“Excellent hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glen Mills
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Excellent all around. Some previous reviews which categorized the pool as small were incorrect. While not olympic it was a good size. The breakfast was fine, typical for hampton inns. The location was 15 minutes from Longwood Gardens to the east and 15 minutes from the Dupont mansions to the south.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Our location is an amazing selling feature, and we love that you enjoyed visiting many of the close-by Brandywine Valley Attractions! Our amenities are also a great feature, and we are pleased that you enjoyed our indoor pool and complimentary breakfast as well. Thanks for your positive feedback – and have a great summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rockford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Solid value for the money. Room was very nice with everything one would expect. Staff was very helpful and the complementary breakfast was above par. All in all a very nice stay. We would definitely return should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words regarding our hotel, and staff! Glad to hear that you were enamored with our complimentary breakfast, and we would love the chance to serve you again soon!
South Elgin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a very clean and efficiently run Hampton Inn. Room was very comfortable and staff is very nice. The only down-side I experienced was that their TV cable service did not include NBC Sports, so I had to find local establishments in order to watch Stanley Cup playoffs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the suggestion regarding NBC Sports! We hope you'll give us an opportunity to win your business again in the future, and wish you a great summer!
Lords Valley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

It is difficult to rate this hotel, because they are just average for a Hampton Inn. But in general, the Hampton Inns are far better than other chains.

They have most of the amenities typical to a Hampton Inn, but not all. Most of the Hamptons that we have stayed in have a refrigerator and a microwave in every room, but this one only has those appliances in the suites. Like all Hampton Inns they offer a free breakfast, but this one, while adequate, was not among the best of the Hamptons that we have stayed at. The eggs that were available were actually a strange combination of pastry and egg (which I had never seen before) but you couldn't tell that by just looking at it. Not terrible, but also not welcome to anyone who is on a low-carb diet.

The young woman at the front desk who checked us in was helpful and very pleasant, but she had a peculiar speech pattern or deficiency that made her difficult to understand.

The diciest aspect of my stay was that after I was all packed up to check out, I made one last stop in the bathroom. While there, the toilet paper ran out (no spare available), so I started using the facial tissue in the dispenser. As I finished, I used the very last tissue in the box (again, no spare available). While I can't say that I suffered any problem from this, it was just a little too close for comfort.

Generally speaking, the ground troops here were all very nice, and they treated me well. I lay the blame for any shortcomings at the feet of management.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of the building have a beter view, and are quieter that the rooms at the front...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We appreciate your honest review of our facility, and welcome the opportunity to improve our service and amenities offered to the guest! It sounds like the breakfast you experienced was our Bagel Topper – an egg, bacon, and cheese topped bagel. I’m sorry that those were not pleasing for you, and we’ll take that under consideration when scheduling our breakfast options! Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope you will continue to visit Hampton Inns during your travel.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My family and I were staying here over Memorial Day weekend for a hockey tournament for my son. We had 2 rooms since we are a large family and were traveling with grandparents. When the need arose, my husband asked the front desk if it was possible for a late check out. Instead of politely saying no, the staff memeber whipped her finger at my husband and yelled NO! She continued to rant and rave and was very rude. She said I don't care what you need and you are only a Silver member which is only good for points! This is not how a well trained staff member should treat anyone. It was truly disappointing.
As for the rooms and stay, it was average. The pull out couch caused the person laying in it to roll and sink down in the middle because it had seen better days.
Overall, the area is nice with a lot of OTHER GREAT HOTELS that I would recommend staying at next time instead of this one.

• Stayed May 2013
hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. You are absolutely correct that your request was not handled properly and we will be addressing that immediately. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance should you return to the area, and also hope that your son's tournament went well. We do value our guests, and hope your next Hampton experience has a more positive outcome!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Having driven for twelve hours the day before, and six hours before arriving in Woodstock, VA. I was more than ready to park my car and relax. The people at the desk had my reservation at hand and check in was a breeze. The hotel looked fairly new and was clean and bright. The room too was extremely clean and didn't have any visible signs of wear and tear. The mattress was firm and comfortable. This Hampton had all the usual amenities, but I was too tired to try them out. Our room was directly off the interstate and that noise did drift into the room, however after turning the room fan on the sound of traffic disappeared. We'd stayed in a different Hampton the night before in another city and it wasn't half as nice as this one. I totally recommend this hotel for weary travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After having issues trying to book my out of town wedding guests elsewhere, I called here. From the front desk to the group booker, everyone was extremely helpful and polite. Jessica, in group booking, was super great. She answered all of my questions (and there were a ton of them, too), set everything up for me, and went above and beyond to accommodate what we needed.

I'd highly recommend them to anyone who needs to book for groups.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are so glad that our hotel was able to make your wedding such an enjoyable experience! We welcome groups such as yours, and are happy to help in any way we can. Best wishes as you begin your next adventure and we hope Hampton can be a part of your travel for years to come!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford? Share your experiences!