“Good for business trip accommodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034 (Formerly Cherry Tree Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Fort Washington
Derbyshire
“Good for business trip accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a short business trip from the UK.

I arrived around 11:30pm due to flight delays. Check in was very quick and welcoming. I made my way to my room on the 4th floor. It was large and clean with a desk, large bed, seating area, bath/shower, fridge and microwave.

What it didn't have was anything to drink. The fridge is empty for you to fill with purchases from the shop in the lobby. A great idea in principle and something I noted from the website before my stay. I would have expected at least a bottle of water in the room though.

I was very tired after 17 hours travelling but made my way back down to the lobby to the shop. The shop did not meet expectations. I had imagined a good sized and well stocked shop, however it is very small and doesn't actually carry that much stock.

Howevere it is reaonably priced. I got some water, a can of sprite and an iced coffee. I decided to keep the sprite and coffee for the morning and put these in the fridge. When I came to have them the next day - they were frozen! So the fridges are a little fierce.

I did not use the restaurant or bar but they looked nice and always had a few people in them.

The room was airy and the bed was adjustable in softness so this lead to a comfy experience.

There is free wifi and a good sized tv.

They offer express checkout which means a quick get away if needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear MrsACJ:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you were not the items available for purchase in our Pavilion Pantry did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. We are currently addressing this and an area of opportunity to improve our service to ensure additional guests do not experience the same. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I invite you to consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the Fort Washington area. Sincerely, Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for a convention. The hotel is very nicely decorated, modern and clean. The rooms are clean and comfy. I thought the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was quite nice with a very nice variety. Tons of food if you are a breakfast eater. Also the table of coffee, water, and cookies is such a nice, hospitable touch. The staff was very friendly and helpful also. Didn't use any of the other facilities, so can't speak for those.

The only problem I had while staying there was that Saturday night there was a function in a banquet room adjacent to the pool room. The music was extremely loud, so much so that the bass from the music was booming in our room (insert "wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble...wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble"), and our room was down the hall, not next door to the function. So just after 11pm, I called the front desk to ask them to have the volume turned down just a bit. When I say the music was loud, I mean it was EXTREMELY LOUD, such that turning it down a bit would in no way diminish their fun or violate their rights in any way. I'm not one to complain, I hate to be a complainer, but at the same time, is it not reasonable to expect them to be able to have fun AND for guests who want to sleep to be able to sleep? So in my opinion, there is a design flaw to construct a hotel whereby rooms for sleeping guests are located adjacent to party rooms. It's not a design flaw that can be fixed easily, so it stands to reason that the hotel staff should take this into consideration and be pro-active in asking that the people in the banquet rooms playing loud music should turn it down just a bit at a reasonable hour. As a hotel guest, I shouldn't have to be the "bad guy" and have my sleep disturbed and have to actually phone the front desk to ask them to turn the volume down a bit. As staff, they should be thinking about all their guests, not just the ones in the banquet room. The result of my phone call seemed to be that the volume was reduced a bit, after about 10 minutes, which I thought was satisfying. So, my advice is not to stay in a room on the first floor, as this is where all the banquet rooms are located, and to play it safe, don't stay anywhere below the third floor.

Overall our stay was nice and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Insist on not having a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear anonymousVa:
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the accommodations and breakfast to your liking.
I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in Fort Washington. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.
Sincerely, Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel itself was very well designed. I enjoyed the lemon water and cookies that were free in the lobby, and overall the staff was attentive and helpful. The beds were uncomfortable, the pillows too soft and it made it hard to sleep. The hot tub was waayyy too hot - I could barely get into it.

The worst part was the fire inspection. With no previous warning (except an attempted phone call where they hung up when my wife answered) they came around and knocked on doors to come into the rooms and spray a chemical to test the smoke detectors. Then they set off the alarms a couple times. This was very disturbing to the peace and quiet we had enjoyed there, and could have been prevented with a note the night before, or even slid under the door that morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice....i loved the restraunt/ lobby. Its different than any hotel ive been in. The staff was friendly..the breakfast buffet was very good. The walls seemed very thin,i can hear their tv thru the walls. but other than that , it was a nice stay over night.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Staff was nice and attentive. Rooms were large and clean. Beds were nice-sized and comfy. Location was easy to find off of the exit. Restaurant buffet was fresh with a waffle and omlette bar. Accidentally left my iPad behind in the room and they found it and held it for me. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Ippolitinc:
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Washington. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our team members.
Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs and our executive housekeeping works tirelessly to keep the staff motivated. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast with everything you need to start your day off right.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Washington in the not to distant future. Safe Travels! Sincerely, Shaheerah Bey
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Well went to Philadelphia this past weekend to vist family and stayed at this Hotel, because the review were over all pretty good and the price was right, when i got to the hotel i must say i was not disappointed. We were greeted by an extremly pleasent staff, and the hotel was beautiful, had a slight funny smell but we figured someone must have been eating chinese food. anyway they had complimentary tea, coffee,water and lemonade, which was really nice and when we got back later that night they also offered us some delicious home made cookies. The rooms were nice and spacious, and very clean, it had a very modern look and it was very comfortable especially with the adjustable beds. The pillows were a little to soft, but we made do.
Over all we enjoyed our stay they gave us free breakfast in the morning and boy it was the best and most selections we ever experienced in a hotel.
It was worth every minute and we will be staying there again in the future!

Room Tip: go for the king size room and forget about the view you won't find a good one where in that loca...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jemima D:
Thanks so much for helping us spread the word about our Garden Sleep System beds. They are very comfortable and indeed have the ability to be adjusted for every guest. I personally like a more firm mattress, but my husband prefers the bed be a little softer—good thing there are 2 controls on the bed.
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Walked up to the front desk with nary a greeting. The lady helping me simply asked for a driver's license and form of payment and gave me my keys. She did explain that as a diamond member, I am entitled to two bottles of water and a credit of $5 from the pantry. It was hot day and definitely needed those waters but why weren't they placed in my room like they are in most other Hilton's? So with my hands already full with a suitcase, shopping bag and laptop bag, I juggled opening my door with two additional bottles of water in my hands. The room was old and depressing looking with a large room but a small tv console and a desk. I will not stay here especially after seeing the potential floods that can happen when it rains. Not worth it!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear bl181:
I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us. I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t willing to go above and beyond. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business.
I understand guest room presentation was a concern, as it is for us as well. It is due to reviews such as yours that we have decided to renovate our guestrooms beginning in December of this year. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Fort Washington you will stay with us and provide feedback about our new guestroom experience; we would love to have you. Thank you! Shaheerah Bey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia / Fort Washington? Share your experiences!