioned the potato And he did replace it. He did get another one microwaved for me. Whatever. Like the steaks in the past year, hamburgers were ok , not good.Five guys is better. I guess they no longer care about food or service. Used to be such a good place but in the last year that I have eaten ther, nothing has stood out or been that good. I am done wasting my money at this place. Too many other places to go to in that area. I wish I had something to say that made them stand out, but I have nothing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre food and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This Outback is not near the caliber resturant that Carrabas and Bonefish are. The food is ok, but just ok at a higher price. The service was slow even though the restuarant was not crowed. We arrived at 3 PM to find the lunch menu was not available. Our waitress seemed busy and out of sight for most of the visit while at the front desk a crowd of between 3 and 9 employees were always gathered around ignoring my drink that needed refilling. Who is runing this place? We got salmon and a chicken sandwich. The salmon was good served with broccoli for $16. Salads were and extra $3-4. The chicken sandwish was ok, but was dry and lacking of taste. The fries were hot but average. I bought a $300 gift card to use at Bonefish, Carrabas, or Outback. We will used it Bonefish and Carrabas.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been going to outback for years. In fact, every Friday is Outback Friday at my house. They have great steaks at great prices. The crab legs are great and I love the horseradish crumb topping for my steak. The ribs are excellent and the wings are awesome. They have new specials all the time. I always get a bowl of clam chowder, it's delicious! Great staff and the curb side take away is the best! I always do the curb side service because they are always so nice and really quick to get your food and then out. Great place for friends, family and good beer!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere