“Good hotel for business travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington

You added Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034 (Formerly Cherry Tree Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fort Washington
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good hotel for business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed at hotel three nights. King rooms are comfortable and work area is spacious. Continental breakfast was free but costs if you want anything from the hot items, waffles, eggs, omlets etc. Did not use swimming pool. Gas station right next door that is convenient. Staff was friendly and professional but not great with directions. Make sure to bring a GPS is you are familiar with the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear nicsreview:
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels. Thanks, Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Waterbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here with a small group for 5 nights in early October. We come to the area every year for dog shows. This was our first time at this hotel. We would definitely consider staying here again next year.

Pros: The hotel and grounds were immaculate. The lobby was bright, open and inviting. Staff was very attentive. There was always someone at the front desk and I was greeted every time I walked by. The rooms were spacious. All had fridges and microwaves. Tons of hangers in the closet. Internet worked perfectly. Bathrooms were good-sized and the towels were SOFT. Beds were very comfortable and not overloaded with a million pillows. Everything worked - heat, AC, plumbing. The restaurant was actually a sectioned off area of the lobby which was "different." That said, the food was very good. Had dinner/drinks there a couple of times during the stay. Breakfast buffet was ample plus there was a cook to order chef. Wait staff service was friendly and efficient. Conveniently located - easy on and off the PA Tnpk.

Cons: Lack of "upscale" dining establishments in Ft. Washington. Had to hop on the PA Tnpk (TOLL!) to next exit. Rooms were relatively pricey. No sleeper sofa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Holly E:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking.
We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! As usual if there is anything we can do to enhance our services in the future please let us know.
Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels. Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales
Derbyshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a short business trip from the UK.

I arrived around 11:30pm due to flight delays. Check in was very quick and welcoming. I made my way to my room on the 4th floor. It was large and clean with a desk, large bed, seating area, bath/shower, fridge and microwave.

What it didn't have was anything to drink. The fridge is empty for you to fill with purchases from the shop in the lobby. A great idea in principle and something I noted from the website before my stay. I would have expected at least a bottle of water in the room though.

I was very tired after 17 hours travelling but made my way back down to the lobby to the shop. The shop did not meet expectations. I had imagined a good sized and well stocked shop, however it is very small and doesn't actually carry that much stock.

Howevere it is reaonably priced. I got some water, a can of sprite and an iced coffee. I decided to keep the sprite and coffee for the morning and put these in the fridge. When I came to have them the next day - they were frozen! So the fridges are a little fierce.

I did not use the restaurant or bar but they looked nice and always had a few people in them.

The room was airy and the bed was adjustable in softness so this lead to a comfy experience.

There is free wifi and a good sized tv.

They offer express checkout which means a quick get away if needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear MrsACJ:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you were not the items available for purchase in our Pavilion Pantry did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. We are currently addressing this and an area of opportunity to improve our service to ensure additional guests do not experience the same. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I invite you to consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the Fort Washington area. Sincerely, Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for a convention. The hotel is very nicely decorated, modern and clean. The rooms are clean and comfy. I thought the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was quite nice with a very nice variety. Tons of food if you are a breakfast eater. Also the table of coffee, water, and cookies is such a nice, hospitable touch. The staff was very friendly and helpful also. Didn't use any of the other facilities, so can't speak for those.

The only problem I had while staying there was that Saturday night there was a function in a banquet room adjacent to the pool room. The music was extremely loud, so much so that the bass from the music was booming in our room (insert "wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble...wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble"), and our room was down the hall, not next door to the function. So just after 11pm, I called the front desk to ask them to have the volume turned down just a bit. When I say the music was loud, I mean it was EXTREMELY LOUD, such that turning it down a bit would in no way diminish their fun or violate their rights in any way. I'm not one to complain, I hate to be a complainer, but at the same time, is it not reasonable to expect them to be able to have fun AND for guests who want to sleep to be able to sleep? So in my opinion, there is a design flaw to construct a hotel whereby rooms for sleeping guests are located adjacent to party rooms. It's not a design flaw that can be fixed easily, so it stands to reason that the hotel staff should take this into consideration and be pro-active in asking that the people in the banquet rooms playing loud music should turn it down just a bit at a reasonable hour. As a hotel guest, I shouldn't have to be the "bad guy" and have my sleep disturbed and have to actually phone the front desk to ask them to turn the volume down a bit. As staff, they should be thinking about all their guests, not just the ones in the banquet room. The result of my phone call seemed to be that the volume was reduced a bit, after about 10 minutes, which I thought was satisfying. So, my advice is not to stay in a room on the first floor, as this is where all the banquet rooms are located, and to play it safe, don't stay anywhere below the third floor.

Overall our stay was nice and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Insist on not having a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear anonymousVa:
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the accommodations and breakfast to your liking.
I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in Fort Washington. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.
Sincerely, Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel itself was very well designed. I enjoyed the lemon water and cookies that were free in the lobby, and overall the staff was attentive and helpful. The beds were uncomfortable, the pillows too soft and it made it hard to sleep. The hot tub was waayyy too hot - I could barely get into it.

The worst part was the fire inspection. With no previous warning (except an attempted phone call where they hung up when my wife answered) they came around and knocked on doors to come into the rooms and spray a chemical to test the smoke detectors. Then they set off the alarms a couple times. This was very disturbing to the peace and quiet we had enjoyed there, and could have been prevented with a note the night before, or even slid under the door that morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice....i loved the restraunt/ lobby. Its different than any hotel ive been in. The staff was friendly..the breakfast buffet was very good. The walls seemed very thin,i can hear their tv thru the walls. but other than that , it was a nice stay over night.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Staff was nice and attentive. Rooms were large and clean. Beds were nice-sized and comfy. Location was easy to find off of the exit. Restaurant buffet was fresh with a waffle and omlette bar. Accidentally left my iPad behind in the room and they found it and held it for me. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Ippolitinc:
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Washington. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our team members.
Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs and our executive housekeeping works tirelessly to keep the staff motivated. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast with everything you need to start your day off right.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Washington in the not to distant future. Safe Travels! Sincerely, Shaheerah Bey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington? Share your experiences!