“BEEN AT BETTER HOTELS” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Frackville
lakeariel
“BEEN AT BETTER HOTELS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you need a place to crash. Then that's all this place is good for. The hotel smelled very musty,outdated. The staff unpleasant. The rooms were cleaned every day. The breakfast was awful. The beds very,very uncomfortable. The pillows were also very uncomfortable. The pictures that I seen online,were different than in person. You did not hear any noise,traffic or people coming of the elevator while you were sleeping. There were more bad stuff than good stuff about this hotel. Frankly it was like flushing money down the toilet. I WILL NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bathroom door opens toward the tub/shower. That was a pain in the butt.

Room Tip: If your looking for a place that has a pool, keep looking. The rooms very small. It took the A/C a l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am really sorry your perception of our hotel is so poor. My staff is USUALLY quite pleasant so I will definitely discuss this review with them.

Our beds were new in 2011 and are flipped quarterly. As for the pillows, all Holiday Inn Express hotels will be getting new pillows as there have been many complaints about them.

I do believe my staff explained to you that not all Express hotels have swimming pools. Since the new ADA laws of 2013 we had to take out the Jacuzzi as we did not have enough space to accommodate a lift. This is unfortunate but the facts.

I personally feel the photos on our website are quite accurate or our parent company would insist on them being changed. We are inspected unannounced and my staff and I do our best to provide a clean, safe hotel for our guests.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's always a great mood lift to be greeted so nicely when you arrive after a tiring drive and it's late, it's dark and the nav system doesn't know they moved the roads. The room was a bit worn but, clean and well appointed. The iron needed some repair the cord re-tractor didn't work and the cover for the water chamber was broken off. Plugs were not convenient, even near the bed and desk but, I've learned to travel with my own power strip.

Internet access was simply horrible both via Wi-Fi and hard line. Getting the logon page to come up was a burden requiring browser reloads and a reboot once. Using my AirPort didn't improve the situation any either. I was required to logon each device separately when using my AirPort. If you're traveling for business, I wouldn't stay here. Internet access was slow and halting, often pausing for several seconds, the lag was untenable. Hi-Speed my sweet bippy.

On my last morning, ate a bit of breakfast before I headed back home. It's edible but, I really to expect more at these prices. It's sad when I'd almost prefer to eat at a fast food place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I did not respond as quickly as I like to because I wanted to check out the internet speed and some other things that would make your experience with our DSL and WI-FI less than what you expect. The speed is within IHG standards. We use Verizon and PTD as a back up. The IT team is looking into making some changes so hopefully if you have the opportunity to stay with us again this will not be an issue. Thank you for your review. I want you to be able to work from your room as easily as I work from my office. Since I have no problem with my speed I appreciate when someone else tells me about their experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before and last time it was starting to look worn. Now it's back to new looking. Clean rooms and convienient to I81 and Pottsville. No pool for families traveling with kids but is next door to aCracker Barrell restaurant if you miss the complimentary breakfast .

• Stayed May 2013
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kinds words and hope to see you in the future.
Hornell, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Was very impressed with the continental breakfast, which is an added to bonus to any hotel stay. It was a hot meal with all the fixings! Room was clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
It's always nice to get a positive review. Thank you! Hope you stay with us again.
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family of four stayed here for 4 nights when we needed to attend a funeral. The room and bathroom were clean. The included breakfast was plentiful and fresh. My husband grew up in the area and this is by far the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
It was very thoughtful of you to write a great review of our hotel. I am very sorry your reason for being in the area was for a funeral. I hope you plan to return to visit some of our attractions and will stay with us again. I plan on sharing this with the staff. I am sure it will make them happy. Thank you!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Second time here, was great by a very friendly and knowledgeable staff Janet, Room was excellent , updated and very clean, great morning breakfast. A pleasure to recommend this hotel.
Priced a little higher than most in the area , but well worth the few dollars extra.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Janet is great. She is also a pleasure to work with. I will make sure Janet and the staff are aware of your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed your second stay with us we look forward to seeing you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

After 12 hours of driving we were looking for dependable lodgings not too far from I-81. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room with king bed. Plenty of room in the bathroom. Great shower with soft, fluffy towels. Bed was comfy. Heater worked good but a bit loud. The included breakfast was good. An added convenience for our supper choice was the close proximity of a Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed March 2013
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It is always a pleasure to share with the staff a great review. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will consider staying again when your travels bring you through.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!