“adorable and clean!! and total peace and quiet!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foxburg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxburg
Foxburg Inn
You added Foxburg Inn to your Saves list
20 Main Street, Foxburg, PA 16036   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Foxburg B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“adorable and clean!! and total peace and quiet!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We have heard such great things about the restaurant and the Inn that we decided to take a weekend and head up there. The rooms were spacious and clean and I am usually pretty picky about that stuff. We were located on the first floor, therefore giving us the ability to head out onto the patio whenever we wanted ((I highly recommend asking for a first floor room)) and the view was awesome! We wanted a suite, but unfortunately they were all booked up well in advanced but we were told that they were absolutely stunning! The pizza/coffee place next door has great breakfast and the winery across the street has delicious wines for you to sample and purchase! Take advantage!!
The only downfalls of the weekend were that the restaurant had no steak available all weekend and the menu is limited. Also, there was a huge snow storm ((over a foot overnight)) but it actually made the weekend fun!! A guy who was using a snow blower actually dug out my car for me without me even asking! So whoever said the service here was sub-par was probably one of those kinds of people who find problems everywhere they go!!
We plan on heading back in the fall!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

My husband and I went biking on the Allegheny River Trail, so we had made plans to stay at the Foxburg Inn in Foxburg, PA. The evening we arrived , there was a wine tasting festival, so there were many people outside the area of this small Inn and we were tired after biking all afternoon. Crystal, a front desk employee, checked us in, she was very polite, pleasant and professional. After checking us in, we asked her if we needed to make a reservation for the Allegheny Grille next door, she then offered to do it for us and did so right away. Once we were in our rooms, we were very pleased with the room. It was very clean and nicely furnished. I would highly recommend the Foxburg Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed in one of the suites at this hotel the 2nd night we were married, courtesy of my boss. Being from the area, I was already familiar with Foxburg, the restaurant and the inn, and we actually got engaged on the patio right outside the restaurant. Our room was very clean, comfortable and well, just great! We were not treated rudely in any way, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
raleigh nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have NEVER been treated so rudely by the front desk staff. My nephew was getting married on June 21, 10 and I wanted to pay for their suite for their wedding night. When I arrived at the front desk, Patty did not stand up or acknowledge any of the guests. She sat behind the counter starring at her coffee cup. I asked to speak to head of housekeeping to see if the room would be ready for the bride to dress prior to the wedding. She refused to let me speak to head of housekeeping, the manager on duty or the owner. I insisted on speaking to head of housekeeping and she grudgedly put me on the phone with her. Patty started yelling.."You don't scare me lady" at least 15 times and THREW the paid receipt in my face for the room. I just paid 200.00 to get treated so rudely. I tried to reach management by phone numerous times and she wouldn't connect, until my brother in law STERNLY asked her. The management was notified of her behavior and I asked to be informed and have not heard back. Do not recommend the hotel.. if the first person you meet in this hotel is RUDE.. Is management doing anything about the rest of the staff?
Carrie Peele

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

A friend had stayed at this inn previously and was eager for me to have the same experience. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. What sets this inn apart is the fact that every room looks down river for spectacular views of the Allegheny River. Excellent breakfast provided at a little coffee shop adjacent to the inn. We made this home base for day trips and leaf "peeping". Don't miss a chancer to see the restored music hall on the top floor of the library acroiss the street from the inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

My husband and I drove up for a overnight getaway. We had never been to Foxburg, although friends had recommended it. It was lovely! It is very small...but we had a wonderful time. The hotel is very cute, quaint and VERY clean. The people that work there are so friendly. The guests were all very nice also! Our room overlooked the garden and the river. It was very nice with flat screen tv, nice bedding and a king bed. They had a nice veranda to sit out on and we shared some wine while looking at the Allegheny. The Allegheny Grille next door was fabulous. We had lunch and dinner there and were amazed at the quality of food that we found there in the middle of basically no where! The service was outstanding also. We loved the food...from appetizers, to entree to dessert. The Foxburg Inn also offers you a free breakfast in the morning at the pizza place next door hat does a yummy breakfast in the am made to order. It was such a peaceful getaway. We also rented canoes in Parker and did a 7 mile, 2 hour trip. Beautiful! There was a bike trail steps from the hotel , but we didn't have time. The Inn also hosts weddings...very cool! But we would go back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

This inn is a hidden gem along the river. We were driving along Rt. 80, and I was looking for a place with some charm and ambiance. The inn is only a few years old, so everything was in good condition. Amenities in the room included flat panel tv, great river view, refrigerator and microwave. We had a long drive on Rt. 80, so this inn was a needed change from driving along the busy highway.

There is a great restaurant next door. It seems like a nice place to stay for the weekend with a long paved bike trail next door, and activities on the river.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Foxburg Inn? Share your experiences!