“Consistently good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Southwestern, Italian, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a little restaurant with a great selection and moderately priced. It is on the main street of town right by the town park. Go There.
Midwest
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ate here the other evening on a cold rainy weekday. We all had delicious entrees, lobster, crab cakes, and veal florentine. It's a bit pricey for Franklin, PA but the quality of the food is very good and dinners include a salad. Their bread is also excellent and is served with olive oil and cheese. It's delicious but some diners would like to have butter on the table too without asking. Only suggestion would be to offer half portions as the servings are very large. If they did that I might be tempted to order an appetizer or dessert. Another thing I noticed was that their pastas and sauces were very rich. A more basic sauce and lighter pasta entrees would be welcome.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Harrisburg, PA
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service - Wouldnt change a thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had dinner and lunch there on a recent 2 day visit. Immediately upon entering, we were welcomed and embraced. Seems like everyone knows everyone in this town as I was with some locals who talked to anybody who stopped by the table. This happened at dinner and at lunch with totally different dining partners - really a nice treat. Anyhow, started off with the most amazing bread and garlic/parmesan oil. I ate 5 pieces. Had the soup of the day, cant remember what it was but it was very good. The dinner specials apparently have a different theme each night. I was surprised it was Japanese night, at an italian restaurant. Regardless I ordered the grilled pork chop. It was perfectly seasoned and cooked, melted like butter. Definitely recommend. Ho Ho cake for desert, very good. The service was beyond great. Lunch I had red pepper soup - would get it again and turkey devoshire sandwhich. The sandwhich was huge and very tasty, dont get if you are dieting, lots of butter and sauce - delicious. Ordered with a side of pasta salad which I couldnt eat due to being too full. This really was a special place. I'll go back whenever I go through town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Ohio
“A gourmet meal in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

All dishes were creative, delicious & served promptly. Excellent servcie. The dipping oil (for bread) was to die for!!! You will pay a few extra dollars, but you get what you pay for. Maybe split a entree ... and see if you're still hungry? Ample portions.

Visited September 2012
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
“What a Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I ate here last night with three friends and it was pretty amazing. We arrived right after the restaurant opened and were seated at a corner window table overlooking the park across the road. This was definitely an upscale dining experience from beginning to end and therefore a bit pricey but well worth the cost given our experience. After being seated, we were served a flatbread and crusty bread with a dipping oil that was very tasty. We ordered our salads with their gorgonzola vinigrette dressing which was out of this world good. My entree was a shrimp and scallop duo and couldn't have been better. Their food presentation in all of our meals was strikingly pretty and creative but the quality of the meal was even better. My shrimp and scallops were at exactly the right level of doneness, which can be difficult with seafood. The asparagus was presented with a "to die for" cream sauce. The scallops were prepared with a tomato based concoction that left me yearning for more. We passed on desserts given the large portion sizes of our entrees. One more thing. Way too many restaurants these days are too noisy to allow for easy conversation but even when full of diners, this one was not. They did play background music but it was soft and appropriate to a fine dining venue and not at all distracting from our ability to talk at a normal level. One thing I know for sure is that if I should I find myself in Franklin, PA in the future,I will definitely be revisiting this amazing little restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, PA
“Fantastic Taste and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Everything we ordered (two different daily specials and 2 different desserts) was excellent! Their gorgonzola viniagrette house dressing is superb! Novel Italian bread and flatbread cracker service. Wait staff was very attentive and friendly.

Visited August 2012