“Delicious dinner if you want healthy farm to table food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Organic, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar offers an under 500 calorie seasonally changing, local farm to table menu, 50+ wines by the glass, seasonal cocktails and local beers. Start your meal at Harvest with one of our seasonal flatbreads and then enjoy wood grilled steak, poultry and seafood paired with the perfect glass of wine selected by our knowledgeable staff. Every three months Harvest changes the menu to reflect the change of the seasons. Harvest works with 75 local farmers to source the freshest and highest quality products available. At Harvest the use of sustainable, organic and healthy ingredients doesn't stop with the menu. From the organic cleaning products, to our recycled glass bar tops, and from our recycled paper products to the ink on our menus Harvest is truly a green concept.
Reston VA
“Delicious dinner if you want healthy farm to table food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I just had a fabulous dinner at Harvest. With a recent per diabetes diagnosis, I was a bit worried about eating healthy while traveling. This restaurant fit the bill. Their menu changes seasonally and is 70+% farm to table food from local farmers. The menu selections are mostly under 500 calories per entree with a healthy mix of protein, veggies and good cards. Their portion servings are not large, but they are appropriate ( and enough to satisfy) a health conscious eater. These are not the typical American restaurant dinner serving sizes if you want that go elsewhere.

They do not offer bread and butter, instead you can order flatbread with toppings. We ordered their harvest flatbread - seasonings and asiago cheese. It was lovely and enough for three or four servings. It cost $4. My husband ordered the zucchini curry soup. It was tasty but a bit thin for him. I don't usually like curry but it was fantastic to dip my flatbread into. For our entree we had: the cedar plank salmon which came with about four asparagus spears, four baby carrots, and a handful of fingerling potatoes. The flavoring and seasoning was fantastic! I prefer my veggies just a tad bit more cooked - they were a bit crunchier than I like but not a real problem. My husband ordered the duck breast with farro, hart orate verbs, and a fantastic blackberry sauce. He enjoyed his and the Malbec he ordered paired with it lovely. The desserts were small glasses of different mouses and cakes. They were not huge but just the right amount. We both had a glass of wine and dessert and cappuccino/ espresso. Before tip the bill was $97.

We really enjoyed it and would be regulars if we lived in this area. I was lamenting to the waitress that they needed on in my neighborhood. Speaking of waitress - ours was personable, friendly, and efficient. She gave great recommendations and was attentive without being bothersome.

Definitely recommend this place if you want healthy smaller great tasting portions.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wilmimgton
“Dinner at harvest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant 4 times (others made the choice) each time the food was barely ok
It is a pretty place but not worth going to there are better choices.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fresh, Delicious Food - Healthy Choices,- Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are looking for incredibly fresh and healthy food in the area of University of Pennsylvania, you must try Harvest. Our meal was scrumptious. They have a good wine menu and interesting cocktails (try the Tangerine Dream). We ate outdoors on a beautiful evening. The service was excellent -- the staff was welcoming and friendly. There is a lovely bar on the second floor. The decor of the restaurant is very inviting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“Excellent eats away from my garden.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Fresh healthy organic and usually locally grown food minimally processed. Their hours fit a travelers schedule. Friendly helpful servers in a modern atmosphere.

Visited April 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“For a treat night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have been to Harvest a number of times since they opened a couple years ago. Our first experience was not so great, mainly due to our server, but the management did everything possible to make things right when I contacted them after that meal. And that kind of customer service goes a long way. Consequently we've been back many times, and consider going to Harvest a "treat night out." We dine out at least once a week, but when we want a special night of wine flights, microbrews, cheese plates, or something unexpectedly special in a main course, Harvest is a place that comes to mind. They have a terrific wine selection, and the wine flights let us try a sampling of wines we may never have tasted before. And the beer variety is mostly top shelf microbrews. The food is excellent and the servers enjoy giving you advice when you ask for it, and do a great job! I highly recommend Harvest for anytime, but for us it's a treat!

• Visited February 2013